10850K Rtx 3090 - low fps?

+
a 3090 isent just a 3090. He has a kingpin witch is a high binned gpu able too handle high clocks at low power draw compared.

Guessing this one is yours?: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3090-gaming-oc.b7952

His: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/evga-rtx-3090-kingpin-hydro-copper.b9244

Its 13% over standard and thats without boost due too temps and his manual oc. it has 3 power plugs and a much higher/stable powerdraw. Its built too just run better and im guessing hes a 3dmark benchmarker or something.

That said it could be other factors too, he could have mods running with optimised textures or other stuff. his cpu is OCed too and he probably has way better speed ram then you do. sadly i dont have cp2077 installed atm so i cant compare fps but id say aslong as your over 60 its passeble with ultra rt

a 3090 isent just a 3090. He has a kingpin witch is a high binned gpu able too handle high clocks at low power draw compared.

Guessing this one is yours?: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-3090-gaming-oc.b7952

His: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/evga-rtx-3090-kingpin-hydro-copper.b9244

Its 13% over standard and thats without boost due too temps and his manual oc. it has 3 power plugs and a much higher/stable powerdraw. Its built too just run better and im guessing hes a 3dmark benchmarker or something.

That said it could be other factors too, he could have mods running with optimised textures or other stuff. his cpu is OCed too and he probably has way better speed ram then you do. sadly i dont have cp2077 installed atm so i cant compare fps but id say aslong as your over 60 its passeble with ultra rt
ok thx

so i just downloaded and tested. Im cpu bound at 1440p quality DLSS so getting around 72 fps just outside of mega building 10. I get 90%-70% gpu usage and even lowering the DLSS does nothing. Just using 1 mod CET for the amd smt patch too gain some more cpu threads usage. cpu usage never goes above 70% tho so im not really cpu bound but i still am (if that makes sence) dont think RED can take advantage of more threads or something. Anyways seems limitations kicks in fairly easily like allways in this game.

Edit wow the game kinda looks like ass at 1440p, think im too used too 4k tbh. 4k max everything and dlss at preformance looks way better -.-

so i just downloaded and tested. Im cpu bound at 1440p quality DLSS so getting around 72 fps just outside of mega building 10. I get 90%-70% gpu usage and even lowering the DLSS does nothing. Just using 1 mod CET for the amd smt patch too gain some more cpu threads usage. cpu usage never goes above 70% tho so im not really cpu bound but i still am (if that makes sence) dont think RED can take advantage of more threads or something. Anyways seems limitations kicks in fairly easily like allways in this game.

Edit wow the game kinda looks like ass at 1440p, think im too used too 4k tbh. 4k max everything and dlss at preformance looks way better -.-
nice

I'd like CDPR to show some internal testings of CP77 and how surprisingly well it runs on their machines. If its always the fault of our pc configurations, why won't they show us how it's done on computers that never showed them any technical issues whatsoever.

Well its kinda hard too run this game, just turning off RT kinda doubles fps even with the best cards out there. Shame i havent upgraded my cpu yet so cant really test at lower then 4k res since i get cpu bound. Wanted too se how high you can go at 1080p with no DLSS and no RT in terms of FPS. Generaly a decent way too see how cpu bottlenecked you are.

RT ULTRA looks good really i must say.
Post automatically merged:

So i run again game, go to moment when you go out from hotel at beggining and look at street. Get now 70-73fps.I think its fine now. I am on RT ULTRA, ALL maxed,DLSS QUALITY ,1440P

Last edited:
Too me the fps isent that important tbh, id rather have sharp textures and nice lighting. RT psyco is even better and with DLSS you can kinda get passeble fps even at 4k. Dunno if its my screen that makes 1440p look so blurry or that im just used too 4k but too me its grainy and blurrry as hell -.- uninstalled the game pretty quickly tho, gonna give it a chance again when next gen drops.

I'd like CDPR to show some internal testings of CP77 and how surprisingly well it runs on their machines. If its always the fault of our pc configurations, why won't they show us how it's done on computers that never showed them any technical issues whatsoever.
Cyberpunk 2077 runs good on my machine if the visual fidelity of the game is considered. Likewise, on so called toasters you can turn the settings down and as far as I know it should run on those machines as well then.

The consoles are another matter though, I'm strictly speaking about PCs.

Too me the fps isent that important tbh, id rather have sharp textures and nice lighting. RT psyco is even better and with DLSS you can kinda get passeble fps even at 4k. Dunno if its my screen that makes 1440p look so blurry or that im just used too 4k but too me its grainy and blurrry as hell -.- uninstalled the game pretty quickly tho, gonna give it a chance again when next gen drops.

1440p looks fine on a native 1440p monitor, it really is the scaling from lower resolution.

It is also not surprising that 4K with DLSS looks better -DLSS is a much better upscaling algorithm then what your monitor uses when scaling 1440p to 4K from the video signal, so use DLSS if available,

Even on an AMD system the recommendation would be to use AMD scaling algorithm instead of just passing a lower res signal to the monitor.

DC9V

Forum veteran
1440p looks fine on a native 1440p monitor, it really is the scaling from lower resolution.

It is also not surprising that 4K with DLSS looks better -DLSS is a much better upscaling algorithm then what your monitor uses when scaling 1440p to 4K from the video signal, so use DLSS if available,

Even on an AMD system the recommendation would be to use AMD scaling algorithm instead of just passing a lower res signal to the monitor.
My 4K monitor uses some sort of blurring technique when displaying 1440p. It helps reducing the aliasing a bit, but I really don't like it. Native 4K just looks so much better, even when setting DLSS to balanced mode.

OK, I swear to god.

1440p= 2560 x 1440
4k= 3840 x 2160

No matter what you do with this, you will always end up with "spare" pixels when you're trying to redistribute a small image over a large area. Some pixels will have to be displayed twice, some pixels will have to be displayed once. It will end up with blurry image in comparison to the native one.

DLSS renders LOWER RESOLUTION image and upscales it to the HIGHER RESOLUTION.

What DLSS ACTUALLY renders for 4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p

Balance: 2227x1253p

Performance: 1920x1080p

Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

What DLSS ACTUALLY renders for 1440p:

Quality: 1707x960p

Balance: 1485x835p

Performance: 1280x720p

Ultra Perf: 853x480p

So if you're playing your game on 4k display, but with resolution set to 1440p and DLSS set to Quality, you are actually playing a game rendered in 960p, upscaled to 4K! Gee, I wonder why my image is blurry. Guys, did you think that DLSS is magic incarnate? You wanna more frames? You pay in resolution and that's what you do. Nothing comes free of charge. Basically what you did is, you lowered your resolution twice.

DC9V

Forum veteran
So if you're playing your game on 4k display, but with resolution set to 1440p and DLSS set to Quality, you are actually playing a game rendered in 960p, upscaled to 4K! Gee, I wonder why my image is blurry. Guys, did you think that DLSS is magic incarnate? You wanna more frames? You pay in resolution and that's what you do. Nothing comes free of charge. Basically what you did is, you lowered your resolution twice.
What I was trying to explain is that there's a certain option in the Nvidia Control Panel: When I'm at 1440p and I select 'Perform scaling on: GPU', then the image becomes much more clear, when compared to 'Perform scaling on: Display'. So depending on how much you're sensitive to aliasing, I believe that 1440p without DLSS might be an option for some people, in case GPU scaling provides a better image quality than display scaling.

I understand what you mean to say, but they would truly be gaming at 960p, upscaled to 1440p, then stretched to 4k. 4k on performance renders the final image at great quality than native 1400p, of course you now have some motion 'ghosting' that wasn't present at native resolution. If you're running RT; greater final render image means less pervasive denoising.

What i was interested in was the preformance, thats why i did say im not sure if its because i play the game at 1440p on a 4k screen or not. dont have a native 1440p screen too compare too so kinda hard too know.

Edit* tested too run everything at 1440p and it was better. meaning running 1440p native. seems the scaling adds alot of blurr like greeks said. kinda weird tho since 4k balanced is scaled x4 and looks better vs 1440p quality 960 witch is 1,5. could be the screen with more pixles ofc. But starting too get why this game is so hard too run for alot of people and consoles. Interesting too se what thay do with the next gen on the next gen consoles cuz i dont se it running well ^^

Last edited:
So overall 60-70fps is normal on RT Ultra, 1440P ,DLSS QUALITY in most crowded areas? Stock 3090 and 10850K stock. I cant complain about performance in other games also 3dmark scores. Just asking

So overall 60-70fps is normal on RT Ultra, 1440P ,DLSS QUALITY in most crowded areas? Stock 3090 and 10850K stock. I cant complain about performance in other games also 3dmark scores. Just asking

Most crowded areas, yes. The handling of the population density will depend on the cpu btw.

Top Bottom