[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
The best ending is the Temperance ending anyway. It is the more emotional and the one that is best written. It gives me the feeling that it is the first one they wrote.

In the aldecaldo ending, they actually take a pretty big hit. The secure your soul program they spent millions, if not billions, on is destroyed, a good chunk of their headquarters is destroyed, partially due to the actions of Smasher, and the Aldos make off with a bunch of equipment.

Yeah, but JS nuked them and they bounced back from that. So Im not sure that Arasaka will be massively affected by the actions of V at all.

Yeah, but JS nuked them and they bounced back from that. So Im not sure that Arasaka will be massively affected by the actions of V at all.
Maybe not "massively", but if Mikoshi is destroyed (there is no longer soulkiller and no "secure your soul" program,...), it mean that all engrams stored are also "lost" for Arasaka (absorbed by Alt), it also mean that all of the most richest people in the world (who have paid true fortunes for "saving their souls") could claim a "refund" and have certainely lost all their trust in Arasaka.
In addition, you can consider that Yorinobu will continue his "remodelling" work...
So certainly not something who could "destroy" Arasaka (a world wide corpo), but it will hurt badly, very badly (Araska will no longer be the most powerful corpo in the world, that for sure) :)

Johnny and his nuke have nothing to do with V's actions consequences... In short, Johnny have simply destroyed a building/tower, nothing more...

Johnny and his nuke have nothing to do with V's actions consequences... In short, Johnny have simply destroyed a building/tower, nothing more...

I think you missed the point I was making there. Yes JS actions are separate to V's, but the point being; Arasaka survived being nuked, politically, financially, and publicly.

V wrecking one of their projects will likely not do much to them, I doubt that was their only large project they had on the go.

On a side note, I wonder how many innocent people JS murdered when he set that nuke off? Sure a lot of people in Arasaka are morally bad, but did they deserve death? And all the people in the surrounding area, did they deserve to die? But hey, he said sorry in the end lol :LOL:

I think you missed the point I was making there. Yes JS actions are separate to V's, but the point being; Arasaka survived being nuked, politically, financially, and publicly.

V wrecking one of their projects will likely not do much to them, I doubt that was their only large project they had on the go.

On a side note, I wonder how many innocent people JS murdered when he set that nuke off? Sure a lot of people in Arasaka are morally bad, but did they deserve death? And all the people in the surrounding area, did they deserve to die? But hey, he said sorry in the end lol :LOL:

Johnny tried to get them to evacuate, Arasaka in his pride hid the information of the attack from the public. And he ended up using it to attack Militech. It is said several times during the story.
On the other hand, the attack was going to be only in the building undergrounds to destroy Mikoshi but it was detonated above prematurely due to unestablished causes. Johnny tries to escape the building in the heli and he's not carrying the bomb anymore, so it's all very strange. And this part is definetively true because Rogue when Johnny is going to fall from the helicopter in 2077 says: not this time.
Arasaka had plenty of time to defuse the bomb if any of the rest of the flashback is true. When Johnny is brought out on a stretcher, the tower is still standing. For all we know, they may have detonated it themselves.

Last edited:
For all we know, they may have detonated it themselves.
From the lore, Arasaka already had their own bomb (way bigger than the Johnny's one) in the sub-ground level of the tower in case (and for Saburo, killing every body in the Tower and in Night City was/is also not a problem at all).
Saburo's words : The Relic is our futur and I prefer blow up Night City rather than let the Relic fall into their barabarian hands.

The Relic and SoulKiller (combined) is the only "immortality" technology who exist and have ever existed (Arasaka have years/decades of technological advancement). They also have plenty of Netrunner engrams which they can "use" as they want...

"Save Your Soul" program is an incredible and easy source of money (probably tens/hundred billions of eddies of income) and a very, very good way to have full control of the richest and most powerful people in the world (If you want to be "immortal", do what Arasaka ask and pay whatever they want). Just look how Lucius Rhyne was "feared" by Arasaka in the Konpeki during "The Heist"... He does what they want/say...)

Arasaka, contrary to what they claim, they can access and/or modify the engrams. So all the informations in people's memory in engram form are accessible and usable (every intelligence agency's dream).

The SoulKiller is an incredible defence against any netrunner who want to hack them or against anyone who can be connected on the net around the world (if you are an Arasaka enemies, you can't descently be connected on the net without riskng an "instant" death...)

So loosing Mikoshi (so all the engrams and datas in the servers in orbit) and the SoulKiller at the same time is a huge loss, maybe the biggest one possible... So Arasaka will survive for sure, but V's actions could certainly be the worse "hit" that Arasaka ever take in their history...

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion but Johnny is a hero in every sense of the word with many faults as a normal human being. Simply trying to defeat a giant too big.

hero
/ˈhɪərəʊ/
noun
a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

JS is a pretty intelligent Person with a lot of mental problems. And also someone who thinks that the world has to go accoding to his plan. Terrible mixture.

What his mental problem? That he is a punk? He lost his best friend and an arm in a war where they were cheated and treated like dirt and when he returned home he had to hide that he had deserted or he would be treated worse than a street dog.
Do you think the Johnny Silverhand name was just for artistic purposes?
The fun part is that he used to believe in honor, homeland, society and all of that before. I think Johnny is doing pretty well for the life he's lived.

Last edited:
So loosing Mikoshi (so all the engrams and datas in the servers in orbit) and the SoulKiller at the same time is a huge loss, maybe the biggest one possible... So Arasaka will survive for sure, but V's actions could certainly be the worse "hit" that Arasaka ever take in their history...

But alas .. V could not deliver a killing blow to Arasaka. Dont get me wrong, Im not defending them, just saying :)
Post automatically merged:

Unpopular opinion but Johnny is a hero in every sense of the word with many faults as a normal human being. Simply trying to defeat a giant too big.

hero
/ˈhɪərəʊ/
noun
a person who is admired for their courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities.

I'm not sure those who lost friends and family to his nuke would agree :LOL:

What his mental problem? That he is a punk? He lost his best friend and an arm in a war where they were cheated and treated like dirt and when he returned home he had to hide that he had deserted or he would be treated worse than a dog.
I think Johnny is doing pretty well for the life he's lived.

Well he did thing that Arasaka (and probably the world) was out to get him, that's rather paranoid. So I would say he has/had mental issues without a doubt.

Yeah, it's almost impossible to destroy such a "world wide corpo" as Arasaka entirely :)

But it would have been great to see V tare Arasaka down to the ground if she/he could have. Kinda sad that that wasn't one of the endings or the main drive of the story.

I know it was a personal story, but seeing V go from the bottom to the top and knock out a corporation would have been awesome.

But alas .. V could not deliver a killing blow to Arasaka. Dont get me wrong, Im not defending them, just saying :)

I'm not sure those who lost friends and family to his nuke would agree :LOL:

Well he did thing that Arasaka (and probably the world) was out to get him, that's rather paranoid. So I would say he has/had mental issues without a doubt.

The bombing was collateral damage, unintended and not clear till this day. The true objective was to blow the foundations of the tower deep underground.
The bomb exploded when johnny was no longer in the building and characters like Adam Smasher had time to escape. Suspicious to say the least.
Funny that you mention that Arasaka want to get him when they kidnapped his girlfriend and he ends as an engram onwed by Saburo Arasaka himself because of a whim.

Last edited:
The bombing was collateral damage, unintended and not clear till this day. The true objective was to blow the foundations of the tower deep underground.

Yes, but even today in our times "collateral damage" is just a nicer way of saying "dead innocent people". That is never a good thing and should never be overlooked or swept under a rug.

The bomb exploded when johnny was no longer in the building and characters like Adam Smasher had time to escape. Suspicious to say the least.

Perhaps, but again, JS brought that bomb there, he is the catalyst.

Funny that you mention that Arasaka want to get him when they kidnapped his girlfriend and he ends as an engram onwed by Saburo Arasaka himself because of a whim.

No not a whim true, but more like vengeance for what JS did .. blowing up Arasaka tower.

What his mental problem? That he is a punk? He lost his best friend and an arm in a war where they were cheated and treated like dirt and when he returned home he had to hide that he had deserted or he would be treated worse than a street dog.
Do you think the Johnny Silverhand name was just for artistic purposes?
The fun part is that he used to believe in honor, homeland, society and all of that before. I think Johnny is doing pretty well for the life he's lived.
Something I really like in the game how things, NPC's have shades and depth. And it's worth to consider aspect of what become of Johnny Silverhand, how much he is a product of the world and the Night City. And then what that means in context of Silverhand invading V.

Mental problem or not, his drive revolved much around of himself, even he probably even thought himself that it's about people and that.

Johnny tried to get them to evacuate, Arasaka in his pride hid the information of the attack from the public. And he ended up using it to attack Militech. It is said several times during the story.
On the other hand, the attack was going to be only in the building undergrounds to destroy Mikoshi but it was detonated above prematurely due to unestablished causes. Johnny tries to escape the building in the heli and he's not carrying the bomb anymore, so it's all very strange. And this part is definetively true because Rogue when Johnny is going to fall from the helicopter in 2077 says: not this time.
Arasaka had plenty of time to defuse the bomb if any of the rest of the flashback is true. When Johnny is brought out on a stretcher, the tower is still standing. For all we know, they may have detonated it themselves.

The event described in the game is also a central game element in Cyberpunk 2020 and there's a lot of moving parts about what is THE defining action of the setting like the Time of Troubles for the Forgotten Realms or the War of the Lance for Dragonlance. Even the game, with how much attention it gives, doesn't cover everything.

From an RPG standpoint, some missing information:

* Militech provided the nuclear weapon to Johnny Silverhand and company
* It was a Pocket Nuke and not meant to be as destructive as it was. If it had detonated in Mikoshi, it would have only destroyed Arasaka Tower--which is horrific but Johnny gave everyone time to evacuate.
* Johnny did know innocent people would die but was too pissed off to care.
* Morgan Blackhand rescued Johnny the first time from Adam Smasher
* The nuke getting stuck in Kei Arasaka (Yorinobu and Hanako's brother) office is something that SHOULD NOT have happened but somehow did. There's speculation Kei tried to be a hero and disarm it.
* Johnny was motivated by getting revenge on Arasaka for Alt Cunningham but also setting her free. The rest of the party wanted to bring an end to the 4th Corporate War that was devastating the world.
* The US government blamed Arasaka for the nuke and claimed it was one of theirs going off. They also used the real story to nationalize Militech and rebuild itself from irrelevancy.
* Militech eventually took over the United States from the inside. So...irony points.
* Arasaka DID have a nuclear bomb they planned to use to wipe out all of Night City. It actually took some time to determine it wasn't their fault but capturing Johnny alive means that's been retconned.

I apologize in advance if the nuances of my post in the forum are different from other languages because I play games in Japanese and use a machine translation.
I watched an anime and then returned to the gaming world after about a year and a half, playing the side job of The Ballad of Buck Ravers.
Then Johnny saw an elderly fan and said that it was pointless to stay tied to the past and that we had to change it ourselves. Ironically, I felt those words were also for CD PROJEKT RED.
Is the creator bound by the fixed concept that cyberpunk will not have a happy ending and that the world is cruel? Both for games and anime?
This game has an incredible volume of plays that can range from dozens to over a hundred hours, so it is quite easy to empathize with the main character and it is different from movies that end after two hours.
It doesn't necessarily mean that all endings must be happy endings. However, wouldn't it be nice to have a wonderful ending where freedom allows us to combine the powers of all the colleagues we have met so far and lead to a happy ending?

At the same time, I also felt like the creators were being held captive in a tower of great actor, such as Keanu Reeves. I wanted to play my own story, not Johnny's, not V's. However, the involvement with Johnny's story doubled, and I ended up spending most of the game with this unpleasant rocker boy. Even in the DLC, I still couldn't escape from Johnny, which I regret. If there is a sequel, I would like to live freely in my own story as a player.

I don't want happy endings. There's a reason why works like ASOIAF are special: they're fantasy where real world shit/tragedy happens. Tragic characters will always be superior to those that get happy endings.

Top Bottom