LOD/Draw distance and reflections issue

+
Sorry if this has been answered before, I've done a couple of searches and I didn't find anything conclusive. My CPU/GPU is AMD Ryzen 7 5800x/Nvidia RTX 3080 and 16GB DDR4 RAM, so I don't think this is a lack of resources situation.

The thing is, I know about the common LOD/Draw distance issues the game may have, but since the game came out, and currently with latest 1.31 update, I still can see issues like this:

2.png

1.png

Look at the skull at the centre of the screen. Is it really to far away to be rendered like that? It's so fustrating to me, a demaning game like that with my hardware.... the moment I get a little closer, the skull looks fine.

I've tried some LOD/DD mods but they make no difference. Almost like they did nothing. Is there a fix or a setting to prevent this.

On the other hand, it seems like the game remove some textures/assets/whatever when you're not looking. That's fine, except from this:

3.png

4.png

The moment I don't look directly to the monitors, the reflection dissapears. This is also very annoying for me. Can this be avoided somehow?

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same spec and exactly the same issue with the game. You'd think the game would work and look spectacular on a pc w with one of the best hardware out there. And it's not. It struggles. It's garbage.

I have exactly the same spec and exactly the same issue with the game. You'd think the game would work and look spectacular on a pc w with one of the best hardware out there. And it's not. It struggles. It's garbage.
And have you find any solution at all? Settings, mods, any fix??

Probably a consequence of the "work" done to make the game more stable on more "low end" PCs. So I think there is nothing that you can really do by yourself.
If it really bother you, you should wait for the next update. At least the equivalent update for PCs of the "next-gen" console update. I'm quite confident that that'll be also improved on high end PCs ;)

And have you find any solution at all? Settings, mods, any fix??
No. I simply stopped playing and am currently waiting for CDPR to sort their game out. I haven't touched the game since patch 1.3

People who says that there is nothing wrong with the graphics of this game clearly never had a pc that can push it to the limit. And then it turns out that some visual aspects of the game are worse than titles released in 2014.

Probably a consequence of the "work" done to make the game more stable on more "low end" PCs. So I think there is nothing that you can really do by yourself.
If it really bother you, you should wait for the next update. At least the equivalent update for PCs of the "next-gen" console update. I'm quite confident that that'll be also improved on high end PCs ;)

So you think a 'mayor' update is coming? Is there any news or estimated ETA on that?

No. I simply stopped playing and am currently waiting for CDPR to sort their game out. I haven't touched the game since patch 1.3

People who says that there is nothing wrong with the graphics of this game clearly never had a pc that can push it to the limit. And then it turns out that some visual aspects of the game are worse than titles released in 2014.

I'm on the same boat, I've stopped playing, those thing are a big drawback to me. Right now I'm enjoying RE4 with the HD Project mod, it looks beautiful and very polished. Of course it is made by fans so...

If really there's nothing we can do, what do LOD/DD mods actually do?? Or is it that thing like those from my first post are like hardcoded?

So you think a 'mayor' update is coming? Is there any news or estimated ETA on that?
Yeah, I think there will be a "big" one (1.5), expecially for next-gen consoles and probably also for high end PCs (with LOD/graphics/shadows/... improvements)
The only info that is "officially" available is "release planned for Q1 2022". So it could be tomorrow or the last day of march (just need to be a little patient).

Yeah, I think there will be a "big" one (1.5), expecially for next-gen consoles and probably also for high end PCs (with LOD/graphics/shadows/... improvements)
The only info that is "officially" available is "release planned for Q1 2022". So it could be tomorrow or the last day of march (just need to be a little patient).
Oh, OK, I didn't even know about that planning update. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks in advance!
I believe one of the updates did change the draw distance to considerably shorter, to probably try to solve the generic performance issues.

But there is still plenty of graphical issues, and Ive been seeing some that I don't recall seeing before. Such as character walking up stairs (Johnnys scene at Atlantis) not being animated so they are just sliding up while holding their pose; or characters being misaligned (below is the gym adjacent to the melee shop in Pacifica). These are from couple days ago.
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.02.06 - 03.27.24.87.png

And if Im supposed to go through a ticket process just to report minor graphical issues, good luck with that.

The more you play the more of stuff like that you'll see. And it's consistent and ever-present.

I can understand cutting corners for low-end machines and consoles but this here is just bad craftsmanship. It's not "for the sake of performance", it's because the engine can't handle its own graphics.

There are examples of things mismatched, misaligned, not animating, disappearing counted in thousands. Imagine documenting every single one for "a ticket". And then, after 2 weeks of waiting for the reply they will ask you "is the problem still present?". Well of course it is present because last patch was 6 months ago!

I went through the tedious and circle-leading process of "the ticket". I think it was designed around "he will get discouraged and won't finalise the report" in mind. Less work for technical support I guess.

There are examples of things mismatched, misaligned, not animating, disappearing counted in thousands. Imagine documenting every single one for "a ticket". And then, after 2 weeks of waiting for the reply they will ask you "is the problem still present?". Well of course it is present because last patch was 6 months ago!

I went through the tedious and circle-leading process of "the ticket". I think it was designed around "he will get discouraged and won't finalise the report" in mind. Less work for technical support I guess.

Thats the main reason why I hate the ticket process. If the reporter doesn't update the ticket, it is considered solved after few days. Who knows if anything at all is being done? That system suits gamebreaking issues, but does not suit minor graphical issues.

Look at the skull at the centre of the screen. Is it really to far away to be rendered like that? It's so fustrating to me, a demaning game like that with my hardware.... the moment I get a little closer, the skull looks fine.
Please report this issue here:

The moment I don't look directly to the monitors, the reflection dissapears. This is also very annoying for me. Can this be avoided somehow?
I think that should be screen space reflections for you. Even if you have enabled RT reflections, it might be using screen space reflections for those assets.

Aside from what @LeKill3rFou has already said, there is some rampant speculation going on here:

If really there's nothing we can do, what do LOD/DD mods actually do?? Or is it that thing like those from my first post are like hardcoded?
The improve certain aspects of LOD issues but not all of them. You can give them a try and see if this improves your situation.

Just to be clear, CDPR never said anything regarding PC improvements. As far as CDPR is concerned, 1.5 is just a patch and the next-gen update brings RT effects to current-gen consoles.

Ok, I had a different experience with their support. First, I think that a ticket can be created rather quickly and while it is true that they sometimes do not answer for quite a while, I have always received a response and many of the tickets I have created have also been fixed.

@greeks @Bloodartist

I think when the report is about several different issues, it will take much longer, although it might also depend on the department.

E.g. I've made a video for each of my two recent reports:

Report #A: My video contains a compilation of visual flaws, including the draw distance of buildings, because I thought that it might be easier for the devs to work on one specific location in the game, at a given time...
Departement: Gameplay, visual issues
Response time: six weeks

Report #B: Video shows one specific issue regarding reflections when DLSS_OFF. No big explanation, just the video link.
Departement: Technical
Response time: two days

Last edited:
Just to be clear, CDPR never said anything regarding PC improvements. As far as CDPR is concerned, 1.5 is just a patch and the next-gen update brings RT effects to current-gen consoles.
1.5 has definitely been flagged as a 'major' patch, and I will be disappointed if there are no clear PC improvements (but I don't expect to be).

Ok, I had a different experience with their support. First, I think that a ticket can be created rather quickly and while it is true that they sometimes do not answer for quite a while, I have always received a response and many of the tickets I have created have also been fixed.
Yeah, it's pretty simple to report a bug/glitch/whatever. I've done it for a few things, and TBH I never expect any personal response, I'm doing it to log something that needs fixing down-the-line. The pictures on the OP are perfect and great examples of what can easily be attached to a report about visual glitches.
Post automatically merged:

Um, strawman argument? Because I've not seen anyone ever say there are no graphical issues. So no need to slap imaginary people down because they have an 'inferior' PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom