Netflix's The Witcher - Season 2

+
Honestly, also not too far, but "it's let watched" :)
(don't know if it have any sense in english^^).
? : so tell me in one, moron!
? : Ok, so... How we name a witcher with no brain ?
? : ...
? : Lambert.

The point is, that when it comes to warfare, brutality towards the losing side was expected until VERY recently, and you can't single out a nation as "evil" for doing something everyone does.

I didn't single Nilfgaard out, I just said they were brutal, and they were (y)

Geralt's outfit from season 3:

We need an LOL button.

After actually watching S2, it's obvious they are not following the books at all. Characters, events and places are just completely different and Ciri isn't what she is in the books at all. They also just skipped a novels worth of story in this season. So yeah, they are just using the Witcher names and that's about it, it's not an adaptation.

Which makes me wonder, why did they even try to adapt the short stories and confuse the shit out of everyone.

The Witchers invited whores into Kaer Morhen... in front of a teenage girl, freaking weird
Post automatically merged:

We need an LOL button.
I would have given a RED Point to that post to show my amusement with that statement, but that could be interpreted the wrong way lol

Last edited:
The point is, that when it comes to warfare, brutality towards the losing side was expected until VERY recently, and you can't single out a nation as "evil" for doing something everyone does.
I mean... good and evil are subjective mental constructs founded in societal, cultural and personal belief systems.

Personally, I'd consider brutality against military conquests after having won as more toward the evil end of the spectrum. Especially when the point of those conquests is to acquire power (typically why wars are fought). Even more so when the entire basis for pursuing those goals is because someone feels they're a special snowflake and "owed" that power.

On an OT note, those thoughts are why I wasn't thrown for a loop with GoT. Let's roam around conquering kingdoms because we're special and deserve them. I'm a liberator, trust me. I will now proceed to list my 40 illustrious titles. Kill all the traitors. Burn them with dragon fire. Text book power grab.

I'm not sure it's really fair to suggest the show depicts Nilfgaard as this conquering evil either. For the most part the countries/states are universally morally ambiguous. This applies just as much to the characters. It's not as if the show paints these conquered empires as angels either. Everyone does fucked up stuff.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the series and share your opinions, but use the spoilers feature to prevent ruining the experience to other viewers who havent watched it yet.
Haven't seen any of season 2 yet. Found Season 1 to be ok entertaining, it weren't something where I can't wait to see the next episode or anything, but not bad either. So looking forward to seeing season 2.

The Witchers invited whores into Kaer Morhen... in front of a teenage girl, freaking weird
There are whores younger than Ciri in the books. In the real world, until VERY recently, 15 was considered an adult and could inherit entire kingdoms, and sometimes did. IIRC, one Roman emperor was 16. Just a bit over 100 years ago, the age of consent, for everything, was like 12.

There are whores younger than Ciri in the books. In the real world, until VERY recently, 15 was considered an adult and could inherit entire kingdoms, and sometimes did. IIRC, one Roman emperor was 16. Just a bit over 100 years ago, the age of consent, for everything, was like 12.
Past times were weird as all hell, and also tolerated pederasty. May they never return in any way.

I find really strange that Witchers would invite courtesans (at least they were adults, there's that) into their fortress. There are no towns nor brothels near Kaer Morhen as far as I know either. Pretty sure that never happened in the books

Past times were weird as all hell, and also tolerated pederasty. May they never return in any way.

I find really strange that Witchers would invite courtesans (at least they were adults, there's that) into their fortress. There are no towns nor brothels near Kaer Morhen as far as I know either. Pretty sure that never happened in the books

Almost nothing in S2 happened in the books :D It's a completely different story. With completely different characters, I might add. They may have the same names, but they are not the same characters AT ALL.

Last edited:
It wasn't easy, but I've managed to finish it. I hope it's the last season and it follows Cowboy Bebop. Netflix, please, cancel it. Stop murdering the world of Witcher.

Watching as we speak, did Triss
just say to Geralt:
[I'm attracted to your pain :ROFLMAO:]
Writing on the show is seriously pathetic. There are many dull or cringe lines.

It wasn't easy, but I've managed to finish it. I hope it's the last season and it follows Cowboy Bebop. Netflix, please, cancel it. Stop murdering the world of Witcher.

Writing on the show is seriously pathetic. There are many dull or cringe lines.
ALL lines are the apex of cringeworthiness lol. Prequelmemes who? Someone ought to hire a good witcher to slay this monster :giveup:

What the F they did to Eskel, Jesus Christ...

That was my exact reaction. I was actually angry! Expletives were uttered, I must say.

I couldn't even finish watching the whole season. At first, I was morbidly curious to see how much they butchered the world and its characters but even that got old after a while, so I stopped watching it. Got better things to do.

That was my exact reaction. I was actually angry! Expletives were uttered, I must say.

I couldn't even finish watching the whole season. At first, I was morbidly curious to see how much they butchered the world and its characters but even that got old after a while, so I stopped watching it. Got better things to do.
This is exactly like watching The Last Jedi two years after The Force Awakens. It's almost fascinating how they learned absolutely NOTHING from their mistakes in S1, no, they actually built from those mistakes to make even more and more horrific. It's very, very hard to say which season is worse, but S2 is definetly a strong contender. Mother of God :disapprove:

Top Bottom