What more interactive if each choice cost 1 FR and two more months delay?

+

What in NC would you want more interactive if each choice cost 1 FR and two more months delay?

• Arcade games

• Civilian NPC dialog

• Civilian NPC behavior

• Factions

• Picking up/holding/throwing items

• Shop Doors

• “Free Roam” Eating animation and Street vendors

• V’s Apartment (customizing)

• V’s vehicles (customizing and repair)

• Bar room pool table

Results are only viewable after voting.
YOU CAN CHOOSE MORE THAN ONE ANSWER ON THIS THE POLL!
(keep in mind that as ALL polls on this forum this is just for fun discussion)

Night City in this great game does have a lot of cool, interactive things, but most of them are realized through menus not action.

What in NC would you want more interactive if each choice cost 1 FR and two more months delay?
The two months is loosely based on how long it took Mod makers to make proof of concept mods work for similar ideas in other similar games.

I did not realize the poll was limited to only 10 choices as I had 20. So I had to pick the ones I thought most people would want.

edit:
2/14/2022 (39 votes) Average so far…
For more NC interaction Poll takers would be willing to lose 3.6 frame rate and wait 7.2 months longer for the game.

Wow, I am very surprised how much more popular the pool table would be than I guessed.

Last edited:

"WHAT MORE INTERACTIVE IF EACH CHOICE COST 1 FR AND TWO MORE MONTHS DELAY?"

Selected all of them as I greatly welcome more interaction anytime. but, pretty sure in the event even 1 of them is actually implemented, it'll drain a hell of a lot more than just 1 FR, guarantee you that.

My only issue with the poll's options is, in my opinion, the lack of detail about some options.

I mean, civillian NPC behaviors. What are we talking about here? Better reaction to your own action? That, I'm all for. Or are you talking about the full day/night routine for NPCs that some people want? That I do not care one bit about. Watching virtual people live their virtual lives isn't my cup of tea. Is it both?

Furthermore, I get that this is all for fun and hypothetical, but some of these options would definitely not affect frame rates in any way and others would absolutely destroy frame rates. Shop doors? Are we talking about this unrealistic expectation that all shops are accessible? Cause that would be an absolute metric shit ton of shops to render. Even with top of the line hardware, this would absolutely cause more than a 1 FPS loss.

I'm being way too analytical about this, I know.

All i want are repeatable quests

And before someone chimes in CDPR said there won't be any

CDPR has said a lot and many thing they have said they have proven false themselves. Look at road map and everything they said was in game and cut.

Guest 4561861

The one thing I would want is being able to sit wherever and whenever I chose, not have it dictated to me. I would also like interactive eating and drinking. Ordering drink from a bar I end up with a menu, not a drink put in front me. Drinking animation is already in the game, seems lazy not to have it at all places.

I've picked 5 because I recon that would even out to playing at pre 1.3 but I'd rather not wait 10 months ;)

Furthermore, I get that this is all for fun and hypothetical, but some of these options would definitely not affect frame rates in any way and others would absolutely destroy frame rates. Shop doors? Are we talking about this unrealistic expectation that all shops are accessible? Cause that would be an absolute metric shit ton of shops to render. Even with top of the line hardware, this would absolutely cause more than a 1 FPS loss.

I'm being way too analytical about this, I know.
Saved me from typing about the exactly same things though. (y)

Cause that would be an absolute metric shit ton of shops to render. Even with top of the line hardware, this would absolutely cause more than a 1 FPS loss.

Bethesda has done a decent job with all the doors in their games like Oblivion and Skyrim and to a lesser existent Fallout 4 with older hardware. All I am asking for in Cyberpunk are the ones that have big neon signs that say "we are open for business".

2/11/2022 (23 votes) Average so far…
For more NC interaction Poll takers would be willing to lose 4.7 frame rate and wait 8.4 months longer for the game.

Last edited:
Bethesda has done a decent job with all the doors in their games like Oblivion and Skyrim and to a lesser existent Fallout 4 with older hardware. All I am asking for in Cyberpunk are the ones that have big neon signs that say "we are open for business".

Not comparable at all.

You go into a city like the Imperial city in Oblivion, Whiterun in Skyrim or Diamond city in FO4 and most if not all doors are accessible but they are all self contained areas. The same applies for the vast majority of interiors in the open world. In other words, the interiors don't render at all. When you enter them, the rest of the world isn't being rendered. This was quite literally done to avoid the massive hit to FPS rendering all these cities and interior would cause.

Just look at open cities mods for Skyrim and Oblivion, they had massive effects on FPS back when they were considered demanding games. There is a reason why Bethesda puts all of this behind loading screens.

The same would apply to CP2077. The game is already quite demanding and pushing a lot of hardware to it's limit. CDPR will never add all these shops some people want. They just won't. Luckily, you're on PC and you might be able to get those through mods some day but it will come with a very noticeable performance hit. No way around it.

Not comparable at all.

You go into a city like the Imperial city in Oblivion, Whiterun in Skyrim or Diamond city in FO4 and most if not all doors are accessible but they are all self contained areas. The same applies for the vast majority of interiors in the open world. In other words, the interiors don't render at all. When you enter them, the rest of the world isn't being rendered. This was quite literally done to avoid the massive hit to FPS rendering all these cities and interior would cause.

Just look at open cities mods for Skyrim and Oblivion, they had massive effects on FPS back when they were considered demanding games. There is a reason why Bethesda puts all of this behind loading screens.

The same would apply to CP2077. The game is already quite demanding and pushing a lot of hardware to it's limit. CDPR will never add all these shops some people want. They just won't. Luckily, you're on PC and you might be able to get those through mods some day but it will come with a very noticeable performance hit. No way around it.
That's what streaming is for. I'm not favorable toward adding doors and rooms to every building with an "open" sign, just remove the open sign, but saying that rooms can't be added because they would always be there isn't how it works. I fully understand GTAV isn't an RPG so it's a no-no game here, but it's evidence of streaming/culling in contemporary setting same can be said for Sleeping Dogs. You don't have to load in assets every time you enter a store in that game, it's being streamed in on approach and ready for the player. This is how detailed environments are handled even in very linear games, hub world or strict A to B campaigns.

As for rendering - no game engine actually renders anything off screen today. Almost no game, not just open world, today would be playable if it were rendering everything in that world, flushed interiors or not. Even ray traced reflections in all the titles I'm aware of, for the moment, cull dynamic objects off-screen and several don't even render local shadows. That means they aren't being rendered. If you don't see it, it's not being rendered.

Last edited:
Not comparable at all.

I never said they had to render them all at one time you did, not ALL of this CP2077 game is all rendered all at the same time.
AND I never said it would not cost FR or more development time. ;)

And we disagree. I have been creating game mods for over 30 years, if the DEV had wanted to do it (made those shop doors with the open for business signs accessible) they in fact could have. There is no Tech limitation that would have made it impossible. They just did not make it a priority over other important DEV goals.

edit:
2/12/2022 (30 votes) Average so far…
For more NC interaction Poll takers would be willing to lose 4.5 frame rate and wait 9 months longer for the game.

Last edited:
I never said they had to render them all at one time you did,

I didn't.

not ALL of this CP2077 game is all rendered all at the same time.

Fully aware of that. The game does what every other game does these days - streams and renders in an area around the player or directly in front of the player. It's a fairly large area in CP2077 and, judging by the amount of "open for business" stores, would also mean a sizeable number of stores. Some rather large too. At least, from the outside anyway.

AND I never said it would not cost FR or more development time. ;)

Never said you did either. I'm sure you are fully aware that such a thing would impact performance. It would be foolish to think otherwise. My original comment was simply about it being far more than the hypothetical 1FPS from the poll. You then compared it to Beth's games which isn't comparable. That's all this was.

I know this is meant to be all for fun and I already acknowledged that I was being too analytical about this.

And we disagree. I have been creating game mods for over 30 years, if the DEV had wanted to do it (made those shop doors with the open for business signs accessible) they in fact could have. There is no Tech limitation that would have made it impossible. They just did not make it a priority over other important DEV goals.

I know you've been creating mods for a long time, I have over a decade of experience myself. I've worked on some pretty big projects too, stuff I am certain you have used in your Oblivion install back in the day. As such, I know that modding =/= actual development. I also never said it's impossible. I said it's not happening and unrealistic. Because, while there isn't any tech limitations on CDPR's side stopping them from doing that, there are hardware limitations on our side. The PS4 and Xbox (whichever is the last-gen) are already struggling as it is, asking more out of them is a big no-no. The same applies to people with low end PCs which meet the necessary specs as indicated by CDPR.

There was no limitations stopping Bethesda from making their cities completely open either. Mods have proven the engine can handle it just fine. Performance still took a massive nosedive when those mods were installed.

I don't think it was a matter of prioritizing certain goals over that. I think it was a matter of getting the game to run well on as many configurations/systems as possible. It's disappointing for those of us with high end hardware that could most probably handle it just fine but it's unavoidable when your game costs 300+ million to develop/market and you need to reach as many people as possible to recoup that money.

Anyway, this is turning into a debate for no good reason which will only lead to your thread being closed. I'm sure you'd rather it stays open and so do I. While polls with most of these options have been done before in the early days of the game, I am curious as to what the results will be after a year.

So we'll agree to disagree.
Post automatically merged:

No that means First Person Shooter

I have to admit FR had me confused at first too.

Like @DC9V, I've always seen frame rate referred to as FPS.

Last edited:
-Snip- (do we still use "snip" these days to mean i am only partial quoting? I never see any other post using this anymore. )

I don't think it was a matter of prioritizing certain goals over that. I think it was a matter of getting the game to run well on as many configurations/systems as possible.

So we'll agree to disagree.
-snip-

I think we agree on that. (y) By "goals" a also meant getting it to run on older machines.

No that means First Person Shooter
No, it means Frames Per Second. If you were any sort of gamer, you would have known that. A gamer would know something cannot cost 1 First Person Shooter, and would know the alternative.

Top Bottom