Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
The benchmark is nice too and should have been there from day one. Although it gives me more performance than the game itself...

I also find it a bit cringe that you're calling the updates "downloadable content", they're extra content that will be patched in and aren't optional, it's not "downloadABLE", it's not optional, and its not an option you pay for. These are updates. Just call them that. Don't use some buzzword term thats barely appropriate. Optional world-expansion packs that add new areas, whole new characters and storylines, or new features or items, that we can pay and choose to have or not have, thats a DLC. This is a patch, note theres no JUST about that though, it's a very big very good move for the game.
Like many developers, CDPR have their own nomenclature. "DLC" means small, free additions. "Expansions" means paid additional story content. This is not new nor, really, worthy of complaint and it's quite transparent. Contrast Rockstar, for example, who deliberately obfuscate what additional content really is and then try to make you pay for worthless tat.

It took a while, but we can finally customize our characters after creation, have several options for apartments. Something I was expecting too see on launch, but better later than ever. These were obviously a must in this type of game, happy that CDPR are finally reaching "when it's ready" state. Haven't played the game yet, but hopefully AI making some serious progress lol Can't wait to hear updates about the future.

Fair enough. But the thing that frustrates me most is that everything that was promised by CDPR and wasn't there on launch and still isn't there now, are all the things modders have made possible in a somewhat short time. One could think that a multi millionaire company with almost unlimited resources could do better and aspire to make their game bigger and better than them, people who usually work alone or with small teams.

I'm not trying to complain, even if i'm actually doing that, i'm just... i don't know, i guess that i'm still expecting this game to be the best game ever.
Sadly, I don't think we'll ever get the game that was promoted. CDPR might do a full turnaround and really push the boat out with future DLCs, who knows. I think they've been fighting bugs for a long time and I imagine we'll see more meaningful content once they're happy with the state of it first. I would love to see more complex systems introduced (which can also be extended with mods). But I do think the truly remarkable stuff will generally come from the modders. Even if you look at excellent base games such as Stalker, the modders made that 10x better.

I personally think this is something to be optimistic about. With or without CDPR the game will get better through mods.

Thanks for the update. I appreciate the continued effort to make this game better but I hate to say that I am still kind of disappointed. I have been defending this game to everyone saying to wait for this big patch. I like the apartments and the overall improvements but people have been waiting for months for something much more substantial. Here is a to do list. Please try to hold back streaming until you have at least a few of these things added.

World Immersion Additions
  • Police chases or just dynamic car chases in general
  • Ability to ride trains or buses
  • Ability to make more radical cosmetic body changes that reflect the cyberpunk aesthetic
  • More interactive elements like mini-games or activities to participate in outside of questing
  • A trauma team that does something
New Content
  • New quests and things to do
  • The first major expansion
  • New romances
  • Jobs
Other
  • Custom radio for pc players
  • Garages
  • Car customization
  • New game +

I 100% second this. Essential features for any game, specially on a cyberpunk / open world setting.

It was absolutely not supposed to be released on old gen, they're a damned ballast!
But ultimately it did release and CDPR has done a pretty poor job of trying to redeem those versions and therefore their image. Obviously on this forum and people who still follow the game, my opinion is very much a minority. But I stand by that consumers should be treated better and the response from CDPR has been lacklustre for those who play on the old gen systems especially.

But ultimately it did release and CDPR has done a pretty poor job of trying to redeem those versions and therefore their image. Obviously on this forum and people who still follow the game, my opinion is very much a minority. But I stand by that consumers should be treated better and the response from CDPR has been lacklustre for those who play on the old gen systems especially.

We must take into account that RedEngine 4 is a relatively new tool and in full development. It's not easy to deal with something like that, 'native of the house'.

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever get the game that was promoted. CDPR might do a full turnaround and really push the boat out with future DLCs, who knows. I think they've been fighting bugs for a long time and I imagine we'll see more meaningful content once they're happy with the state of it first. I would love to see more complex systems introduced (which can also be extended with mods). But I do think the truly remarkable stuff will generally come from the modders. Even if you look at excellent base games such as Stalker, the modders made that 10x better.

I personally think this is something to be optimistic about. With or without CDPR the game will get better through mods.

Not trying to be rude but at this point, i'm more optimistic about mods than their own game updates.

Like many developers, CDPR have their own nomenclature. "DLC" means small, free additions. "Expansions" means paid additional story content. This is not new nor, really, worthy of complaint and it's quite transparent. Contrast Rockstar, for example, who deliberately obfuscate what additional content really is and then try to make you pay for worthless tat.

Hey, I mean, free is free and not to be sniffed at. But its just confusing. DLC by its name, is an optional feature, perhaps paid for. But it's download-"able" not a patch. Especially weird considering some of the things they classed as DLC were like 2 new weapons from Wilson (as its own DLC), contrasted with 4 whole new apartments with bunches of interactions inside of them.

Thank you CDPR. All your efforts clearly show!
Can't wait for the big DLC(s).
Game Plus would be appreciated for us wanting to experience everything from the start, only at a higher level of difficulty.

Hey, I mean, free is free and not to be sniffed at. But its just confusing. DLC by its name, is an optional feature, perhaps paid for. But it's download-"able" not a patch. Especially weird considering some of the things they classed as DLC were like 2 new weapons from Wilson (as its own DLC), contrasted with 4 whole new apartments with bunches of interactions inside of them.
In this case it just sounds like it's been bundled into the patch, as they did last time, rather than issued separately. In Witcher 3 the DLCs were released in small chunks, eg a single quest, some new armour (if I remember rightly), etc. This time they're just arriving as the patches arrive.

Top Bottom