Judy ... ugh ! [Spoilers]

+
As I mentioned in the past, Judy is an emotional train wreck, has way to many red flags. Two major ones is Judy likes to fix other people problems as to avoid her own. Also, she tends to run away, again to avoid dealing with her own issues.
The dive Judy wants to do with Valerie, seems to be pure emotional manipulation, by syncing herself to Valerie in the hopes to project and sway Valerie. After, if Val excepts and returns Judy's affections Judy works on their brain dance. If Valerie rejects Judies advances she does not even deal with the braindance and typically, she runs away by leaving NC. I know Judy leaves NC if it is Vincent, after the dive, but being Vincent is male, changes the dynamic. Makes one wonder why Judy even does this with Vincent, other than it was easier on programing the story to keep it somewhat in line to Valerie rejecting Judy's advances. In other words with Vincent being male, or Valerie rejecting Judy's advances, Judy gives up on the project.
One thing is for sure, even if Valerie and Judy become a couple within 6 months to couple of years Judy will leave Valerie, despite the 'happiest part of <Judy's> life' message left on Valerie's phone, Judy is just way to emotionally unstable.

As for Judy's relationship with Evelyn..... based on the dialogue, and emails. Judy and Evelyn were a couple, which did not work out (Evelyn is incapable to bond due to being a doll)..... what a surprise there (not). Then Judy links up with Maeko (sp?), that fell apart, more on Judy's mental instability, than Maeko''s inability to bond.
If you have Valerie (not right in her mind) romance Judy, and Valerie takes the Nomad ending, Judy pretty much admits to Valerie while travelling to the tunnel, she and Evelyn planned to 'run off in bliss' like what she doing with Valerie.

As for Judy's relationship with Evelyn..... based on the dialogue, and emails. Judy and Evelyn were a couple, which did not work out (Evelyn is incapable to bond due to being a doll)..... what a surprise there (not). Then Judy links up with Maeko (sp?), that fell apart, more on Judy's mental instability, than Maeko''s inability to bond.
Hmm... I don't understand that from the messages and clues in the game.
- Maiko and Judy were in couple before any relation between Judy and Evy.
- Maybe Judy wanted a relation with Evy, but their relation never went above friendship (nothing in the messages suppose that they were a couple).
- Judy planned to do the dive, way before meet V (as she explain it just after the first meet with Maiko during "Ex-Factor"). So she plan to do it with someone she knew (a friend at least, in any case, not alone). It's the last thing she have to do in Night City before leaving... If V start a relation, she stay. If it's not the case, as planned, she leave.
- Indeed they have planned to leave Night City together... It's the main reason why Evy planned the Relic heist. But in messages, nothing suppose that they were a couple (totally opposite to Maiko, where there, is clear). Exactly if (female) V leave Night City with Panam... They are not a couple, but a good/close friends.
- Indeed after 6 months she will leave V, mainly because V will be dead (it seem obvious no ?) :D

Edit : Besides, if Judy and Evy were a couple, it would be really weird for Judy to offer (female) V a date alone (and "with no Netrunner"), right next to Evy :)

Last edited:
[...]

Honestly, she calls you an asshole because you screwed her then left.
Quelle surprise!
If you think that any woman wouldn't text the same when she asks you what it meant to you, and you flat out say she's a distraction, of course she won't be happy. What woman would?
Women ask those kinds of questions all the time, especially someone with Judy's life, because they can't open themselves up to even more rejection.
Rejection is Judy's whole deal, how she just wants to be loved.

[...]
Uh, that's not when that happens. Judy is the one that leaves V and calls her an asshole, what kind of fanfic setting are we talking about here?

OK so I realise this is probably going to be a fairly unpopular thread ... but I've racked up almost 1000 hours gameplay now (even if a bunch of that is probably putting my machine into 'sleep' mode or having the game on pause without ACTUALLY playing ... I'm pretty sure I can't LITERALLY have clocked up that much actual gameplay) with playthrough number 3 about 70% through/

The thing I've come to realise is I REALLY can't stand the Judy character, and I don't understand the level of 'fanboy / fangirl luuuurve' she gets (n)

Yes, I romanced her during my female V playthrough, because of course I'm going to play that thread out. She's over-rated though. She whines constantly. She's 'needy' as all heck, in a way that Panam isn't. Her attitude sucks BIG time.

She's not even particularly cute ... having dated real-life 'Judy's' before - been there, done that. Panam is far cuter in every way. Heck, River's cuter than Judy and I enjoyed 'romancing' him more than her.

So yeah ... I say again ... Judy ... ugh ! :p

I'm not bothering with any of her sidequests this playthrough ... really don't wanna put myself through dealing with her again !
With all due respect OP...
...no, just no :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

I just find it creepy that even after she leaves NC, and even texts you along her way north, you can still find her in her apartment... :eek:
CDPR really should tidy that up...
Judy is there 4 u no matter what, she's the loveliest person in all of NC

Judy doesn't force you to do anything, you always have a choice. Life goes on and it's silly to think that Valerie is the only thing Judy can't live without. Especially considering her past losses, she seems ready for anything. She has become less vulnerable, it seems to me. And this is good.

All these two have is their diving time and several months, maybe years (if Valerie doesn't stop fightin' , and I'm sure she won't) together. In the cyberpunk world, it is very rare to find a friend, and more than a friend. In any case, I have never heard the phrase "I love you" from anyone, neither from the main character nor from minor characters. I really like this beautiful Valerie-Judy couple.

- Judy planned to do the dive, way before meet V (as she explain it just after the first meet with Maiko during "Ex-Factor"). So she plan to do it with someone she knew (a friend at least, in any case, not alone). It's the last thing she have to do in Night City before leaving... If V start a relation, she stay. If it's not the case, as planned, she leave.
This is true, but you forgot Judy wanted 'the right person'. If it is just to scroll a dual scroll, then it could of done anywhere at anytime, with a friend she already has. Judy may not be a people person, but she still have friends. Like Tom for example.
- Indeed they have planned to leave Night City together... It's the main reason why Evy planned the Relic heist. But in messages, nothing suppose that they were a couple (totally opposite to Maiko, where there, is clear). Exactly if (female) V leave Night City with Panam... They are not a couple, but a good/close friends.
Ah yes.... but Valerie and Panam did not 'run off in bliss'.... as Judy said about Evelyn, comparing what she is doing with Valerie.
- Indeed after 6 months she will leave V, mainly because V will be dead (it seem obvious no ?) :D
Are you sure Valerie dies shortly after..... the story ends, at leaving or doing a super mission not much else after that. A whole lot can happen in that 6 months esp. for Valerie/Vincent. As story telling goes it is a great place to have the main character if you want people to get the next installation of the story..... cliff hangers, assuming there is even a plan for such.
Edit : Besides, if Judy and Evy were a couple, it would be really weird for Judy to offer (female) V a date alone (and "with no Netrunner"), right next to Evy :)
It was just polite exchange, as they just met and do not know each other...... the only date I am aware of is after Evelyn passing.

This is true, but you forgot Judy wanted 'the right person'. If it is just to scroll a dual scroll, then it could of done anywhere at anytime, with a friend she already has. Judy may not be a people person, but she still have friends. Like Tom for example.
Nope, she want to do it in the city of her childwood... (for the emotions that she will have by reviving her memories). "Bds are art of emotions".
Not alone, with the good person or at least not with an unknow.
So it can't be made anywhere else.
She have no friends... Evy is dead, Tom is dead, Roxanne is almost dead... She's alone :)
It was just polite exchange, as they just met and do not know each other...... the only date I am aware of is after Evelyn passing.
Hmm... Maybe it's me, but the way she said it, it's not quite obvious :D
(I talk about the dialogue line "Till next time, I hope".
Judy (with a little smile) : "Yes, but only if you're alone. Not with a netrunner for example".
V : "Don't worry, there won't be a netrunner, for sure".

I try to find a video, but I haven't found a single video with female V, with this dialogue line... Players always choose the first one : "Thanks Judy" or don't see that you can talk to Judy before talk to Evy after the BD...
Are you sure Valerie dies shortly after..... the story ends, at leaving or doing a super mission not much else after that. A whole lot can happen in that 6 months esp. for Valerie/Vincent. As story telling goes it is a great place to have the main character if you want people to get the next installation of the story..... cliff hangers, assuming there is even a plan for such.
So are you sure Judy will leave V ? No :)

Last edited:
My problem with Judy (and V) is that they let Evelyn die on a dirty mattress in Judy's shitty apartment, instead of getting her proper 24/7 trauma care in an ICU. V has the latest cyberware and drives around in a fking Rayfield and Judy has access to all kinds of fancy braindances. So this wasn't about the money, but simply about being dumb and uncaring.

My problem with Judy (and V) is that they let Evelyn die on a dirty mattress in Judy's shitty apartment, instead of getting her proper 24/7 trauma care in an ICU. V has the latest cyberware and drives around in a fking Rayfield and Judy has access to all kinds of fancy braindances. So this wasn't about the money, but simply about being dumb and uncaring.
She's flatlined. Was dead before Judy even called V

She's flatlined. Was dead before Judy even called V

Evelyn was no longer comatose after she arrived at Judy's apartment and might have recovered with professional care. But since Judy and V are morons they were not taking care of her properly and she committed suicide while Judy was doing whatever....

Judy and V are the worst friends anyone can have.

Last edited:
Evelyn was no longer comatose after she arrived at Judy's apartment and might have recovered with professional care. But since Judy and V are morons they were not taking care of her properly and she committed suicide while Judy was doing whatever....
Hmm... Have you read the computer (messages) in Judy's apartment ?
I suppose no, so you can go read it if you want; it could be interesting ;)

If Judy could've afforded TT, she would've gotten it. As for V, this is a matter of what the player has and what's available as far as the story are two different things. Like the people who think V could've just given Jackie a hypo, even though they, storywise, don't have one handy not that it would've saved him anyway. His injuries were too severe.
Post automatically merged:

Now you've got me curious. Gonna head to J's and raid her comp.

Now you've got me curious. Gonna head to J's and raid her comp.
And for Evy, as V said :
"It's not your fault Judy, you couldn't watch her 24/7. She had made up her mind, she would have found a way anyway"
(In short, you can't help someone who don't want to be help).

Edit : the messages don't appear on the video :(
(but if you are far enough to Double Life, it should be on the computer).

Edit 2 :
Find it - Judy Computer messages :)
need advice
To: Lucy Thackery

I have a friend with a doll chip that was damaged by a netrunner. Since the attack she's been catatonic. The chip was fixed and functions normally, but her condition hasn't improved. I'll pay for expert advice.
-----
To: Judy Alvarez
RE: need advice
Here's what I'd do - uninstall that chip. Just make sure you do it with the proper anesthesia and that she's closely monitored. In any case, you can just bring her to me.
-----
To: Lucy Thackery
How about a house call? I'd rather not move her - she's been through every kind of hell you could imagine. I'll pay extra.
-----
OK. I have a free slot tomorrow.
-----
And? Still nothing?

Last edited:
I know these messages. They are still no excuse for what Judy and V did. Especially when you consider that this mission arc can be played way later, after already acquiring money and street cred from side quests, gigs and other story branches.

It's bad writing and someone obviously just wanted to shove their grimdark rape/torture/snuff/suicide story down the player's throats for shock effects. It reads like fanfic written by some 16 year old edgelord.

Regarding Jackie:

The writing in the game is simply not consistent. In at least 2 scenes an air hypo saved people, namely Sandra Dorset and later V (who also had a bullet stuck in their head) and during The Heist Jackie simply bleeds out, while V is loaded to the gills with meds and does not even try to help him.

There's also the scene where Panam gets hit while fixing the turret on her car. At first it seems bad and then she simply shrugs it off.

And for Evy, as V said :
"It's not your fault Judy, you couldn't watch her 24/7. She had made up her mind, she would have found a way anyway"

Evelyn's blood is just as much on V's hands as it is on Judy's. And that V is an idiot is obvious from the moment that V agrees to take part in The Heist. The city got multiple doctors and a giant hospital. But neither V nor Judy consider getting Eve to a proper doc or ICU.

I know these messages. They are still no excuse for what Judy and V did. Especially when you consider that this mission arc can be played way later, after already acquiring money and street cred from side quests, gigs and other story branches.

It's bad writing and someone obviously just wanted to shove their grimdark rape/torture/snuff/suicide story down the player's throats for shock effects. It reads like fanfic written by some 16 year old edgelord.

Regarding Jackie:

The writiing in the game is simply not consistent. In at least 2 scenes an air hypo saved people, namely Sandra Dorset and later V (who also had a bullet stuck in their head) and during The Heist Jackie simply bleeds out, while V is loaded to the gills with meds and does not even try to help him.

There's also the scene where Panam gets hit while fixing the turret on her car. At first it seems bad and then she simply shrugs it off.

Evelyn's blood is just as much on V's hands as it is on Judy's. And that V is an idiot is obvious from the moment that V agrees to take part in The Heist. The city got multiple doctors and a giant hospital. But neither V nor Judy consider getting Eve to a proper doc or ICU.
Ok, as you wish, I don't want to argue more on "story poorly written" which is your opinion ;)
(I suppose it's not shared by every body, Cyberpunk win "the best story award" on Steam...)

@LeKill3rFou
I'm well past all that. Judy's either on the road, or in Seattle, i forget which was her most recent message. Very interesting reading. (was at my apartment, so didn't take long to get to J's)

@Hammerstein
Like i said, what the player has in terms of game items, and what's available storywise are two separate things. It's been that way for years. Why do you think the party didn't just pop a phoenix down when Sephiroth impaled Aerith?
Also, did you pay attention at all? Panam didn't just shrug it off. She just pushed through it until Mitch patched her up before they chased after Hellman.

Also, did you pay attention at all?

[...]
Don't try to act all high and mighty, it makes you look bad.

Jackie: Oh shit, I got hit and now I'm dead. (despite having cyberware and being built like a tank)
Panam: I got hit bad, but I'm a big girl and will push through.

If you can't spot the inconsistencies that the game is heaping upon the player you might need a Phoenix Down for your eyes.

Top Bottom