Next patch rampant speculations

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you got a PC that is better than mine but similar (i got a 10700k, 32 gb 4ghz, 3080 10gb, nvme ssd) so I would totally not consider that as the culprit. At the same time it is really weird though. I wonder why such things happen on certain PCs but not on others. Only thing I can say is that also TW3 was suffering from these issues soon after its release. Must be a Red Engine distinctive trait. :D

Quick load/quick saving causes a LOT of issues in this game for the form it handles the world streaming. Also many of the bugs are simply random atm.

Quick load/quick saving causes a LOT of issues in this game for the form it handles the world streaming. Also many of the bugs are simply random atm.
Feel the same way. Is it because the same save slots are being saved over and over again? I delete all my quick and auto saves regularly so information doesn't "crossover"
Post automatically merged:

It appears an alternative cover of the ps5 version has been found on the backend (whatever that means)`on the ps store.
What is playstation Game size, anyone knows? Or why they think it will come out mid February, early March?

It's quite common in RPG and open worlds I guess, given all the variables at play.... Personally I never use it, not only for such reasons, but also for gameplay purposes.

Feel the same way. Is it because the same save slots are being saved over and over again? I delete all my quick and auto saves regularly so information doesn't "crossover"
Post automatically merged:

What is playstation Game size, anyone knows? Or why they think it will come out mid February, early March?
In short, they track file sizes for games that are technically not supposed to be on the ps store for regular users. This was how it was explained on Twitter to me:

"It’s been datamined effectively, someone screwed with their PS5 or web browser of the store so hard, that they can see games and files that the normal user can’t see yet."

I've personally been following them for a while and I think this is the first time they found artwork. So, I dunno maybe take this with a grain of salt? Who knows. They've been accurate with their gb information, so I see no reason to dispute them.

Last edited:
In short, they track file sizes for games that are technically not supposed to be on the ps store for regular users. This was how it was explained on Twitter to me:

"It’s been datamined effectively, someone screwed with their PS5 or web browser of the store so hard, that they can see games and files that the normal user can’t see yet."

I've personally been following them for a while and I think this is the first time they found artwork. So, I dunno maybe take this with a grain of salt? Who knows. They've been accurate with their gb information, so I see no reason to dispute them.
Thank you. Just to know some more about them

A leak about something bad? "Allegations, speculations, it's not officially confirmed, journalists are a bunch of greedy liars, all they want are clicks and adds revenue!"

A leak that is somewhat positive? "This is it guys- the most important update yet! Might as well be a confirmed information!"

All of a sudden gaming journalists finding leaks is a viable source of information. :D

At the very least no matter if the rest of the info is truth or not i really dig the new cover. Female V is getting some real love at last!.

A leak about something bad? "Allegations, speculations, it's not officially confirmed, journalists are a bunch of greedy liars, all they want are clicks and adds revenue!"

A leak that is somewhat positive? "This is it guys- the most important update yet! Might as well be a confirmed information!"

All of a sudden gaming journalists finding leaks is a viable source of information. :D
I expect one of those ai generated like clickbait articles from forbes today hehehe!

No, they are separate teams. The team working on the Next-Gen stuff is not the same people that are focused on bug-fixing and gameplay stuff. There are things here and there that one team might do that affects the other, but work being done on graphics has nothing directly to do with quests, mission design, bugs and glitches, new features, DLC content, etc.

Think of it this way: if I'm building a house, the painters and landscapers have nothing to do with the electricians and the plumbers. None of them have anything to do with the carpenters and designers. And they are totally different than the realtors and inspectors. Yes, all of it is required to get a functional house that looks nice, and yes, each group needs to work with and around each other. But their jobs have nothing to do with one another.
I am well aware of that but I phrased myself a bit ambiguous earlier. I was referring to engine optimizations and improvements that might be needed for the next-gen Upgrade. For example, if they game cannot handle anything above 4k textures but a UHD texture pack has 8k textures the engine must be updated to handle those textures. I assume there won't be a 4k version of the engine and an 8k version, but rather one 8k version where according to the specification the 4k or 8k textures will be used respectively.

Thus, the UHD texture pack can be downloaded and activated by gamers, but it is also only the tip of the iceberg. I think the same relation is between 1.5 and the next-gen upgrade.

I think this game is gonna be forgotten soon if they don't have something to show.
I doubt that, there are currently a comparable number to Witcher 3 gamers, but there will also be expansions coming. Thus, 2022 might be a good year for Cyberpunk and its player base. If the Netflix series also succeeds than even more players will be drawn to it.

Well, did you see the view count on that 1.5 video? I think people are still interested in the game. I don't know Steam very well, but it's db is free to access so I use that. The game gets around 10k players constantly nowadays. I don't know if that's good or bad for a single player game, but take that for what you will.
I have made a comparison with Witcher 3 in the OP of this thread you might be interested in. Basically, I'm comparing Cyberpunk 2077's number of player over time with Witcher 3.

My pants still explode and I TPose when I drive a car in third person. The market outside Tom's Diner is completely borked with near every NPC tposing through their clothes, eyes leviating out of their skulls, headless people walking around. It's macabre.
Since you mention that you do enjoy the game and would like those issues to be fixed I hope you reported all the issues you have found.

I think quicksave works well enough and should just be a benign save at the click of a button. Also when it comes to saves in general, please don't think in terms of overwriting save slots because the game generates files and those files are handled by the filesystem. Also, while a quicksave might use the same file the are probably not parsing the files contents and doing some kind of journaling or some kind of differential analysis, but rather write all content just to this file.

When it comes to loading saves, I have noticed the game using a few cheats to get done quicker. You can test this yourself by listening to the radio when loading a save. In my experience, the song just continues with is a sign that the game keeps and reuses assets to allow faster loading of savegames.

I doubt that, there are currently a comparable number to Witcher 3 gamers, but there will also be expansions coming. Thus, 2022 might be a good year for Cyberpunk and its player base. If the Netflix series also succeeds than even more players will be drawn to it.

I certainly hope so. The persistent bugs are really just a gripe.

It's ironic, really; on my day one pach playthrough with this game I didn't suffer that many...'immersion breaking' bugs, granted the police did that plenty on their own. Every wad of cash was a single eddy though. I honestly though it was a cruel joke, later I learned it was a bug. I didn't start suffering persistent, noticeable, problems until the patches began rolling out. The twisting trees, NPCs walking in the air constantly, roads vanishing before my eyes, cars spawning inside my car while I'm driving...

The real issues I have with the game are systemic and very unlikely to change. I suppose I'll accept that any day now. Hopefully they are just temporarily there as a part of the plan to collect feedback from players to formulate how they will get us to "want to spend money", their words not mine, in the coming online component/spinoff/expansion/completely separate title. That beind said; A recent bug actually did ruin the end of Pisces, one of my favorite Side Quests... Judy's submeshes all came apart and stretched as her eyes and teeth levitated in front of herself and her naked body Tposed whilst her clothes maintained the animation, walking away on Jig Jig street. I've never seen anything like this game, good and bad.

Admittedly - Fallout 4 was so terribly 'serviced' that it literally had to be patched by the community... and I still loved that game. Many of the criticisms were warranted and true, they're still true, just as they are with this game. That open world tasks/toys and it's main story conflict, as does this one. I only want 2077 to be the best version of itself. It's been a year though. This is starting to feel like Fallout 4 again. At least that game had an armor/weapons/crafting system fit for a CRPG.

I am well aware of that but I phrased myself a bit ambiguous earlier. I was referring to engine optimizations and improvements that might be needed for the next-gen Upgrade. For example, if they game cannot handle anything above 4k textures but a UHD texture pack has 8k textures the engine must be updated to handle those textures. I assume there won't be a 4k version of the engine and an 8k version, but rather one 8k version where according to the specification the 4k or 8k textures will be used respectively.

Thus, the UHD texture pack can be downloaded and activated by gamers, but it is also only the tip of the iceberg. I think the same relation is between 1.5 and the next-gen upgrade.

I have made a comparison with Witcher 3 in the OP of this thread you might be interested in. Basically, I'm comparing Cyberpunk 2077's number of player over time with Witcher 3.

Since you mention that you do enjoy the game and would like those issues to be fixed I hope you reported all the issues you have found.

I think quicksave works well enough and should just be a benign save at the click of a button. Also when it comes to saves in general, please don't think in terms of overwriting save slots because the game generates files and those files are handled by the filesystem. Also, while a quicksave might use the same file the are probably not parsing the files contents and doing some kind of journaling or some kind of differential analysis, but rather write all content just to this file.

When it comes to loading saves, I have noticed the game using a few cheats to get done quicker. You can test this yourself by listening to the radio when loading a save. In my experience, the song just continues with is a sign that the game keeps and reuses assets to allow faster loading of savegames.
I'm not very technically adept to understand a lot of things, especially since I took a long hiatus from gaming or PC related inovations some years ago but what I noticed which I found strange was:
. I'm now starting my less buggy playthrough ever (started 4 runs after 1.3 before this one) after using another user account on my ps4 pro (no previous saves) and restoring database - previously I reinstalled the game after big patches but always imported my previous save files even if I started a new game.
- after 1.3 whenever i started a new game, after character creation, the loading screen wouldn't be the general Cyberpunk 2077 but the one corresponding to my previously loaded game (Ruth Dzeng about eating burritos from couch or ncpd officer with Ziggy...) which made me consider the info crossover between saves. This also happened after I troubleshoot skyrim anniversary where i was having the 0kb bug and went on to understand more about how saves worked on Skyrim on the ps4.
Truly I don't kbow but now I delete quick and autosaves often, thinking that even if I don't load autosaves they are rewriting themselves throughout the game and maybe carrying invonsistencies with that

This isn't from their PR department
Not officially, yet. That's allegedly an image to be used for the next gen update. This isn't student/fan work and there ain't a damn thing on Art Station. It's legit. This is a better cover than the original... for an update.

Not officially, yet. That's allegedly an image to be used for the next gen update. This isn't student/fan work and there ain't a damn thing on Art Station. It's legit. This is a better cover than the original... for an update.
No I think it's legit also, but what did you mean about them hyping it if it didn't come from them (sharing the photo)?

No I think it's legit also, but what did you mean about them hyping it if it didn't come from them (sharing the photo)?
I'm guessing that's either the new console OS icon or promotional material, perhaps even both. Patch "it's so big" 1.5, next gen, etc. It just feels like they're going to unnecessarily hype this thing up again.

To be fair, it would not be the first time they do it. Witcher 2 also got a cover update with Enhanced Edition.
1643642645692.png
1643642679931.png

Although enhanced edition was mostly about adding new content and bug fixes, I don't really now if it updated graphics or not.

But new cover does look better, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom