Missing Reflections with DLSS Disabled

+
So i recieved finally a new graphic card (3080). And installed Cyberpunk...

i was playing around with the Settings... SO the games have everything on Ultra (even raytracing)...

i was trying to see the difference betwwen DLSS quality and DLSS off:

I noticed the following:

With DLSS: OFF the image is sharper BUT some reflections are missing ( )

With DLSS ON: the image is a bit blurry but the refelctions are Awesome ( )

Regarding the blurriness i added some sharpness with the nvidia overlay... but i dont understand why without DLSS some reflectiosn are just missing

My drivers are up to date.

Attachments

• off.jpg
    off.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 77
  • on.png
    on.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 84
Do you have any adapive gfx settings on? For example maintain 60 fps or something like that? Looks like with DLSS on you get higher level of reflection and light bounce.. Also what resolution are you playing at? 1080p?

*Edit noticed 1440p so with DLSS quality your rendering it with 960p witch explains the slightly more blurry img. Sharpening can help a bit with that. For the lack of reflections only adaptive gfx settings could explain it for me... If its not that it might be some driver issue have you tryed DDU and reinstalling the driver?

Last edited:
So i recieved finally a new graphic card (3080). And installed Cyberpunk...

i was playing around with the Settings... SO the games have everything on Ultra (even raytracing)...

i was trying to see the difference betwwen DLSS quality and DLSS off:

I noticed the following:

With DLSS: OFF the image is sharper BUT some reflections are missing ( )

With DLSS ON: the image is a bit blurry but the refelctions are Awesome ( )

Regarding the blurriness i added some sharpness with the nvidia overlay... but i dont understand why without DLSS some reflectiosn are just missing

My drivers are up to date.
It's another bug introduced in the latest patch. Most people haven't noticed this issue because they can't even run the game without DLSS. As for the bluriness - First blow is from the downscaling then upscaling of the overall image, how this process impacts pathtraced effects - the quality of which is highly controlled by resolution. Low resolution leads to more noise which leads to more denoising. Look closely in high contrast areas and you'll notice a bunch of blurry dots swimming around or take a look at a shrub as watch it flicker in the breeze. That's the denoising solution trying to place the light/shadows but lacking sufficient resolution. Resolution multiplied by DLSS setting - will result in the final render image quality.

Upping the light trace settings reduces this effect but it of course reduces FPS. Even if you're not using Ray tracing, the base reflections are a form of internal path tracing(linked to your screen resolution - hence the graininess at lower settings. So they are impacted by DLSS... not nearly as much as Ray Tracing. If you're curious just to see what the internal solution can really do - SSR on psycho, at 4K, is strikingly similar in accuracy to RT reflections, considerably sharper, but also the cost is roughly the same.

If the bluriness bothers you but you want RT fx with decent framerates; I suggest getting reshade. You'll want the DELCsharp and finesharp shaders. Nothing else! This will result in approximately 5% FPS cost, but it will give you a much sharper image and you can scale DLSS as you need if the denoising in the shadows doesn't bother you. It's quite rare honestly. DELC sharp works well on surfacing, while finesharp works on edges. I run the game at 1440P with all RT options on, and optimized settings, to maintain good framerates. The game with these shaders looks just as crisp as 4K, though there are some minor artifacts that will persist.

If the bluriness bothers you but you want RT fx with decent framerates; I suggest getting reshade. You'll want the DELCsharp and finesharp shaders. Nothing else! This will result in approximately 5% FPS cost, but it will give you a much sharper image and you can scale DLSS as you need if the denoising in the shadows doesn't bother you. It's quite rare honestly. DELC sharp works well on surfacing, while finesharp works on edges. I run the game at 1440P with all RT options on, and optimized settings, to maintain good framerates. The game with these shaders looks just as crisp as 4K, though there are some minor artifacts that will persist.
Could you suggest some good settings for 1440p? I couldn't find the finesharp shader by the way, only delc. Is there any way to download it?

edit: nvm I had to install further packages.

Last edited:
Could you suggest some good settings for 1440p? I couldn't find the finesharp shader by the way, only delc. Is there any way to download it?
Digital foundry has an optimized settings list. Though I disagree with their Volumetric fog setting. It looks like shit at any setting below ultra/high on 4k because it is bound to screen resolution (brilliant) so I would set it to ultra on 1440p. message me your email and I'll put it on Google Drive later today.

Digital foundry has an optimized settings list. Though I disagree with their Volumetric fog setting. It looks like shit at any setting below ultra/high on 4k because it is bound to screen resolution (brilliant) so I would set it to ultra on 1440p. message me your email and I'll put it on Google Drive later today.
Sorry my question could have sounded ambiguous. I meant some good settings/values related to the sharpening filters you mentioned. :)
I was making a couple of tests with both activated (using mode 3 from finesharp) and in combination they really make a huge difference.

Sorry my question could have sounded ambiguous. I meant some good settings/values related to the sharpening filters you mentioned. :)
I was making a couple of tests with both activated (using mode 3 from finesharp) and in combination they really make a huge difference.
Just fiddle with it; you'll get it where you're happy.

Top Bottom