Do you feel immersed in 2077? Well, you're not alone.

+
Many things break or limit my immersion, but here are three of them that irks me right now:

1- Why are all the side activities clearly marked on the map? Most open world are guilty of this and it needs to stop. Stop handholding, let the player explore and stumble on those. I am playing games to disconnect and you better believe that if you give me a checklist, I'll take the bait and won't like it. I'll shamefully take the path of least resistance.

2- Fixers not being properly introduced. I know, we know some of them because of the ''montage'' and this likely can not be changed. Just to have a first meet and greet mission for each fixers instead of them just calling you would have helped a lot, in my opinion.

3- Not enough surprises while roaming. For example, the suicidal guy jumping from a window. That was great. A small thing, most would say, but the first time it happened to me, I loved it. That is where randomly created event, even if curated (RDR2 did a decent job with this), for me, would add a lot of depth to the world.

TLDR: less handholding and more surprising events happening when free roaming.

because next step of this would be marketing team dictating what kind of game devs should make, not devs.
Ehm... You know how it works, right? The choice of game mechanics, structure, the famous actor...

Not talking ONLY about cyberpunk, it's the same for every single AAA game.

Ehm... You know how it works, right? The choice of game mechanics, structure, the famous actor...

Not talking ONLY about cyberpunk, it's the same for every single AAA game.
Sure same with depressing themes, roleplaying elements almost completly ignored during marketing like for example talent trees...I think we talking about different things, nobody hiring Keanu Reeves because he is great voice actor...

Sure same with depressing themes, roleplaying elements almost completly ignored during marketing like for example talent trees...I think we talking about different things, nobody hiring Keanu Reeves because he is great voice actor...
Role-playing elements ignored? They've been saying for years in every single occasion "cyberpunk is first and foremost an RPG. We have a fluid class system so you can mix and match the skills to create your own V, the lifepaths completely change the game opening up to huge replayability". And the skill trees had a dedicated night city wire. To the point that to this very day people are still debating if cp77 is an RPG or not (let's not open this up). Also RPG sells a lot. A LOT. Look how almost every AAA game now has RPG elements and is open world. Look at how Ubisoft has transformed every single IP they have in open world RPGs with random numbers and magic skills just for the sake of marketing them as RPGs.

Not quite. My stance on the police situation is that if they're gonna revamp it, they should avoid wacky, arcadey GTA-like police system like a plague and inseatd spawn 100 level MaxTac team outside of players' field of view who wold one-shot those players who likes to go on GTA-like rampages. That's why I mean by "this isn't GTA, GTA is that way".
So yeah, I'd welcome the change which would make MaxTac a brutally difficult obstacle. When your only option would be to run away and you'd still have about 5% chance of actually managing to escape. That would be an improvement. I don't see GTA-like system as improvement.

This is a far more conciliatory approach than I've often seen you hold in the past. Which I can definitely appreciate.

The what now?
Vehicle customization.

I think what most people would understand by vehicle customization is appearance customization. Describing the vehicle.ini as such would only confuse most people I think. Although there is a mod for that too.

A more accurate description would be that .ini files are configuration files. In the case of a vehicle.ini (it can be named anything.ini really, it's what's in the file that counts), you're talking about a set of values added or modified in order to modify/adjust the way vehicles behave in-game. More road adherence, speed, etc. Some vehicle handling mods only include an .ini file while others require a specific one in order to achieve their full and desired effect.

One file to modify them all.

They definitely help with game immersion since most car in the base game handle like they're bayliners.

Last edited:
They definitely help with game immersion since most car in the base game handle like they're bayliners.
Egads! An on topic post!

Let's remember this is an Immersion thread. Anyone looking in to chat about that, might see some immersion stuff, but also a LOT about marketing, police, what makes an RPG, gameplay systems...

Try to relate it to immersiveness, please, not another general discussion Cyberpunk 2077: What Would Make It Better.

Preferably with a music sub-text? Which I see not a lot of here?

For topic in general, afaik immersion is a buzzword someone in industry game to summarize something in a power point slide and appears to be just another thing in world of games that means whatever depending of person.

Do I feel like this lego person, doing lego things in a lego city when playing CP 2077? No I don't and that's great as that sort of thing is repulsive to me.

Does to the game has interlinked hooks that works intellectually in that in our reality, can game explain something about real world, achieve what Gibson's Neuromancer did back in the day, yes it does.

2. car races: car races are in game, four of them, personally no matter how they will enchance it, it won't be as good, as gigs, side quests.
3. smuggling: there's whole quest around Nomad V smuggling iguana, don't know how do you want expand on it and make it interesting activity, looks more like idea for another quests.

CDRP are pioneering on certain aspects, like issues cars and environment / NPC's bring. I don't think they would have issue to make that work though I don't see that necessarily happen in CP 2077. Further discussion is in other topics. First see this, then this.

2- Fixers not being properly introduced. I know, we know some of them because of the ''montage'' and this likely can not be changed. Just to have a first meet and greet mission for each fixers instead of them just calling you would have helped a lot, in my opinion.
I can think of that being a bit of trying to suspension of disbelief (distracting) in case of Sebastian Ibarra and Wakako, but rest of that really works for me as part of V's relationship with them is that no matter how Fixers may play their role to V, these relationships aren't normal.

Just walking alone got me pretty immersed into the game. Realistic city build, first person, textures, ambient sounds. After not playing the game for almost a year now, recently I was listening to ambient sounds from the game on youtube and had these nice flashbacks from my experience in the Night City. It hasn't been long enough since release, but I already have this nostalgic feeling when listening to anything from the OST. Now one can just imagine how immersive it could be if pedestrian and traffic AI are much more improved. 1.5 patch?

Top Bottom