Romances: Disparity in quality and quantity

+
I don't hate Traynor. I like Traynor, I just acknowledged her romance was shit. She's a better replacement for creepy Chambers, but her romance was shit and I'm not gonna say otherwise. I played it twice. In OG ME3 and in LE edition and it was still the same for me. Very lackster compared to every other available romance.

And Judy being a furniture is sadly true, but it happens with every romance in CP after the sex scene. Well, maybe not Panam. She does have her own ending.
I absolutely give you that you don't like it and it's shit, no problem with that. But I literally finished a double-playthrough yesterday, doing Traynor and Liara side by side because in one I accidently lost the Liara romance and went several chapters back, while also simply continueing from my current save because, well, I already went that far, and trying Traynor. And was pleasantly surprised because Traynor got at least as many romantic content - of course not counting that Liara has a lot of moments that are pretty "deep", especially at the end, but these aren't romance-exclusive. I'm almost sure that I even got more romance with Traynor than with her.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, I know. I was just quoting some male players that never got the hint, even after Judy straight up rejected them.... straight up, heh :ohstopit: (I'll shut up.)

That's sadly the mentality for some men. "she only plays hard to get lol", "shes nice to me, we're gon get married lmao"
Have you seen my reply above? It's because male and female V's literally get the exact same content until either getting accepted or shot down. It's not mentality, it's how you interpret the fact that the scenes are the same. Some players go into these games without having read up beforehand who's into who.

it's really just that her romance didn't feel any shorter or limited than any other option, that's just objectively not true.

Judy is faaar better written than any of these ME charcters, however, Judy turns into furniture one her quests are over and that's a major letdown after she's been so believable, also as we've seen CDPR basically used the same somewhat flirty dialogue lines for both genders no matter if they're actually into V or not, Bioware at least took Shepherd's gender into account much befiore you make your move.
Compared to any love interest, and especially Liara, she's limited and very much so. Especially when you consider she was the first mass effect lesbian romance and they didn't even bother give any gay romances in 1 and 2... And I say that as someone who romanced both Sam and Liara.

And there are no flirty lines from Judy to male V. Literally played as him lately and there's no flirting implications at all. Same goes for Panam, Kerry, River. I tried all romances except River's and I can safely say the lines are different the moment you start flirting with them and they'll flirt back at you depending on their preferences. And River doesn't hit on Vincent, no matter what some people think... with Valerie, it's painfully forced onto you and you can't even say you have someone already - an annoyance in this game I wish they put more work into.

Yes, Judy becomes a furniture (this damned window has to have something more interesting than Valerie herself) but that applies to every LI... it's on CDPR to continue with more expansions to flesh out the love interests more.

I absolutely give you that you don't like it and it's shit, no problem with that. But I literally finished a double-playthrough yesterday, doing Traynor and Liara side by side because in one I accidently lost the Liara romance and went several chapters back, while also simply continueing from my current save because, well, I already went that far, and trying Traynor. And was pleasantly surprised because Traynor got at least as many romantic content - of course not counting that Liara has a lot of moments that are pretty "deep", especially at the end, but these aren't romance-exclusive. I'm almost sure that I even got more romance with Traynor than with her.
If you like romances that feel like high schooler has a crush on their teacher then yeah, Traynor romance is perfect for you. Even though I'm not a fan of Liara's romance, she's definitely got a better one than Traynor. Less cringe, more mature. And Liara definitely has more content than Traynor.

Have you seen my reply above? It's because male and female V's literally get the exact same content until either getting accepted or shot down. It's not mentality, it's how you interpret the fact that the scenes are the same. Some players go into these games without having read up beforehand who's into who.
Dude. She literally rejects any flirting Vincent tries on her. She keeps saying she was with Maiko, she mentioned childhood crush who was, A BIG SURPRISE, a girl. Again, in Pyramid Song there was a memory when a DUDE asked her out and she just ignored him. How many hints do you people want? Just accept the fact than some women aren't into men at all.

Dude. She literally rejects any flirting Vincent tries on her. She keeps saying she was with Maiko, she mentioned childhood crush who was, A BIG SURPRISE, a girl. Again, in Pyramid Song there was a memory when a DUDE asked her out and she just ignored him. How many hints do you people want? Just accept the fact than some women aren't into men at all.
Can't believe some miss the hints throughout the game, goddamn. How can you miss them lol. :giveup:

If you like romances that feel like high schooler has a crush on their teacher then yeah, Traynor romance is perfect for you. Even though I'm not a fan of Liara's romance, she's definitely got a better one than Traynor. Less cringe, more mature. And Liara definitely has more content than Traynor.
I think it's pointless arguing about it, you imply that I'm a fan of Traynor (as well as a lot of "male player tropes") while all I was saying was that the romantic content in ME wasn't substantially shorter than the squad romances. That doesn't mean I'm a Traynor fanboy, nor whatever else you might find wrong with my ingame choices.

I think it's pointless arguing about it, you imply that I'm a fan of Traynor (as well as a lot of "male player tropes") while all I was saying was that the romantic content in ME wasn't substantially shorter than the squad romances. That doesn't mean I'm a Traynor fanboy, nor whatever else you might find wrong with my ingame choices.
Where did I say or imply you're Traynor's fanboy? I only wrote than if you like certain romance theme, then she's perfect for you. Take a chill pill, dude, and don't try to read between the lines something there is not there.

Can't believe some miss the hints throughout the game, goddamn. How can you miss them lol. :giveup:
I wouldn't know because I 1st. didn't play male V and 2nd. was talking about Panam's copy and paste behaviour.

Where did I say or imply you're Traynor's fanboy? I only wrote than if you like certain romance theme, then she's perfect for you. Take a chill pill, dude, and don't try to read between the lines something there is not there.
The impression comes from you going on about how shitty you found her romance, was never my point in the first place - see my first post. But I think I'm gonna take that pill now anyway and look for threads about blood and gore.

I wouldn't know because I 1st. didn't play male V and 2nd. was talking about Panam's copy and paste behaviour.
I hope you are aware what devs already stated about so called "double romance lines"? They've done it just because of the convenience. In production devs used female V as a base character then made separate entries for maleV where it was really needed (simplest example ROMANCES). BUT they also stated multiple times as of now that Panam and River were always meant to be straight, Judy lesbian and Kerry gay.

That we have voice lines recorded doesn't mean much - voice actors were provided with this during recordings without any descriptions what they suppose to be. And also they said it couple of times.

How many more proves you need that Panam or Judy are not bi?

Dude. She literally rejects any flirting Vincent tries on her. She keeps saying she was with Maiko, she mentioned childhood crush who was, A BIG SURPRISE, a girl. Again, in Pyramid Song there was a memory when a DUDE asked her out and she just ignored him.
Or also during Pyramid Song, when Vincent turn around Judy (to calibrate the sensors) or also make a comment about how she look in diving suit... The message is quite clear :whistle:
(Not interested by dudes, V... don't be a gonk, please...)

I've only played full playthroughs as male Vs; didn't feel any flirting coming from Judy, didn't try to flirt myself but saw videos on it and yes, no doubt she pushes back; the only unintended pushback I got was when circling around her in pyramid song I guess I looked at her ass some XD
With River I did feel somethings didn't make sense like the awkwardness at the dinner table and the mood on the water deposit, and seeing as River has so little content its glaring for me alternative scenes should be done on different genders. Maybe he spits out more agressive flirting lines to female Vs but what happens in these situations are inuendos by themselves. Can't speak to female V with Panam and Kerry

Oh and also, Vincent and Valerie don't have the same answers for the same dialogues lines at all :)
"You didn't ask if I knew to swim"
"Looking fine in that wetsuit"

Vincent :
Valerie :
It's just two example in a row, but there is others just as obvious:cool:

Since when did this degenerate into a conversation about who's cooler in the Andromeda? :ROFLMAO:
I think is pretty obvious that Judy is not interested in men, well at first she's not interested in you at all (even if you are female).
I told her if she wanted us to meet again in the basement and her answer is on the lines of -psss it depends.
At least she has the detail to recommend you to the Peralez. I suspect you're the only Merc she knows :ROFLMAO:
Talk about first impressions.

I think the problem is that the game reuses many lines for both genres. But we already know that.
I don't like that she stays leaning on the window forever either, was it so difficult to program some routines for her around the house? Even Nibbles has them.

Last edited:
I hope you are aware what devs already stated about so called "double romance lines"? They've done it just because of the convenience. In production devs used female V as a base character then made separate entries for maleV where it was really needed (simplest example ROMANCES). BUT they also stated multiple times as of now that Panam and River were always meant to be straight, Judy lesbian and Kerry gay.

That we have voice lines recorded doesn't mean much - voice actors were provided with this during recordings without any descriptions what they suppose to be. And also they said it couple of times.

How many more proves you need that Panam or Judy are not bi?
WTF, I never said they were bi? What do you all read into my posts, or could you point me to what I said that came over so wrong?
What I said is just what you said, that they duplicated the lines, and that led to some players assuming they were romanceable for their gender too, and IF CDPR WANTED to make them bi (DA2-style) it would've been easy because their dialogue lines are literally the same. In contrary to Bioware romances that were maybe less misleading.

Also, as I said, this was about Panam, I have no idea what Judy says to male Vs, never played one, and also I never personally complained but can see how female Vs who had no prior knowledge could assume that Panam is into them, since she literally uses the same lines in an intimate scenario as in a male V romance. That's all.
And maybe I made the wrong assumption that male players might've had a similar experience with Judy, which apparently sparked a lot of the posts above.

However, I have zero personal gripes with any of the characters, their sexuality or personality, I was simply trying to point out 1. the Panam mislead problem which is due to the copy/paste scenes, and 2. the Traynor romance time thing, which was simply about the amount of romance scenes/dialogue with her and nothing else.

I don't WANT Panam to be bi, I don't want Judy to be bi, I don't think Traynor is a better romance than others in Mass Effect or even a good character, which is apparently what I have to feel bad for, as well as being a typical entitled male player who doesn't get a clue from women not interested in him, and I seriously wonder how we got here.

Last edited:
....I kinda wish all the romances were bi or herosexual....but I understand that a lot of people are against that. I never did get why. Especially in DA2 I didn't even notice at first (then I read some posts). And the paragon/renegade (forgot the names) outcomes to the romances were interesting. Wish they developed that idea.
Anyway back to CP77. 'Bi' romances would give us more choices, which (sadly) is needed.

but I understand that a lot of people are against that. I never did get why.
It's just my personal opinion, it simply adds personality to characters. It's like in ME, I like Liara a lot (my LI in my very first playthrough at release), but honestly after try some others (Kaidan, Ash, Garus or Tali), Liara seem to be "quite boring" (she fall in love quickly whatever if Shepard is male or female). I think it's way more interesting/credible when characters have sexual orientation (at least they have preferences/tastes).

But I am totally opposed to changing the characters after the release to "just offer more choices", it's too weird...
(Add new "bi" characters, good. Modifying existing characters to "bi", not good at all)

....I kinda wish all the romances were bi or herosexual....but I understand that a lot of people are against that. I never did get why. Especially in DA2 I didn't even notice at first (then I read some posts). And the paragon/renegade (forgot the names) outcomes to the romances were interesting. Wish they developed that idea.
Anyway back to CP77. 'Bi' romances would give us more choices, which (sadly) is needed.
Playersexuality is disliked due to the fact that it makes the game feel like Westworld, where all the characters are programmed to be romanced by you regardless of who you are. That may work in a game like Skyrim but not in a plot/character driven game such as this.

The lack of variety in options would be solved by simply adding 2 bi ones, indeed

But I am totally opposed to changing the characters after the release to "just offer more choices", it's too weird...
(Add new "bi" characters, good. Modifying existing characters to "bi", not good at all)
Sounds like the kinda thing Bioware would do :facepalm:

Sounds like the kinda thing Bioware would do :facepalm:
If you're reffering to Jaal, why not? Angara and humans are already from a completely different galaxy, have a different physique and culture, why on earth should Jaal care about Ryder being male or female? He should probably been bi or pan or whatever from the start, but I really don't see the problem in patching that in later.

If you're reffering to Jaal, why not? Angara and humans are already from a completely different galaxy, have a different physique and culture, why on earth should Jaal care about Ryder being male or female? He should probably been bi or pan or whatever from the start, but I really don't see the problem in patching that in later.

I think most people think of Dragon Age 2 when speaking about player-sexual characters, where everyone was available to both genders. Something even Bioware seems to agree wasn't a great idea.

Top Bottom