Ps4 memory leaks?

+
Ok strange one for me and my knowledge but here's what happened, it may be useful to others:
. Restarted a new playthrough and noticed, as I had before after 1.3 that after creating the character the loading screen instead of having the main game logo it had the Ruth Dzeng first talk and black screen.
. So because I've been having performance drops and bugs growing as the game goes along (not in an individual session but as hours and hours goes into that save); so I loaded another game where I was in act 2 and created a new character. The loading screen was again black but the voice is the eating burritos after the power failure.
. Sent my save files to the cloud, restored database on the console, imported only latest save and my 1st and second playthrough save at point of no return - loading screen was the right one now.
. Was getting into some bugs so decided to go on to my other user account (no saves here) and start from there and it's been a great playthrough so far. The best I've had in performance and bugs-wise.

So I don't know how much is being transfered from existing saves on the user account for the game but maybe memory is being leaked, triggers may have been triggered already,... if anyone is more experience and knowledgeable I'd love to hear from you and other people that have noticed the same things?
Thanks.

Also in PS4 (Slim w/SSD) I think this might be a current version issue, since 1.3 I've had the talk show loading screens appear when loading into a new game; I've had the news report coverage of the parade/Hanako abduction attempt and Josh Kavorkin's radio bulletin of Arasaka's state post endgame when loading in to a brand new game too.

It's definitely something to do with existing save game data, I think deleting all my autosaves cleared it (can't be sure, was a while ago now) and probably not a big problem - though having said that, 1.3 introduced quite a few bugs for me.

I deleted autosaves and quicksaves regularly but with this last example of having 3 manual saves and it still happening... why is it loading anything from those on a new game?
And I'm wondering if some of it happened on earlier versions too without the manifestation on the loading screen. Because I always reinstalled the game after a patch, not a hotfix, but always imported the 2 old save files.
And in some way or another long save files get buggier for me. On all patches so far.

My last clean install was with version 1.2 and can confirm that I did not encounter these issues prior to 1.3, in fact the fist time I encountered it was starting a new game after installing 1.3.1.

But regarding longer saves getting buggier - I always wondered if a memory leak was the cause of the crashes my side, because sessions lasting an hour or less were relatively fine regarding performance and crashes, longer than 2 going into 3hrs a crash would definitely happen - I got so persnickety about it I wrote down when crashes occured (and where - almost always during a 2hr+ session in Kabuki).
Even saving, restarting console and reloading on current patch shows a large improvement in performance, so something is definitely up.

My last clean install was with version 1.2 and can confirm that I did not encounter these issues prior to 1.3, in fact the fist time I encountered it was starting a new game after installing 1.3.1.

But regarding longer saves getting buggier - I always wondered if a memory leak was the cause of the crashes my side, because sessions lasting an hour or less were relatively fine regarding performance and crashes, longer than 2 going into 3hrs a crash would definitely happen - I got so persnickety about it I wrote down when crashes occured (and where - almost always during a 2hr+ session in Kabuki).
Even saving, restarting console and reloading on current patch shows a large improvement in performance, so something is definitely up.
I don't just mean long sessions I also mean for me a save with 100 hours is much buggier than one with 50. Even in act 2, where everhthing "opens up", a save in the middle of act 2 has been buggier than in the beggining

Top Bottom