What is the future fix road map, because!

+
Were kinda there already ^^ thats why i look forward too how RT will run on next gen consoles and what they need too add for it too run decently.
I stand by my assessment from last year that they had something special, and working...maybe, happening and then "Oh shit, it doesn't run." There are so many 'left-overs' mechanically and fidelity wise that ground press statements in reality when you come to the conclusion that what we're largely experiencing is the result of something that got hacked to bits rather than simply being unfinished... quite likely both, but mostly the former imo.

There was noise and bragging about the game's GI system. Other open world games have a fairly good looking system of their own, but this wasn't good enough for 2077 so they likely went for something incredible. If it didn't have all this junk then it very well may have looked like that. If you imagine it without all this crap - yeah, it could be the best real time GI system out there. IF they looked at this and said 'yeah, that looks right." - we have a real problem... Like the blinding exposure setting when driving in first person. "Well, we missed that because we had our hands full trying to get the game out and now we're having trouble fixing it" sucks, but it's not something to get too concerned about...I guess. If whoever had charge of that said "yeah, that's what we want" then you have reason to be very concerned.

When people say the issue are poor optimization - ehhh, sort of. These guys didn't even get the chance to get around to optimizing the game. Poor optimization isn't "my game runs slow when 50 cars and 200 highly detailed NPCs are on screen", poor optimization is running around the world at a good framerate and suddenly a random shrub tanking your fps because there's a bunch of (usually invisible) garbage creating a bottleneck.

Attachments

• flub_01.jpg
    flub_01.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 125
  • flub_02.jpg
    flub_02.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 108
  • flub_03.jpg
    flub_03.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 121
  • flub_04.jpg
    flub_04.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Were kinda there already ^^ thats why i look forward too how RT will run on next gen consoles and what they need too add for it too run decently.
Already some games with RTX (4K/60FPS)
Edit : But yeah, you can't hope better graphics from a console who cost less than a "single" GPU :)

Last edited:
Yea ive known about some game beeing updated with next gen editions but the tech behind it is kinda blurry. Metro exodus has like what 3 diffrent editions now? one that req RTX on pc atleast, normal editioon and then the next gen edition? What im curious about is if they use AMDs tech too run at lower res with upscaling or if they use the older checkerboard upscale and so on. Also what settings are they running. Think i could run the enchanted edition fairly easily since it has DLSS 2.3 and so on but not quite sure how consoles tech has evolved.

*edit: Ah nvm found some info. Seems to be no DLSS and reflections for consoles on metro exodus.

Yea ive known about some game beeing updated with next gen editions but the tech behind it is kinda blurry. Metro exodus has like what 3 diffrent editions now? one that req RTX on pc atleast, normal editioon and then the next gen edition? What im curious about is if they use AMDs tech too run at lower res with upscaling or if they use the older checkerboard upscale and so on. Also what settings are they running. Think i could run the enchanted edition fairly easily since it has DLSS 2.3 and so on but not quite sure how consoles tech has evolved.

*edit: Ah nvm found some info. Seems to be no DLSS and reflections for consoles on metro exodus.

Do you want consoles to implode?

Do you want consoles to implode?
Hehe no just wanna know what tech they use. DF seems too have some next gen tests and it seems theres some games with checkerboard and some that use downscale. Havent they been saying 4k60fps for like 2 gens now? Cp2077 with RT will be hard too run without some scaling. Was hoping for some AMD FSR or something so people with AMD cards could take some advantage without having too go linux..

Just love tech so wanna know some stuffs :D

Edit : But yeah, you can't hope better graphics from a console who cost less than a "single" GPU :)
The RT system in this game is already comparable on some level. Of course everything is not built around ray tracing, but RT on medium can effectively light the world on it's own. Disabling GI and Distant Shadows in the ini without RT will show you a clown world of high contrast blacks/whites with barely any actual surface reflection/refraction. Turn on RT and suddenly forms manifests themselves... but now you have problems I've listed in numerous threads over the past year - NPCs have black eyes, rainmaps only appear next to bright lights, the sky looks like you live in the sun or an abyss depending on the time of day, etc. Turning off eitehr one of these systems alone creates problems, but both have poor interactions with the world at the moment and are even seemingly hostile to RT at some points. I could go over this again later.

Some lights and surfaces don't react because they aren't setup to. This is why even with RT on some lights will still cut through cast shadows from other lights and override RT reflections (WHOOPS!). RT isn't quite the "just works" the public at large perceives it to be. Everything has to be implemented into the engine and materials setup for bouncing rays. What "just works" really means is that, eventually, technical artists and engineers won't need to deal with SSR, your various types of static/animated HDRI probes, GI, IL, AO, IOR, etc. Just set up the game's material to bounce the ray(s) back to the camera.

Last edited:
Yeah I should have been more clear in my post, I was trying to say that the game already rewards high-end PCs while allowing the rest of us mere mortals to enjoy it :) And it would be crazy and plain mean to bin the majority of users just so the richer guys can have their fun.
There's is more to that.

I don't know statistics for the US but in Europe the biggest retailer had only few thousand next generation cards available and about half of those went to miners. For what I have looked situation hasn't improved. Situation on used graphics cards market is unclear as cards used by miners are said to be high risk purchase. I don't think there's a way to statistically prove that though, that's just what the word is.

Considering how expensive production CP 2077 was, they wouldn't had no hope for returning that investment if they were aimed for high end users only. What comes to consoles, that 300.000+ copies sold on consoles during first weeks was what brought them on Black. While Xbox and PS platforms have I think at least seven hardware configurations, availability of next gen consoles is still far from good. It's worth a note that CP 2077 sold like hot cakes on PS store after being available for purchase again.

While supporting many platforms may be costly and it will impact to their margins, for now at least they make money as they can sell to customers on platforms people actually have, not to market people wish there were.

In production graphics are just one thing. Amount of voice work, motion capture, animation etc. is a cost too and selling product to ~1 percent wouldn't cover that.

I stand by my assessment from last year that they had something special, and working...maybe, happening and then "Oh shit, it doesn't run." There are so many 'left-overs' mechanically and fidelity wise that ground press statements in reality when you come to the conclusion that what we're largely experiencing is the result of something that got hacked to bits rather than simply being unfinished... quite likely both, but mostly the former imo.

There was noise and bragging about the game's GI system. Other open world games have a fairly good looking system of their own, but this wasn't good enough for 2077 so they likely went for something incredible. If it didn't have all this junk then it very well may have looked like that. If you imagine it without all this crap - yeah, it could be the best real time GI system out there. IF they looked at this and said 'yeah, that looks right." - we have a real problem... Like the blinding exposure setting when driving in first person. "Well, we missed that because we had our hands full trying to get the game out and now we're having trouble fixing it" sucks, but it's not something to get too concerned about...I guess. If whoever had charge of that said "yeah, that's what we want" then you have reason to be very concerned.

When people say the issue are poor optimization - ehhh, sort of. These guys didn't even get the chance to get around to optimizing the game. Poor optimization isn't "my game runs slow when 50 cars and 200 highly detailed NPCs are on screen", poor optimization is running around the world at a good framerate and suddenly a random shrub tanking your fps because there's a bunch of (usually invisible) garbage creating a bottleneck.
Damn, these pictures you've uploaded... Either something went wrong on their side, or there's something very wrong with my machine, because I've seen tones of these ugly shadow / lighting glitches going across surfaces, on every playthrough. Sometimes to the point that I just felt tired of playing (despite the fact that I like the game very much in other aspects). It's the only game I ever experienced this ugliness. No idea where that comes from... I don't have RTX btw.

Edit: Ok, it seems that you kind of explained it in the next post, although I still don't understand. Rather dumb with technicalities myself... Still it's a bit baffling to me, because it seems that only a handful of people experience those glitches. So, is it a hardware or software problem?

Last edited:
ah, I see, thanks :)

But yes, I also would like very much if developers would communicate with players, tell some news and teases on their social media, like Twitter and youtube

Damn, these pictures you've uploaded... Either something went wrong on their side, or there's something very wrong with my machine, because I've seen tones of these ugly shadow / lighting glitches going across surfaces, on every playthrough. Sometimes to the point that I just felt tired of playing (despite the fact that I like the game very much in other aspects). It's the only game I ever experienced this ugliness. No idea where that comes from... I don't have RTX btw.

Edit: Ok, it seems that you kind of explained it in the next post, although I still don't understand. Rather dumb with technicalities myself... Still it's a bit baffling to me, because it seems that only a handful of people experience those glitches. So, is it a hardware or software problem?
They're not glitches...per se. As for no one really notices; Some people either aren't that concerned or won't admit the game has problems. Granted, the game has more pressing issues than a broken global illumination system. IF they can get it to work properly then I think it will be incredible. When you take it apart and look at how they were trying to advance GI beyond a simple faux bounce - it's an impressive effort... but it didn't work out entirely. I would say, judging from the "occluder" boxes being placed in really odd positions, something went terribly wrong at some point. The entire GI system appears broken at the moment.

I would like to know, how people found out that 1.4 was skipped?!

Originally, we interpreted that 1.4 was skipped because of CDPR's confirmation of no more patches in 2021, their update to the roadmap and their statements about 1.5/next-gen update.

Then CDPR confirmed this during the last investors call. In their words - it's a big update and they wanted to indicate this by assigning a round number to it.

You can get a transcript of it here if you're interested.

Originally, we interpreted that 1.4 was skipped because of CDPR's confirmation of no more patches in 2021, their update to the roadmap and their statements about 1.5/next-gen update.

Then CDPR confirmed this during the last investors call. In their words - it's a big update and they wanted to indicate this by assigning a round number to it.

You can get a transcript of it here if you're interested.
Dubbing it 1.5 really isn't a good move on their part. The time from 1.2-1.3 was only a five month window and what came of it were bug fixes(The game is still rather buggy) a car and some jackets. It's been five roughly months(sound familiar?) since the last major update and people are expecting some sort of realization of 'cut content'.

Ok, thank you. So GI stands for global illumination system you were talking about, if I understand correctly.
This is why even with RT on some lights will still cut through cast shadows from other lights and override RT reflections
I'm guessing this is the issue I had in mind (without RT in my case though)? If that's the game's problem, I'm quite surprised then that not many people noticed or care about it. Quite annoying issue that makes this game sometimes plain ugly...

Dubbing it 1.5 really isn't a good move on their part. The time from 1.2-1.3 was only a five month window and what came of it were bug fixes(The game is still rather buggy) a car and some jackets. It's been five roughly months(sound familiar?) since the last major update and people are expecting some sort of realization of 'cut content'.

I frankly don't care about the number they give to it. They could name it 2.0 or 4.5 for all I care. As such, I wouldn't call it a mistake.

I'm also 99.9% certain the version numbers hold little importance for the vast majority of players out there. The content of said patch is far more important.

We'll see what's in it soon enough.

Ok, thank you. So GI stands for global illumination system you were talking about, if I understand correctly.

I'm guessing this is the issue I had in mind (without RT in my case though)? If that's the game's problem, I'm quite surprised then that not many people noticed or care about it. Quite annoying issue that makes this game sometimes plain ugly...
I genuinely haven't seen anything like that level of visual glitches. I think I'd notice and care about it, but really nothing like that has caught my eye. I've played with and without RTX and the 'only' thing that is super-obvious is a temporary blinding flash when returning to a scene from eg the map or backpack menu, which I've put down to something screwy with DLSS.

Top Bottom