gpu core clock getting stuck at max after quitting cyberpunk 2077

+
hello
as the title says when i exit cyberpunk 2077 gpu core clock doesn't return to idle state and it stays at max speed. i noticed this a few days ago at first i thought maybe its from gpu driver or thing like that but today i gave it a small test and this doesn't seem to be happening on other games.
im using an xfx rx 580 8 gb btw.
if anyone else had this issue i would be grateful for any tip or advice.
i would appreciate a reply from cdpr tech team.
thanks in advance

Strange, never had that issue on PC, but I have a different PC setup.

You could try verify/repair:

Also make sure that your system is up to date and no windows updates are in progress.

If you are suspecting it's related to gpu drivers, you could try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, as described on the official CDPR support website:
(if you want to contact support directly, you can do so by clicking on "Contact Us" on this website).

Seems like a GPU issue to me download MSI Afterburner (its free) and watch a tutorial to use it. You can set custom fan speeds and control the gpu core clock, it has automatic modes with your current card profile for beginners.
I always have it in the background for better temps, it works even if you don't use MSI products. It will also help you to monitor the problem. You should also check that Cyberpunk doesn't stay working in the task manager for some reason.

Last edited:
If you are suspecting it's related to gpu drivers, you could try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers,
i've installed several version of amd driver with no luck, but on the latest versions of the amd driver some part of the game look too dark with rx 4xx and 5xx graphic cards so driver doesn't seem stable either. can't realy say if its from game or driver.
(if you want to contact support directly, you can do so by clicking on "Contact Us" on this website).
you mean the "contact administration"? i did sent a message through that form.
after i faced this issue[gpu core clock getting stuck at max i mean] i made some search on google and there was some other users who had this issue from atleast 3 month ago with polaris cards , through my own test i found out this only happens with this game it seems.
so maybe there is some old incompatibility between this game and polaris cards on the amd driver or maybe somehow related to game itself...
i did sent a message to amd too but have my doubts for a reply.

Last edited:
i've installed several version of amd driver with no luck, but on the latest versions of the amd driver some part of the game look too dark with rx 4xx and 5xx graphic cards so driver doesn't seem stable either. can't realy say if its from game or driver.
Yep the "dark" issues come from the last AMD Drivers :(
(characters in the CC could appear completely black or almost in some case).

I have had this problem with my sapphire rx 580 pulse. You have to uninstall the full amd software driver package then do the minimal install with the amd driver package. There is something wrong with the full amd driver package and the rx 580 cards that amd still hasn’t fixed yet.

I have had this problem with my sapphire rx 580 pulse. You have to uninstall the full amd software driver package then do the minimal install with the amd driver package. There is something wrong with the full amd driver package and the rx 580 cards that amd still hasn’t fixed yet.
thanks for the reply, the workaround you mentioned seem to have solved the problem for now atleast
did you also had this problem "only" in this game?

thanks for the reply, the workaround you mentioned seem to have solved the problem for now atleast
did you also had this problem "only" in this game?
It was occurring in Outriders a few months back when I played it last. I am sure it’s an amd problem, it started back around oct 2021 with amd’s new driver package. I don’t remember what the number was but that is the time frame it started happening for me. It only occurs in some games it seems. I am not a programmer so I don’t know why.

It was occurring in Outriders a few months back when I played it last. I am sure it’s an amd problem, it started back around oct 2021 with amd’s new driver package. I don’t remember what the number was but that is the time frame it started happening for me. It only occurs in some games it seems. I am not a programmer so I don’t know why.
apparently minimal install only miss 2 part of the amd radeon software , the tuning section (performance)and another one which was about game profiles and setting ... so whatever the problem is . its on those parts.
a user on reddit was saying that the problem with core clock getting stuck was much more older that 2-3 month(can't confirm this myself) i was using an nvidia card till a few days ago.

Top Bottom