Next patch rampant speculations

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is actually an option 3.

That the new cover art will be used to release a "new" game/expansion.
Maybe will be the next-gen patch, but you'll have to pay it.

Seeing CDPR greed, this will make actually sense.
New art, new expansion, new price :shrug:
That makes... next to no sense to me, sorry. A new cover means that there is a new cover. I don't see any conspiracy behind it. If anything, I'd go as far as saying that at the present moment a new art is the best thing you'll see for a very long time when it comes to "new content". They will not surprise us with new content out of the blue. This is not how CDPR works, you should know it by now. Even patches are advertised with interviews and articles prior to release! They would never stealth-release anything.

It's announced and sure :cool:
Yeah, you are right....
If CDPR announced, then It's sure.

I mean, why can You even doubt anything they say?
They did never announced somehting that was not in the game...

:shrug:
Post automatically merged:

They would never stealth-release anything.
Oh, a part the nudity patch witch was stealth release to censor the game?
Or changing the game genre from RPG to Action Adventure?
Or maybe the whole old-gen console performance?
:coolstory:

Yeah, you are right....
If CDPR announced, then It's sure.

I mean, why can You even doubt anything they say?
They did never announced somehting that was not in the game...

:shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Oh, a part the nudity patch witch was stealth release to censor the game?
Or changing the game genre from RPG to Action Adventure?
Or maybe the whole old-gen console performance?
:coolstory:
I think you are confusing "stealth-removing" with "stealth-releasing". :D

A lot of people seem to believe that the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 already is and always has been the next gen version... I'd like to point out that the next gen patch for TW3 has been announced for PC as well. In my eyes there's absolutely no reason why Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5 wouldn't provide the same benefits for PC, as the next gen patch for consoles, even if PC-owners won't be seeing a dedicated next gen patch. I'm thinking of stuff like an increased amount of available engine threads for all kinds of stuff like texture streaming and audio, auto-detecting vram (in order to grey-out options that are not suitable for GPUs that don't have enough of vram), an option to eliminate short distance draw models entirely, reduced pop-in of shadows and lights, an increased quality of ray tracing effects (more psycho details, or even bringing back the cinema mode?), better functioning crowd and traffic, etc...
I hope your right, so far all we know is RT on next gen consoles, thats about it. We have no clue what tech they will use too make it happend or what settings it will run at (have a feeling this is why it was delayed for more testing). Hopefully they will optimise RT on pc too and perhaps bring in some new tech (AMDs FSR comes to mind.)

Id love too see better textures and a better use of hardware for streaming and so on but i think it would require more then a little coding and testing too get working. Im however keeping quite sceptical with: it will be a bug patch fix for me (probably of bugs ive never seen), most of the next gen will focus on consoles.

Depending on whats included i might give it another playtrough but i kinda doubt it...

There is actually an option 3.

That the new cover art will be used to release a "new" game/expansion.
Maybe will be the next-gen patch, but you'll have to pay it.

Seeing CDPR greed, this will make actually sense.
New art, new expansion, new price :shrug:

Ah yes "greed", newsflash when is there not a company out to make money?:cool:

Guest 4419821

Really looking forward to starting over once the new patch lands, I have started it on numerous occasions on my series x, but deep down I have been waiting for the next gen patch. I only ever finished chapter 1 and then stopped.
I hope it's not long now, really need a good open world and story to explore again. I feel like I've only scrapped the service of this game, despite owning it since release.

"My theory is that they don’t want to set a date weeks or a month in the future because they don’t want people running out to buy a much cheaper new or used last gen version that can then be upgraded to a current gen version instead of paying $60."

"My theory is that they don’t want to set a date weeks or a month in the future because they don’t want people running out to buy a much cheaper new or used last gen version that can then be upgraded to a current gen version instead of paying $60."

Except they have set a date. Q1 is January 1st to March 31st. :cool:

I may be wrong, but I think you may be overblowing the Next-Gen Update by quite a bit. I don't think we're going anywhere near 8K anything. 4K textures might be possible, but I really don't think anything can be done with this update to get close to 8K. Definitely not on consoles. (If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.)
You mave have gotten that wrong. I was comparing Cyberpunk 2077 to an arbitrary game that only supported 4k textures. I then argued that the engine changes needed to allow for 8k textures would be pushed in a patch, while the 8k textures would be released as DLC. This, I then compared to Cyberpunk 2077 and the next gen version.

And for the record, Cyberpunk 2077 does support 8k textures and I think it even supports 16k textures. Honestly, I don't know what the limit is.

This theory makes ZERO sense. First of all CDPR has no control over what the retailers sell the game for. Even if the Next Gen Update turns out to be blowjob level of good, the prices of physical copies and second-hand versions will stay mostly the same. It's not a GPU shortage situation and the game is over a year old. Physical space costs money, of course retailers want to move the goods out of the shelves.

Second, OF COURSE the game sits at $50 and $60 in official digital stores of Sony and Microsoft. Because it's DIGITAL and there is supposed to be a patch and an update released soon-ish. CDPR and Microsoft and Sony wants to capitalise as much as possible, as the majority of sales nowadays is DIGITAL. The prices will drop, just how they already did for PC. All you have to do is wait. If you waited over a year with purchase, you will wait as long as it takes at this point!

Third, with all those aforementioned huge releases incoming, NOT advertising the Patch and the Update is plain stupid. You WANT the gamers to know that there is yet another game to consider!

Fourth, the base game has to sell now, because CDPR wants to sell you the expansion separately! Making the Update and the Patch release quietly is double-stupid in this case. You want to sell the base game, THEN you want to additionally sell the expansion, right? If you miss your opportunity, people will decide to wait with the purchase of anything until you release the game and the expansion in a bundle. At lower price!

Fifth, CDPR has to make sure that the Update and the Patch is GOOD. They will release it when it's GOOD, not so they can stick it between or before the big releases. NOBODY will buy Cyberpunk anymore before making sure that the "new and improved" version of it is worth buying! That ship have sailed! If anything, I'd say that CDPR will wait until those big releases turn out to be underwhelming and not living up to expectations. Just like their own Cyberpunk did. Then they would release their redeeming Patch and Update and make themselves look better. I think that is way better of a theory than "they want to stealth-release the game and somehow make the gamers pay more".

You are rigth,the long time before patchs,one rough year and so amazing games coming out from february to march,will put a lot of gamers on hold...i love the game but i confess this is boring...

This theory makes ZERO sense. First of ...

Second,...
I (roughly) agree with you first and second and also thinks this Forbes theory is very far fetched.

Third, with all those aforementioned huge releases incoming, NOT advertising the Patch and the Update is plain stupid. You WANT the gamers to know that there is yet another game to consider!
I'm also not on board with CDPR's communication, but it seems they have made their choice and probably took this argument also into consideration.

Fourth, the base game has to sell now, because CDPR wants to sell you the expansion separately! Making the Update and the Patch release quietly is double-stupid in this case. You want to sell the base game, THEN you want to additionally sell the expansion, right? If you miss your opportunity, people will decide to wait with the purchase of anything until you release the game and the expansion in a bundle. At lower price!
Well, I don't think it will be released quietly, but more akin to 1.3 where they did a livestream in the same week. So, if we have the livestream I assume 1.5 and next-gen won't be far away.

Fifth, CDPR has to make sure that the Update and the Patch is GOOD. They will release it when it's GOOD, not so they can stick it between or before the big releases.
I also think that they do not consider any other release dates and push 1.5 along with next-gen when it's done.

Guest 4419821

I would rather they just release it like any other patch, none of this date announcement and livestream nonsense beforehand like its the "2nd coming".
Im not boarding another hype train for a patch, as much as I am looking forward to playing CP2077 again.

Just wondering, if hypothetically the patch and next gen was to be delayed. Would they have told us by now? I've always assumed that no news is typically good news with news like this.

A lot of people seem to believe that the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 already is and always has been the next gen version... I'd like to point out that the next gen patch for TW3 has been announced for PC as well. In my eyes there's absolutely no reason why Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.5 wouldn't provide the same benefits for PC, as the next gen patch for consoles, even if PC-owners won't be seeing a dedicated next gen patch. I'm thinking of stuff like an increased amount of available engine threads for all kinds of stuff like texture streaming and audio, auto-detecting vram (in order to grey-out options that are not suitable for GPUs that don't have enough of vram), an option to eliminate simplified draw models entirely, reduced pop-in of shadows and lights, an increased quality of ray tracing effects (more psycho details, or even bringing back the cinema mode?), better functioning crowd and traffic, etc...
In a way, yes -- the "Next-Gen Update" was always primarily focused on taking advantage of the console hardware available on XBX and PS5.

At no point was either update intended to be a "complete remaster of the game". That's why it's an update, and not a re-release. That being said, it's also very likely that there will be improvements made across the board (...and, of course, brand new issues that crop up.)

Next-Gen update will be free on every platforms.
Each DLC will be free.
Each expansion will be paid.
It's announced and sure :cool:
^ Yup!

You mave have gotten that wrong. I was comparing Cyberpunk 2077 to an arbitrary game that only supported 4k textures. I then argued that the engine changes needed to allow for 8k textures would be pushed in a patch, while the 8k textures would be released as DLC. This, I then compared to Cyberpunk 2077 and the next gen version.

And for the record, Cyberpunk 2077 does support 8k textures and I think it even supports 16k textures. Honestly, I don't know what the limit is.
I did think you were referring to 8K resolutions, yes. Still, putting a number like that out there is too speculative. There's nothing stopping them from adding 8K textures, but I'd say that's waaay over the limit of what the RAM in even the XBX and PS5 could reasonably support. Higher-end PCs, definitely, but the performance cost would probably be crippling in certain areas.

At no point was either update intended to be a "complete remaster of the game". That's why it's an update, and not a re-release. That being said, it's also very likely that there will be improvements made across the board (...and, of course, brand new issues that crop up.)
I still think it will be handled as a re-release. But we will see who will be right, Q1 will be over soon enough^^

I did think you were referring to 8K resolutions, yes. Still, putting a number like that out there is too speculative. There's nothing stopping them from adding 8K textures, but I'd say that's waaay over the limit of what the RAM in even the XBX and PS5 could reasonably support. Higher-end PCs, definitely, but the performance cost would probably be crippling in certain areas.
Yeah, again the textures were an example and nothing more. But in regards to your last point, I have never noticed much performance difference between lower and higher resoltuion textures. Usually, the question is if there is enough VRAM left and if there is everything is fine, if you hit the limit and go over it problems arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom