Help me start a new playthrough

+
Just looking for some inspiration:
The first time I played through CP2077 my character was mainly a hacker with Gorilla Fists for fun and Cool Skills because why not (INT 20, BOD 20, COOL 20, TECH 8, REF 3).
Now I've started a new playthrough some time ago and like a bad habit I just built the same character again, because I didn't want to think too much.
Getting near the end now and I'd really like to play again, but with a really different playstyle, maybe TECH 20 and REF 20, but what else?
And is it fun? What would be good cybermods? And how would I earn money without Datamining Terminals?

Would be thankful for some input!

The first time I played through CP2077 my character was mainly a hacker with Gorilla Fists for fun and Cool Skills because why not (INT 20, BOD 20, COOL 20, TECH 8, REF 3).
Now I've started a new playthrough some time ago and like a bad habit I just built the same character again, because I didn't want to think too much.
Getting near the end now and I'd really like to play again, but with a really different playstyle, maybe TECH 20 and REF 20, but what else?
And is it fun? What would be good cybermods? And how would I earn money without Datamining Terminals?

My first 2 playthroughs were also basically the same character except for gender - big emphasis on hacking, knocking out enemies from a distance and swanning in for the loot.

Currently, I'm doing no hacking at all, and it's great. Also, maybe it's just me paying more attention with repeated plays, but noticing more and more enjoyable NPC details in the combat and take-downs. Tried at first just using blades, but shooting stuff - sorry but it's just fun. So I limit the weapons to maybe 2 types (eg pistols, rifles) and put my perk points into those specialities.

So I guess - I decide up-front what my V is going to aim at being each time (eg a stealthy SOB who dresses sharp and wouldn't be caught dead wearing bunny ears and blazing a machine gun), and try and make it happen.

I can write my "best" builds, but I'm not sure it could help at all (not everyone will like it for sure) :)
Both dedicated for stealth/guns/assault rifles as sniper (the second with more Body for doors and play with melee weapons).
Body 5 (for brendan), Reflexe 16, Tech 18, Int 20, Cool 12
Body 12, Reflexe 12, Tech 18, Int 20, Cool 9

High reflexes could be nice change. Handguns and several rifle options and Blades. With Blades there are just one problem, taking Dagger Dealer from Cool enables throwing knives that can be quite convenient stealth option if you go to cyber ninja style, but it requires a bit of dedication as knives don't auto stack from inventory and can't be retrieved.

Just don't go all for it too early. Put some to Int so you can get eddies by hacking and get access to places. For cyberware Fortified ankles can help a lot to find alternate routes to places and you can also buy van available at some point to extend that ability.

Never thought about bringing a van to jump higher, thanks.
Can I make decent money through crafting?
Not too much at the beginning but at the end, yes for sure :)
Like crafting a common/uncommon rifle for less than 150-200 eddies (components cost if you buy them) and sell it for 700-1000 eddies.
But at the beginning, access points remain the best way for money (but you don't really need a high INT skill to get money from them).

Last edited:
Not too much at the beginning but at the end, yes for sure :)
Like crafting a common/uncommon rifle for less than 150-200 eddies (components cost if you buy them) and sell it for 700-1000 eddies.
But at the beginning, access points remain the best way for money (but you don't really need a high INT skill to get money from them).
I think I'm going to try a new character who starts off grifting for eddies with a baseline cyberdeck then goes all berserker.

Could become repetitive at some point, but concerning your first two playstyles, try the sniper rifle with Ping. And like others said, access points are the best way to make €$ies, together with completing gigs on the higher Street Creds.

Could become repetitive at some point, but concerning your first two playstyles, try the sniper rifle with Ping. And like others said, access points are the best way to make €$ies, together with completing gigs on the higher Street Creds.
Which skill trees/perks are useful for sniper rifles?

Which skill trees/perks are useful for sniper rifles?
The Stealth skill tree, and the Nerves of Steel perk increases headshot damage with sniper rifles and precision rifles by 20 to 30%. The Executioner perk deals 25% more rifle damage to any target with over 50% health.

And if there is one mod you should equip for the sniper rifle, it's Countermass, which eliminates the vertical recoil while aiming. In other words, you can't miss.

The Stealth skill tree, and the Nerves of Steel perk increases headshot damage with sniper rifles and precision rifles by 20 to 30%. The Executioner perk deals 25% more rifle damage to any target with over 50% health.

And if there is one mod you should equip for the sniper rifle, it's Countermass, which eliminates the vertical recoil while aiming. In other words, you can't miss.
Thanks, great tips : )

If you play as "sniper" (headshot), Viktor also sell epic kiroshi and also a kiroshi mod who also increase headshot by 50% :)
And if you use assault rifles with silencer as "sniper", you can also use the stealth perk who also increase headshot damages by 30%-60%.

If you play as "sniper" (headshot), Viktor also sell epic kiroshi and also a kiroshi mod who also increase headshot by 50% :)
And if you use assault rifles with silencer as "sniper", you can also use the stealth perk who also increase headshot damages by 30%-60%.
What would be a good Assault Rifle for sniping?

DPS are useless when you have to "one shot" (headshot) the enemies, so higher damage per shot is better.
1. An Ajax who have the higher damages per shot for assault rifles and don't shot "burst", bullet are fired one by one (iconic Moron Lab is a good choice if you are able to craft it, if not the higher quality possible).
2. A very good copperhead (like epic/legendary or iconic Psalm 11:6)

With a good scope and a rare silencer, it pretty cool and efficient (above all at long range, because handguns have damages reduction at long range).
My stealth weapon set:
04-01-2022_12-44-13-awcxhlir.png04-01-2022_12-44-14-04g3bqwa.png
(little tips : If you craft a weapon, save before. Stats are random, so the best is high crit damages bonus and high head shot bonus)

Last edited:
Does choosing a different faction at the start really effect anything other than the early missions? Any perks/options?

Does choosing a different faction at the start really effect anything other than the early missions? Any perks/options?
Not really, it's more a "background" than "3 games in one" (a little bit more than Mass Effect) ;)
There is small changes, dialogues and quest's resolutions, but nothing major (if you want a different playthrough, the more obvious it's to choose a different "build" to experiment a different way to play).

Last edited:
I prefer a balanced build myself. You don't really need to max out any stat except tech for the legendary stuff.
My female V is a fan of katanas who is good at shooting and a ace at hacking but more because of the quality of her implants.

Do try arm Projectile Launch System. But also try to ignore how sometimes it does not make sense damage/distance-wise. It is fun for the very same reason. Just don't hit near by objects.
Can't say much about progression tree, as this time went for, well, everything. But cut down on INTL and opted-in for TECH, COOL for some outcomes and dialogue options, I guess. RFLXes similarly to BODY are basically convenience and quality of V's life :D
Untitled.png

Another one fun thing to do was to explore city from above. Think floor is lava and just try to land on the ground as least as possible. Also, there are some legendary stuff to be found on higher grounds. ;)

Top Bottom