A real cyberpunk experience

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love RPG games, cyberpunk 2077 it's a cool game, the city is amazing , but i need to feel this city alive ! I'm part of the city in this game, but i want more than that. So here is my idea how this game should work.

1- Forget V. I mean, let me choose at the begning of the game if i want to be V or just a citizen of night city, someone who want to sell weapons, cloths, drug dealer, PIMP, dj, policeman, journalist, trauma team operative, let me choose a profession and stay on this path.

2-How the hell the first idea will work ? Simple, like a management game, if i choose to be a business man who wants to open a small business on the city, let me manage my store, contract security, mercenaries to attack other stores, stole blueprints, night city is the best character of the game, so let me play with with this city.

3-How to make night city a real city ? Following the idea, when you create your character to run a small business, you will start with almost nothing, like V, when your business began to grow, you can buy a new place, where you will sell better stuff, and as you grow bigger, after you have a empire, you can load this empire in other peoples game, make an avatar of your character and your business in other peoples game, so they can buy your stuff !! This is how you make this city alive ! Even create missions for people bring down this new business empire, or help your avatar destroy the competition.

4-This is not only for this new gameplay style, is for V too, LET ME BE ABLE TO BUY HOUSES, APARTMENTS, and decorate then !

Basically this is the idea, a management game in night city, where i can experience the city and a true RPG game where i can be whatever i want to be.

Sorry for the bad english.

Seems like you don't really care about the cyberpunk part of it all.

Seems like what you're looking for is a game called Second Life.

Yes this game didn't live up to the many, many expectations, but personally I don't see how it isn't a real cyberpunk experience :shrug:
You should question why is a cyberpunk experience ? Because you have neon and people dressing strange cloths on the streets ? Sorry, if you think that this is a cyberpunk experience I think people never played on a RPG table.... Don't misunderstand me, i like the game, but he has so many unexplored potential, there are so many things that they could explore on the city, like for example, imagine that you want to join a gang like the " animals " and you have a entire quest line for this path, or the tiger claw. If you are able to buy a car, why not be able to buy an apartment or house ? The quests where you have to enter in a hotel room or someone's house shows a really nice cyberpunk environment. Trauma team from the Dorsset quest is so cool, imagine if you are one of them ? What i'm trying to say is, they have created a really good world but the exploration of these world is mediocre, you could be so much more than a mere mercenary. But again, i don't want then to change the main story, just add more content to keep the game alive, when i say more content, i don't want new quests where i have to de SAME thing again like "go there and kill someone, go here and stole this info"....

You should question why is a cyberpunk experience ? Because you have neon and people dressing strange cloths on the streets ? Sorry, if you think that this is a cyberpunk experience I think people never played on a RPG table.... Don't misunderstand me, i like the game, but he has so many unexplored potential, there are so many things that they could explore on the city, like for example, imagine that you want to join a gang like the " animals " and you have a entire quest line for this path, or the tiger claw. If you are able to buy a car, why not be able to buy an apartment or house ? The quests where you have to enter in a hotel room or someone's house shows a really nice cyberpunk environment. Trauma team from the Dorsset quest is so cool, imagine if you are one of them ? What i'm trying to say is, they have created a really good world but the exploration of these world is mediocre, you could be so much more than a mere mercenary. But again, i don't want then to change the main story, just add more content to keep the game alive, when i say more content, i don't want new quests where i have to de SAME thing again like "go there and kill someone, go here and stole this info"....
I don't mind being just a merc. I think what's most interesting about all these factions is that we see them from the outside, like in The Witcher.

I don't mind being just a merc. I think what's most interesting about all these factions is that we see them from the outside, like in The Witcher.
And it's a "single" game... You can't do/present everything in only one game :)
Yes it could be great, but it's like 3 lifepaths > 3 different games, it's not realist in one game.
It's like The Witcher, one game is clearly not enough to experience the "world" :)

Last edited:
I've said it before, and i'll say it again: What is the deal with Trauma Team? They're paramedics with guns, big deal.
A privatized health insurance agency that causes more physical harm and murder than many criminal organizations in NC combined. An organization that preserves the lives of only those who are wealthy enough to afford it, which almost exclusively means those who have mastered the arts of exploiting others to get ahead. But saving their life can and will often result in their financial ruin, so TT also serves as a "check-and-balance" of sorts among the ultra-rich and powerful.

Also, the people employed by TT are often the most highly trained military doctors around. People that would be paid far less for far more work, and therefore, far more overall good, if left to work in public or more available clinics or hospitals.

They're an organization that has robbed the masses of the most prestigious doctors, but who have simultaneously cornered the market and can keep the wealthy in some level of control, while also causing mass pain and death to the overall populace in order to do it.

I don't understand how people can't find that idea fascinating. Trauma Team is one of the most paradoxical and outright twisted organizations I can imagine. They're an icon for just how @#$%!ed up the world of Cyberpunk is.

A privatized health insurance agency that causes more physical harm and murder than many criminal organizations in NC combined. An organization that preserves the lives of only those who are wealthy enough to afford it, which almost exclusively means those who have mastered the arts of exploiting others to get ahead. But saving their life can and will often result in their financial ruin, so TT also serves as a "check-and-balance" of sorts among the ultra-rich and powerful.

Also, the people employed by TT are often the most highly trained military doctors around. People that would be paid far less for far more work, and therefore, far more overall good, if left to work in public or more available clinics or hospitals.

They're an organization that has robbed the masses of the most prestigious doctors, but who have simultaneously cornered the market and can keep the wealthy in some level of control, while also causing mass pain and death to the overall populace in order to do it.

I don't understand how people can't find that idea fascinating. Trauma Team is one of the most paradoxical and outright twisted organizations I can imagine. They're an icon for just how @#$%!ed up the world of Cyberpunk is.
What is funny is that TT ended up that well oiled in the setting while it was created as a patch in the tabletop because there was no "magic healing" cleric equivalent. At its most basic form its just a saving throw... but it says a lot of how to embed a mechanic in a credible way.

It probably has to do with the fact i've seen actual paramedics work, since my parents both used to be E.M.T.s, so just that with the addition of a gun doesn't impress me. Don't get me wrong, paramedics in themselves are impressive and deserve high praise, it's just you add a gun and make them corrupt, and it's not that big of a deal to me.

What is funny is that TT ended up that well oiled in the setting while it was created as a patch in the tabletop because there was no "magic healing" cleric equivalent. At its most basic form its just a saving throw... but it says a lot of how to embed a mechanic in a credible way.
Sounds like exactly the type of good writing and imaginitive engineering that creates amazingly cool role-playing settings! That's a definite nod to Pondsmith's ingenuity there. Taking the need for a mechanic and crafting it into the the fiber of the universe being built.

It probably has to do with the fact i've seen actual paramedics work, since my parents both used to be E.M.T.s, so just that with the addition of a gun doesn't impress me. Don't get me wrong, paramedics in themselves are impressive and deserve high praise, it's just you add a gun and make them corrupt, and it's not that big of a deal to me.
This is where I think a lot of players are missing the trick with Cyberpunk. It's not a matter of what's shown on screen. Things are not handled "obviously". They're handled subtly. The motivation and dramatic action exists between the lines -- not plastered on screen like a network sitcom.

It's characters like Vik: paying special attention to that Trauma Team badge on his arm. Here, we have a character that's out for some good. He's willing to give V, and arguably other people, whatever he can if he thinks they're worth it. Yes, he has to make a living, and he apparently does so by using the connections he likely built up during his time with TT to get his hands on chrome he otherwise shouldn't really have. And he's willing to go out on a limb for certain people and maybe even take a loss because he believes in them. That's curious, because it immediately begs the question -- why is Vik like this? Well, looking at that TT badge again, maybe we have that answer. Maybe its his way of atoning for things in his past. After spending his career thus far gunning down more people than he's ever saved as a "doctor"...and after looking at who the people were he did save and what they went on to become...maybe he's looking to just disappear into the background and become a ripperdoc that can just do some good.

I'd say that there's very little in the game that can be taken at just face value. If all we pay attention to is face value, we'll be missing a lot of the themes that the game deals with. The same is true with a lot of the characters we meet throughout. Why does Takemura spout poetry like a medieval samurai? Why did Yorinobu turn against and eventually murder his father? What was Dex up to when he came back to NC to hire V and Jackie for the heist? Maybe most importantly, what was Johnny fighting for all his life -- did he have a goal...or was it literally just to punish the world for what it had become?

The game never answers questions like this directly. It poses questions. It drops clues. It lets the player decide how they want to interpret everything. The existence of Trauma Team (while yes, very arguably a background detail) still adds to this sort of nuance.

Last edited:
...err...ok I guess that you don't like Warframe or playing SWTOR for the story. That's ok if you don't like them, but...they exist? Some people like them and don't care to touch pvp?

I am not sure I follow you here. So you are saying Arcanum (to give an example) is not an RPG? Or Planescape torment for that matter:)
Well, I did some example the best I could (not an English native user).
I can't specify or talk about every specific game. But I guess You get my point.

As i've said in another thread, they promised nothing. Gameplay trailers and all that aren't promises, or some form of contract, just a taste of what they have in mind. Due to varying circumstances, things change, and they're under no obligation to inform the general public of it.
This are exactly the posts that worry me. And I'll explain why.

1. All the source material and information about the game, came from that 48min gameplay, the Night City Wires, and Youtubers demo.
So how can a customer (us) know how the game looks like before release?
We need to get the informations from that materials, because it was the only material avaible.

2. So based on what You are saying, they could release a 2D card game (as Microsoft Solitaire for example), right?
"In the trailers we show what we had in mind. But in the end, this is the product".

3. This type of thinking will kill all the game industry.
Players will not buy any game pre-order never again, because the will be not sure of the kind of product they will receive.
Indie developers, will die. Beacuse with noone helping them raising funds and with no base, they are no match for big company.

4. Lucky for us, that's not how the world works.
Generally the commercial before product release (not only games, but also cars, eletronics, and so on) shows exactly how the product will look like.
And that's why CDPR has a lot of backfires, and others company don'ts.
Look a Bethesda trailer: what you see is what you'll receive.

This way of thinking is like destroying every customer right You have.

Guest 3847602

1. All the source material and information about the game, came from that 48min gameplay, the Night City Wires, and Youtubers demo.
We need to get the informations from that materials, because it was the only material avaible.
What did you see in 48 min demo that isn't in the game? Apart from contextual takedowns.

What did you see in 48 min demo that isn't in the game? Apart from contextual takedowns.
I also wonder, maybe there are some things that I missed o_O
Already posted in another thread, but :
To be sure, we talking about this video ?
(48 min - Gameplay - 2018)
I ask because honestly, there are some change, but in general except for a few changes in the quests and the interface... it looks quite similar (surprisingly even).

@nirile1410
Yet pre-ordering used to not even exist, and the game industry not only continued, it grew. Strange. We used to not know about games until a few months before they were released, then again, there was no internet, so leaks weren't a thing. By your logic we should be able to sue anytime a game is even slightly different than the trailers. That would kill the games industry, since all companies would be under constant legal struggles, and would go bankrupt.

Players will not buy any game pre-order never again, because the will be not sure of the kind of product they will receive.
Indie developers, will die. Beacuse with noone helping them raising funds and with no base, they are no match for big company
Are you talking about pre-orders or crowdfunding? Because in crowdfunding you accept a risk that there might not be a game at all,and pre-order many times is not charged till 1 week or so before release so you are not funding anything at all.

Pre-orders made sense for retail and distributors before digital releases were feasible,since they could forecast the number of physical copies-so they didn't stock too much or too little- and customers knew that they would have the game on launch...consumer wise don't make sense in 2022 (i would say it didn't make sense ever unless you wanted absolutely to play on release). Now pre-orders is basically a marketings trick "x million preorders!","most anticipated game"...
Minus the bugs and glitches , i mean Bethesda from all publishers.

Well, I did some example the best I could (not an English native user).
I can't specify or talk about every specific game. But I guess You get my point.

This are exactly the posts that worry me. And I'll explain why.

2. So based on what You are saying, they could release a 2D card game (as Microsoft Solitaire for example), right?
"In the trailers we show what we had in mind. But in the end, this is the product".

Indie developers, will die. Beacuse with noone helping them raising funds and with no base, they are no match for big company.

4. Lucky for us, that's not how the world works.
Generally the commercial before product release (not only games, but also cars, eletronics, and so on) shows exactly how the product will look like.
And that's why CDPR has a lot of backfires, and others company don'ts.

This way of thinking is like destroying every customer right You have.
For me, this really depends on the type of game. I didn't want to see any footage from CP77, because IMO regarding Witcher 3 they spoiled too much. I'm not going to watch anything Elden Ring, though I've seen some thumbnails of screenshots, and I'm going to buy it anyway. However, in the case of Civilization VI, I watched pretty much everything, because studying the mechanics will take a lot of time and the faster you figure stuff out, the more you can plan ahead and the better you'll be in multiplayer. Civ IV was the last one that came with a paper manual, back then I read through the whole thing (~200 pages :rolleyes:) before even trying the game.

This kind of strategy of course requires that I find information about what titles are going to be released instead of relying on ad campaigns. It would be interesting to know, how many players do the same vs. find out about games from hype trains, i.e. to what extent marketing is in vain. My gut feeling is that the bigger the studio, the more marketing is redundant, although this might be different with annual releases of practically the same game.

@nirile1410
Yet pre-ordering used to not even exist, and the game industry not only continued, it grew. Strange. We used to not know about games until a few months before they were released, then again, there was no internet, so leaks weren't a thing. By your logic we should be able to sue anytime a game is even slightly different than the trailers. That would kill the games industry, since all companies would be under constant legal struggles, and would go bankrupt.
Perhaps pre-ordering should not exist at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom