Are other vehicles their lights switching off too in your vanilla game? [Spoilers]

+
Have filed a bug-report to Support without verifying first whether it's actually non-mod related. Don't think so really, because as far as I know, it's been in the game ever since launch. Nevertheless, have to ask.

Do the lights of other vehicles turn off too in your vanilla game when they come into close proximity of you?

Of most vehicles, when in the distance, (not the 2D cars), they have lights. But when they come closer, their lights go out. It happens so often, that it looks intended. But have already seen it a couple of times, that their lights turn on again, despite they being close to you. So that tells it's NOT intended, but a bug. Can witness it in the vid below.

Upvote 0
I confirm, on Serie X (vanilla indeed), it also happen ;)
Particularly obvious with the Quadra V-tech who almost have no front light :)
Thanks for confirming. Glad I didn't file it in for nothing. Have tested the lighting of all the vanilla vehicles, and most have indeed lights bad enough to be completely useless. The Porsche has the best lights, as you could see in the vid, together with a few other vehicles that have spotlights on the roof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same here on PC / GOG / 1.31. This behavior changed few times during updates. IIRC one of the early versions like 1.05 or 1.06 had them working properly for all distance ranges. Now it seems the lights do work but only after you interact with NPC car and make them come up:
Yep, same thing. It's a bug, I'm sure of it. Let's hope they'll be able to fix it this time.

Top Bottom