Holo-dancer gone..?

+

Axvil

Forum regular
I'm not sure if this is a recent glitch/bug/technical issue, or something else.
To celebrate 1 year anniversary, I decided to start a new playthrough today.
Got to Lizzie's, met Evelyn and we went into the VIP lounge.
During my previous 3 playthroughs, there was a holographic dancer in the middle of the room, doing her thing.
Now, there isn't.
Well,
I can sometimes see her hair, moving around, as if she was dancing, but she's completely invisible.
Anyone else experienced this? Is this a new bug? Or is the game being censored?
(checked my game settings, Nudity Censor is OFF, though at this point.. not much nudity left in the game)
EDIT
If I dance side to side outside the booth, I can see the holo dancer flicker on for a second, and then gone again, which I suppose makes this a bug.
EDIT II
I'm playing on PC, using an NVidia 1080, drivers are up to date, can run the game maxed out except for ray tracing, didn't get any gray-skin issues (I do now) or this holo issue before 1.2 (last time I really played the game was back around April). Guess I'll just have to wait for the next patch, or new drivers
EDIT III
Attaching a picture of what I see, plus there is some occasional flicker, but I am not going to try recording that

Attachments

• 20211211091809_1.jpg
    20211211091809_1.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I've reported a similar issue in the past on 1.31. Sometimes it's particular parts of a hologram which don't seem to be getting put on screen (eg hair). The issue only seems to effect holograms - whether fish on tables, or dancers, or even of main story characters in little scenes. Problem I had was that the issue was not reproducible from a save for the CDPR support staff, nor was it always reproducible for me, nor even always present.

I did this quest about a week ago and the dancer was there like it's should be.

Some examples from a bug report I made. The third picture has nothing wrong with it - but as soon as the animations started the fourth was fairly typical of the scene with things being missing. OP's issue is one I've also seen, the model can pop in very briefly on a zoom. Irritating thing is how it isn't persistent so it's easy to point to and say "This is the problem!". Should also say this can happen on a clean unmodded install for me, it has also happened across Nvidia driver versions, and across DLSS versions. Settings seem equally irrelevant to whether it happens or not.

20211104125123_1.jpg
20211104125405_1.jpg
20211104125437_1.jpg
20211104125513_1.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same issue :( I7-7700K, 16 Gb Ram, GTX 1080. I didn't experience this at my first playtrough...

Will add my specs but I don't think it's related to be honest. RTX 3080ti, AMD 5600x (4.7ghz sustained with PBO), 16gb RAM @3200mhz, game is on a Samsung 980 pro, 1440p w/gsync. All drivers up to date and clean installed yada yada.

If you are using any other version of the DLSS as many people is doing so is that the issue here, as i wrote before in one of my own posts....

ISSUES:
- You will get black textures on the dildo weapon if you use any other version then the original DLSS version
at the same time you use Ray Tracing enabled in-game.

- The holograms can have body parts missing or is just all together not there!

CONCLUSION:
Use the original DLSS !

If you are using any other version of the DLSS as many people is doing so is that the issue here, as i wrote before in one of my own posts....

ISSUES:
- You will get black textures on the dildo weapon if you use any other version then the original DLSS version
at the same time you use Ray Tracing enabled in-game.

- The holograms can have body parts missing or is just all together not there!

CONCLUSION:
Use the original DLSS !
The latest Nvidia drivers now automatically maintain the DLSS version to use the latest one avaiiable, so this is no longer possible (unless you deliberatley use an older Nvidia driver, but I don't know which was the last versionb which doesn't over-ride the DLSS with the latest release).

Discussed here..

DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers) | Page 9 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

The DLSS file i'm talking about is the one that comes within the game that some people is replacing by them self....

nvngx_dlss.dll

...located in...

Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

I have been testing this with every version of that file and get the same issue every time, as soon as i revert back to the vanilla that comes with the game the issue is no longer present.

The latest Nvidia drivers now automatically maintain the DLSS version to use the latest one avaiiable, so this is no longer possible (unless you deliberatley use an older Nvidia driver, but I don't know which was the last versionb which doesn't over-ride the DLSS with the latest release).

Discussed here..

DLSS 2.2.11 works miracles (Remember to update Nvidia Drivers) | Page 9 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

I remember raising this issue on a related thread after initially thinking it was linked to DLSS versions. It was not.

The DLSS file i'm talking about is the one that comes within the game that some people is replacing by them self....

nvngx_dlss.dll

...located in...

Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

I have been testing this with every version of that file and get the same issue every time, as soon as i revert back to the vanilla that comes with the game the issue is no longer present.
The thing is, the current Nvidia driver is now replacing the DLSS file installed by the game with the most current version, which it downloads in the background. I don't know of any setting to stop it doing this, it has just recently started doing it without any user input.

Look in C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA\NGX\models\dlss\versions\ If you see a bunch of folders with names like 131844 then that's where Nvidia is storing the dlss files. They're not called nvngx_dlss.dll but they will be used by CP2077 instead of the one the game installed.

I think you can still test-out any specific DLSS version if you delete (or rename) the NVIDIA\NGX\etc folder and copy your intended version into the game folder. Then when the game launches, if it can't find the NVIDIA versions I think it uses the one in the game folder, but it also re-downloads the latest version from the net and the next time it launches it uses that.

By the way, my dildo also still looks wrong with the latest DLSS :)
Post automatically merged:

I remember raising this issue on a related thread after initially thinking it was linked to DLSS versions. It was not.
I've see this randomly with some holos too, not changed anything on my system and also don't think it started happening right after the new patch. Frustrating.

I've see this randomly with some holos too, not changed anything on my system and also don't think it started happening right after the new patch. Frustrating.

One thing I noticed which may be linked is that it's far easier to get this if you have done some travelling on foot before reaching the hologram. A similar thing can also sometimes be seen with audio lines and tv screens not working as intended (eg I had one instance where I could reproduce by running straight to Tom's Diner and not having the TV play sound but a save/reload round the corner from Tom's Diner would result in the scene playing as intended. CDPR's team couldn't reproduce though so my glitchy system :) ). Why I wondered about my own settings and whether I had gamer's goggles on about the capabilities of my system but it doesn't seem to change by dialling right down either.

I think I might have found a workaround.
Through NVidia Setting pulled up GeForce Experience, on the Home page clicked on CP 2077, then Details, and then Optimize.
This changed my resolution to 2560x1440 and all my setting to basically Low or the lowest.
Launched the game, and holo dance is back, albeit my whole game now looks like a dog's breakfast.
I will start manually, one at a time, return my setting to High and up the resolution, see if I can recreate the issue.

don't know if anyone is still watching this but i am also getting the holo-dancer bug (she's invisible except for hair, UNLESS i am moving my mouse), and the fish hologram in the konpeki suite is not there. entering or exiting pause menu brings it back for an instant, and it stays up for a few moments if i enter the room after relaunching the game, but disappears when t-bug starts talking or if i get too close. this bug is also present on the blue holo girl on jig jig save for skirt and hair/brows. unfortunately axvil's workaround didn't fix it for me. is this just a game bug? any ideas are much appreciated.

EDIT: rolling back nvidia driver to 472.12 worked for me

Last edited:
Some examples from a bug report I made. The third picture has nothing wrong with it - but as soon as the animations started the fourth was fairly typical of the scene with things being missing. OP's issue is one I've also seen, the model can pop in very briefly on a zoom. Irritating thing is how it isn't persistent so it's easy to point to and say "This is the problem!". Should also say this can happen on a clean unmodded install for me, it has also happened across Nvidia driver versions, and across DLSS versions. Settings seem equally irrelevant to whether it happens or not.

View attachment 11267968View attachment 11267971View attachment 11267974View attachment 11267977
The Evelyn hiding behind curtains happens on ps4 too since some patches ago

Top Bottom