I... Love... This Game!

+
I love this game.

After putting 400 hours into it I had not played since March 2021. Since, when not playing guitar, I've been trying to find another game to get into, and I have tried a ton, from the most popular, AAA, niche but popular etc. At least 15 different ones, but nothing kept me in.

Even Far Cry 6, which I was really looking forward to just seems a drag. BF 2042. RDR2(what a boring slog on training wheels), WoW Classic, AC Valhalla(just a timesuck of long travels for little gain). Days Gone I did enjoy, but needed a break from the horde battles.

But I fired up Cyberpunk last night and jumped on the character I was playing in March(3rd playthrough), got started and just kept going. They really did create something special, albeit with issues others suffered though I did not, that will stand for a very long time. No game's story and structure comes close. And the world is just beautiful.

Once again, two thumbs up CD Projekt Red.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Haven't played it in a while, but I can honestly say that no other game in recent memory has made me want to 100% it 4 times in under a year. I think the last time it has happened was when TW2 came out.
There is something about the story, characters, Night City and gameplay that makes it so addictive.

I love this game.

After putting 400 hours into it I had not played since March 2021. Since, when not playing guitar, I've been trying to find another game to get into, and I have tried a ton, from the most popular, AAA, niche but popular etc. At least 15 different ones, but nothing kept me in.

Even Far Cry 6, which I was really looking forward to just seems a drag. BF 2042. RDR2(what a boring slog on training wheels), WoW Classic, AC Valhalla(just a timesuck of long travels for little gain). Days Gone I did enjoy, but needed a break from the horde battles.

But I fired up Cyberpunk last night and jumped on the character I was playing in March(3rd playthrough), got started and just kept going. They really did create something special, albeit with issues others suffered though I did not, that will stand for a very long time. No game's story and structure comes close. And the world is just beautiful.

Once again, two thumbs up CD Projekt Red.
Me too! Cyberpunk has been one of the absolute best games that I've played in years.

well, it's good to have different opinion in life.
To me, it doesn't even get an A.

Story was nothing special, a part some couple of quest and characters.
The city is beautifull visually, but empty and with no interaction.

The gameplay, is pretty standard; minus gun variety.
You can play 1 hour and find 127 times the same weapons.

Perks are meh, and some are broken anyway.

That's for the feeling of the game.
If you add the way CDPR "promoted" the game to fool the community, and the fact I spent 60€ on this.... get Z from me.
The standard have changed trought year, but to say that an ALPHA it's a triple A game, it's just unfair.

Still love the game, bought it at launch still not finished it 90hrs in on ps4 and not visited Embers yet, not been playing since I got my ps5, waiting for the patch so that I can finish the game without pop in distractions.

SPOILER BELOW…
Spoiler… below.
Below. Spoiler.

Yes, this game is so addictive and great. I wish I lived in night city. Hahaha. I really hope the devs do right by the real fans snd not the casual gamers who just wanna get back to COD, and give us more content. Rerelease with all of the original story missions. Give this amazing game, city, and story the LENGHT it deserves. And y’all…. We ALL know Jackie died too quick. We barely got any time with our best friend. It sucked when he got the curtain call, but imagine how much worse it would have been 10-15 hours later when we REALLY developed a relationship with that character. We had more emotional missions with River than we did our bestie. Idk… just a LOT of wasted potential.

well, it's good to have different opinion in life.
To me, it doesn't even get an A.

Story was nothing special, a part some couple of quest and characters.
The city is beautifull visually, but empty and with no interaction.

The gameplay, is pretty standard; minus gun variety.
You can play 1 hour and find 127 times the same weapons.

Perks are meh, and some are broken anyway.

That's for the feeling of the game.
If you add the way CDPR "promoted" the game to fool the community, and the fact I spent 60€ on this.... get Z from me.
The standard have changed trought year, but to say that an ALPHA it's a triple A game, it's just unfair.

Well, see, I spend my time enjoying what I have; what they did deliver, rather than focusing on what's not there. That seems like an infinite rabbit hole to waste your time on if someone wants to. Probably a general lesson in achieving happiness tucked away in there somewhere.

If you like to play for story, most games are just ,max, on level of some B class movies, even these considered as "masterpieces". Cyberpunk is just one of few examples when it isn't thing. It's like from different planet.
You havent played much Square Enix titles than, do you?

There are many good games with great stories out there - saying this storytelling is outstanding is just wrong. It’s good but nothing special if you are used to the rpg genre. I often read this call... so i guess many cyberpunk player just don’t know much rpgs in generell hm?...

saying this storytelling is outstanding is just wrong.
Not "wrong", simply matter of tastes...
For me it's the case and it's not only the story "itself", it's also how it's presented (character, voice acting, dialogues,...).
At least, for Steam players, Cyberpunk story is outstanding among the 2021 's games (ok, there may not have been a lot of competition but still)
2021 Outstanding Story-Rich Game

You havent played much Square Enix titles than, do you?

There are many good games with great stories out there - saying this storytelling is outstanding is just wrong. It’s good but nothing special if you are used to the rpg genre. I often read this call... so i guess many cyberpunk player just don’t know much rpgs in generell hm?...
I'm sorry, do we know eachother, personally? Games stories are mostly very shallow. No matter Square Enix (Deus Ex is not really good stortywise), or other studios. Compared to books and movies, most of them have laughable stories. B class movie at best, when you're generous.
I've played Metal Gear Solid 1 recently, still masterpiece, and very enjoyable, but story, for me it's almost camp, often was smirking how nonsense it was, that's why I enjoyed it - was not serious about story. Plenty of games is like that and Hideo and his fantasies are not really some bad example, he loves 80's action movies and you can see it, but what he makes story-wise is often closer to "Universal Soldier" than "Blade Runner".
So yeah Cyberpunk storywise is pretty much outstanding compared to other games, maybe one day you will understand it, if not, your loss.

Well, see, I spend my time enjoying what I have; what they did deliver, rather than focusing on what's not there. That seems like an infinite rabbit hole to waste your time on if someone wants to. Probably a general lesson in achieving happiness tucked away in there somewhere.

Well, if you like to pay more to have less, that's your choice.
As stated, I gave trust to CDPR and put my precious 60€ on CP2077.
I could buy 2-3 games on Steam sale with that.

So... yeah since money doens't grew on trees, I'm pretty pissed when someone take it from me.....

"I..LOVE.. THIS GAME!"

Glad you do. Love it too. Was actually ready to end my gaming career for good when Cyberpunk released. Right on time one might say, as I've been playing it ever since. Lets see what the future will bring.
"my gaming career" haha what is that? xD I mean back when I was teenager I wanted to stop gaming after HL2 released, but calling it gaming cereer? WHY? Do you play games for living somehow?

I haven't played cyberpunk in a while. I wanna pick it up again, but other games demand my immediate attention. Animal crossing first and foremost. Then skyrim anniversary and mass effect legendary edition. Skyrim cause creation club mods and mass effect for its DLCs. I'm replaying both. I have all sorts of games and too many other tasks that fill out my day to day slot leaving very little time to truly enjoy all the games I like as well as IRL friends. Though that being said... Let's talk about cyberpunk 2077!

I loved the three starting missions.

The street kid intro was trash. No. The street kid was trash. You fail at stealing a car and your helpless at getting away cause the cops are all over you and this corpo filth tells the cops to toss you out like the trash we are. To be fair... you tried to steal their mega expensive car. I shouldn't be trashing this intro cause its actually pretty fitting. I appreciate seeing how fast the cops arrive and how fast things can screw up. This is actually a cool intro into cyberpunk, and I'm just a salty lil kid whining about losing. It doesn't help that the mission to steal that chip was an utter flop too.

The corpo mission is you getting handed an L too. You lost everything. That pissed me off so much. A nice lil educational lesson on just how cutthroat the cyberpunk world is.

Take my criticisms with a grain of salt. On the other hand I respect these screw up moments. Your not the invincible protagonist that can do whatever they want. You will get your ass handed to you six ways to Sunday if you bite off more than you can chew.

The nomad one was beautiful. This intro felt like a win. It felt good looking at that iguana with Jackie.

Sorry about that complaining mess. I'm still salty and will always be...

Let's be a lil more cheerful... I'm sick and tired of reading all my whiny bs.

I said it a million times before, and I'll say it a billion more times. I love character creation. Flipping through hair, wondering what I'll like best. Looking at hair and eye colors debating on putting my natural hair and eye color, or colors that I like the most. Cyberpunk offered a wider variety of eye choices than I expected. All sorts of pupils. I could make another four or five paragraphs on this topic alone if I wanted to.

I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love voiced protagonists. This is awesome.

Clothes was tonnnns of fun. Chosing styles and outfits. This looks good with this. Later on you find something that looks better and that is an amazing feeling. Finding cooler stuff and throwing it on. Bruh. I look so fly that I cry cause I forget third person perspective isn't a thing here.

I might just run around town oblivious to the car about to hit me, and get the police aggro cause my blood for the blood god protagonist just shot the guy that hit me. Reveeenge baby! Always worth it.

I love reading lore around town. I love seeing a crime scene and looking for clues and stories describing what just happened and why the crime happened. As a guy that normally hates reading, this means quite a bit for me to say I thoroughly enjoy finding pieces of lore/stories/messages/conversations in game. It makes the world feel more alive.

Theres a whole bunch more stuff I could talk about that I love about cyberpunk but I don't like making super long posts. Nobody wants to read that junk! Glad to to you all enjoy cyberpunk too! I enjoy sharing my thoughts with you guys.

Last edited:
I love this game too. I completed it back in 2020 on my laptop which has a GTX1080 and the game ran perfectly well on high settings. I did not see too many bugs other than some floating cups and phones — nothing game breaking at all.

In Feb 2021, I picked it up on the PS4 and completed it. It was surprisingly playable on old hardware and was still a beautiful game and amazing experience. The bugs were pretty much ironed out by this point so I only had 2 crashes in 55 hours and some floating items.

The next time I play the game will be on the PS5 with the next-gen patch… I can’t wait!

Last edited:
Top Bottom