What more interactive if each choice cost 1 FR and two more months delay?

+

What in NC would you want more interactive if each choice cost 1 FR and two more months delay?

• Arcade games

• Civilian NPC dialog

• Civilian NPC behavior

• Factions

• Picking up/holding/throwing items

• Shop Doors

• “Free Roam” Eating animation and Street vendors

• V’s Apartment (customizing)

• V’s vehicles (customizing and repair)

• Bar room pool table

Results are only viewable after voting.
No, it means Frames Per Second. If you were any sort of gamer, you would have known that. A gamer would know something cannot cost 1 First Person Shooter, and would know the alternative.
Yes dear, I was being deliberately obtuse, unfortunately I don't rely on the Internet to validate my existence I just come here for fun and information. Now go tidy your room x

I can get 60 First Person Shooters with DLSS set to balanced in 4K.
I can get one First Person Shooter per stock hard drive and assuming there's enough space left for the swap file it shouldn't affect my FPS

Apparently it's something about there being too many bits on a bus and not enough bites left so you have to pay cash?
Post automatically merged:

@SpookyFX what were the other items that you left out of the poll?

Last edited:
I love how this thread has turned into what the heck FR means :coolstory:

How many Frame Rates do I need to spend to improve my grammar?

P.s. anyone speaking English as a second language on this forum is a HERO in my books and I wish I was that cool :sad:

What the hell is 1 FR ? What is " shop doors " ? I'm sorry.. i'm unable to comprehend half of OPs post.

DC9V

Forum veteran
What the hell is 1 FR ? What is " shop doors " ? I'm sorry.. i'm unable to comprehend half of OPs post.
You will eventually find out by reading the other posts comments ;)
We absolutely still use [...] to indicate partial quoting.
Nope :p

What in NC would you want more interactive if each choice cost 1 [FPS] and two more months delay?
Piano keys, places where I can take a seat (without triggering a quest), NPCs (dialogue options that lead to side quests), bar codes that unlock items which can be bought in stores when getting scanned, actions that trigger cutscenes in third person (e.g. drinking/eating animations), arcade gaming machines, pawn shops, +18 BDs, ...

Last edited:

1644807951619.png

@SpookyFX what were the other items that you left out of the poll?

The Cat pet care

Gambling

More ambient controls that have sound effects and maybe animation (levers, buttons, knobs, valves)

Customized “Trophy” display (such as any weapon not just designated weapons)

Panel "rewire" hacking/repair (there were one or two of these, example: the roller-coaster ride)

Dancing in any club with music

Mass transit (taxies, bus, trains) that allow you to ride and watch the city go by.

Working (active) Trauma Team system

Mundane (non combat) scripted “events” such as two married NPCs having a fight in a restaurant and start throwing food. This can be done with Random procedural placement as well if using deeper AI (similar to Oblivion Radiant AI). But it is practical to do with scripted events only.

Random procedural placement (a little like the street crime) of one night stands in the various Bars/pubs. So you know how you can "get a date" at the red light districts. Same thing but it is mutual and consenting "date" with no money exchanged. You have to find the right one in the right bar and just talk to them. This could be ONE each night at random in some bar someplace. You may find her/him or not depending on how much BAR HOPPING for a (the) date you do. Or if you do not go to a lot of bars you may have a dry spell for a few nights or weeks...

One of the city interactions that happen in Oblivion that stuck in my head for decades was just standing watching some arena fighters spar. I was watching them to study (memorize) their combat animations hoping that would help me fight, THEN suddenly a surprise bonus to my characters combat ability occurred with a message that I pick up some combat pointers from watching the sparing. Evidently it was a hidden event triggered by watching the sparing NPC for 60 seconds.
THAT made the city feel so much more alive. These kind of open world games need more of those kind of events.

edit:
2/14/2022 (40 votes) Average so far…
For more NC interaction Poll takers would be willing to lose 4.0 frame rate and wait 8.1 months longer for the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom