Netflix's The Witcher - Season 2

+
The Legend of the Seeker is a great show :D mordsiths are a genius idea. That show is both laughable and fun.
Totally agree, Mord Siths are the best thing to ever have come from any medieval fantasy setting :cool:. Cara stole the whole damm show. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a cult following.
Post automatically merged:

When people hate the cast and they say they like Henry in the role... :disapprove:

Henry is absolutely terrible. Unless looks is the only thing that matters.
Henry stole the show in The Tudors. Henry returns it back with an apology to the grocer in The Witcher :coolstory:

Tell me when they add Gwent as I'd like to make some bucks off what I collected. Two of each of the original 4 decks from when W3 released across multiple platforms. All unopened. Had to order Playstation, Xbox and PC versions to get them all. 2 of each allows people to go head to head using the same deck.

Attachments

• Gwent Decks.jpg
    Gwent Decks.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
This show is abominable. Affront to the legacy. It goes well beyond what they did to the source material and what Witcher fans rage on about. It's just poor quality film making. Just about every aspect of it ranges from mediocre to outright terrible: writing, costume design, setting design, music, casting, etc.

Especially casting. I had to stop after Djikstra. No offense to the actor but they made him look like a hobo in a psychotic episode. Most roles are extremely poorly cast. I did like Henry, though. And the first episode was pretty well-made.

Of course. But when two characters are supposed to be from the same place, why does one speak in a South London and the other in a Nigerian accent? Nobody minds ethnicity and looks unless they're racist. But speech is a part of the actor's craft, if you aspire to be one, you gotta learn accents. The producers evidently didn't care about details like this. Which makes it poor quality film making.

Another thing is the details of the setting. Witcher is not just any medieval fantasy but a very specific setting of a dark, realistic world inspired by SLAVIC FOLK CULTURE AND MYTHOLOGY. And here, Melitele's statue is a generic Shiva (and poorly made). The people who had last say in creative decisions didn't read the books, I'm sure of it. I suspect they didn't even bother to read the books' Wiki page.
"Does Emhyr like women?!? Men?!? Nobody knows shit about him!" :coolstory:

Rewatching S1, although still disappointing, I do find it better than S2

Renfri's actress I do now but don't remember from where. Great too
Chapter 1 is my absolute favourite because of her. Also, it's just me or Geralt's acting is better in S1? I could see how he hated having to kill Renfri, and then his disappointment at the girl for siding with the mage and the townsfolk after he saved her...

Chapter 1 is my absolute favourite because of her. Also, it's just me or Geralt's acting is better in S1? I could see how he hated having to kill Renfri, and then his disappointment at the girl for siding with the mage and the townsfolk after he saved her...
There are some interviews where Henry doesn't seem too confortable with the writing direction on the series, maybe that took a tole on his acting; but I think its mostly the writing that went a lot worse with this second season. There are so many stereotypical scene framing of sunday afternoon tv series on the structure of the show... - like this sentence, a lot of scenes don't end because they didn't write the scene/dialogue until the end:
Ciri asks Geralt, about Triss: "how did you 2 meet?", Geralt looks empty inside, next scene. It happens a lot. This and other tv series logic, not questioned as to "is this what works best here?", no just seems they applied codes the audience would recognize and weren't any more ambitious than that.

IMO, Henry's acting is a little bit better in S2 overall. Some episodes like with Renfri in S1 are great though.
I think he just wasn't a good cast in the first place, and the guy they replaced Henry with for S3 - well, that is just extremely terrible.

Honestly, this whole "Haha, Henry Cavil is such a huuuuge nerd" thingy is such a reddit bait - yet somehow a lot of people fell for it.
And regardless of his hobbies, his performance in this travesty is pretty bad. His delivery of "Evil is evil" monologue was very try-hardy and overall it was both over-acted and monotone.

the guy they replaced Henry with for S3 - well, that is just extremely terrible.
That's just a rumour, but it would be hilarious if true, because the alleged replacement actor is the guy from American Horror Story and... Magic Mike :coolstory:. This right here would be coming from Lauren :coolstory:

Honestly, this whole "Haha, Henry Cavil is such a huuuuge nerd" thingy is such a reddit bait - yet somehow a lot of people fell for it.
And regardless of his hobbies, his performance in this travesty is pretty bad. His delivery of "Evil is evil" monologue was very try-hardy and overall it was both over-acted and monotone.
Exactly. And "evil is evil" monologue reminded me of some awkward school play.
Post automatically merged:

Another thing. Show Yen's got an amazing bod. That is all.
Agree. And one of more capable actors on the show. I hope she will get quality roles in the future. Pretty sure she will ace them.

Top Bottom