1.5 Visual Tech Analysis

+
Share what you notice about visual improvements AND PROBLEMS here! RT or standard!

This is a rough start, but it's something. Considerable visual improvements are immediately noticeable. The skin work with RT/SSS in ambient environments has much less of the 'wax candle appearance' though further tweaks could prove fruitful.

In the following images you can see immediate changes in hair/skin rendering along with SSS(Sub Surface Scattering) quality in the open world. No longer do middle-aged characters look like 15 year old marsh mellows with RT on, nor does the hair glow when out doors, though some edits may be in order. General lighting has a sharper edge now, whereas before the world in general had this mushy/soft feeling in many diffuse lighting situations. Take note of how the desktop now has more defined edges vs before. Cheri's hair still has a touch of that dry/clay look, but it has greater variance in the shading. Perhaps she's supposed to have 'dry' hair, but I doubt it given the setting, her look, and gender.

These are images of the hair and mm accurate diffuse illumination modifications I was working on just last night vs vanilla, with an early comparison of simply slumping the settings for improved hair into the folder structure. Wow! I have not gotten around to jiggering the RT in 1.5 just yet, but you can already see they've done work here as Cheri's hand is noticeably receiving light from the LED keyboard vs vanilla 1.31. Her tattoos are now luminescent, her necklace is much closer to true values and just... very impressive overall. I can't describe how pleased I am with this work so far. Looks like a distant shadow occlusion box has invaded Clouds in bottom hand corner though.
Cheri_01.jpg
Cheri_02.jpg
Cheri_03.jpg
Cheri_04.jpg

Last edited:
Share what you notice about visual improvements here! RT or standard!

This is a rough start, but it's something. Considerable visual improvements are immediately noticeable. The skin work with RT/SSS in ambient environments has much less of the 'wax candle appearance' though further tweaks could prove fruitful.

In the following images you can see immediate changes in hair/skin rendering along with SSS(Sub Surface Scattering) quality in the open world. No longer do middle-aged characters look like 15 year old marsh mellows with RT on, nor does the hair glow when out doors, though some edits may be in order. General lighting has a sharper edge now, whereas before the world in general had this mushy/soft feeling in many diffuse lighting situations. Take not of how the desktop now has defined edges vs before.

These are images of the hair and mm accurate diffuse illumination modifications I was working on just last night vs vanilla, with an early comparison of simply slumping the settings for improved hair into the folder structure. Wow! I have not gotten around to jiggering the RT in 1.5 just yet, but you can already see they've done work here as Cheri's hand is noticeably receiving light from the LED keyboard vs vanilla 1.31. Her tattoos are now luminescent, her necklace is much closer to true values and just... very impressive overall. I can't describe how pleased I am with this work so far. Looks like a distant shadow occlusion box has invaded Clouds in bottom hand corner though.View attachment 11280931View attachment 11280934View attachment 11280937View attachment 11280943
How is light popin when driving etc if you've got to that? Has it gone back to how it was at 1.23 (ie less noticeable)? (I won't be downloading the patch for a while)

It's me or it look better in 1.5 ?
Seem to be more "smooth" like on the computer on the first and second screenshot.

How is light popin when driving etc if you've got to that? Has it gone back to how it was at 1.23 (ie less noticeable)? (I won't be downloading the patch for a while)
I have not dug in with my eagle eye, yet. However; From the few minutes I have played the game looks much better and plays much smoother. The general rendering quality has noticeably improved and I have not noticed light/shadow pop-in or streaming issues like before. I did notice some LOD swapping on some roof assets, but I was looking for that at that precise moment.

I have not dug in with my eagle eye, yet. However; From the few minutes I have played the game looks much better and plays much smoother. The general rendering quality has noticeably improved and I have not noticed light/shadow pop-in or streaming issues like before. I did notice some LOD swapping on some roof assets, but I was looking for that at that precise moment.
One of the only real complaints I had about 1.3/1.31 was the popin became so much closer, but you could see that that was the compromise they needed to make to make it run better on more systems. Sounds like they've done a lot of work on it which is great. Cheers!

The hair and the clothes fabric looks better but.. why the tattoo on her arms looks like it is glowing?

The hair and the clothes fabric looks better but.. why the tattoo on her arms looks like it is glowing?
It's surely supposed to, as noted above. Too obvious to be a cock up. Today, you can get UV luminescent tattoos that glow under a black light. In 2077 I guess you can get ones that always glow. Haven't checked char. creator yet.
Post automatically merged:

One of the only real complaints I had about 1.3/1.31 was the popin became so much closer, but you could see that that was the compromise they needed to make to make it run better on more systems. Sounds like they've done a lot of work on it which is great. Cheers!
To clarify; the LOD swap was much smoother than anything previously seen from this game. Like what you would see with a well made Unreal Engine title. I noticed this because the asset was lower detail than I feel it should have been at that distance and watched it transition.

Last edited:
I noticed the new lighting in Char creator. Also been some changes too the HDR implementation and everything feels brighter for me. Performance wise its the same, my 3090 is really struggeling too keep 40 fps on quality DLSS even in corpo intro but on performance its better.

I noticed the new lighting in Char creator. Also been some changes too the HDR implementation and everything feels brighter for me. Performance wise its the same, my 3090 is really struggeling too keep 40 fps on quality DLSS even in corpo intro but on performance its better.
Yep. I've noticed hitching in areas I didn't previously near city center, otherwise performance seems to have improved. It's more stable overall.
Character lighting in creator is better and they replaced the LUT that was there. It's why people would select a haircolor that appeared entirely different later. The Character Creation scene was literally color graded differently from the rest of the game. WHOOPS

Might be my own fault in the video, dident uncap fps captured i think.... it feels a bit more heavy too run tho the little ive tested.

Edit: Nvm cant have more then 60 in shadowplay

Idk what to think about this,i wanted 2 things "transmog system for clothes and maybe game +" thats all.So for me this is simply disappointment.All other things are cool,but look in this game is huge for me.I dont want look like moron from asylum becouse i have to use items with highest armor stats.I dont get it why they simply ignore people what want this in game,im pretty sure that im not alone.So we wait half year to get green markers on map and shiny wheels.Dont get me wrong i gonna play it but im not happy at all.

Idk what to think about this,i wanted 2 things "transmog system for clothes and maybe game +" thats all.So for me this is simply disappointment.All other things are cool,but look in this game is huge for me.I dont want look like moron from asylum becouse i have to use items with highest armor stats.I dont get it why they simply ignore people what want this in game,im pretty sure that im not alone.So we wait half year to get green markers on map and shiny wheels.Dont get me wrong i gonna play it but im not happy at all.

I understand you but then there would be a lot of equipment and looks that would never be used or even tried. It also happens with other games that do not detach the armor from the item for the same reason.

What I noticed so far:

- DLSS looks way better than before. No more "blur" or at least not as much as before. Even performance @1440p looks quite good!
- DLSS got a sharpening slider!
- DLSS texture bias has been properly implemented this time, probably part of what gives the DLSS a better look now
- DLSS now doesn't mess up your inventory character look with massive blur
- Mirrors have been updated with some "smudge" on them? Why?
- RT lighting, especially on psycho gives more "pop" for lack of a better word
- Shadows got a big boost with RT, no more blocky shadows!
- HDR is now actually worth turning on
- Performance is better and more stable than before
- I could swear some of the cutscenes got new animations, like with Kirk, but it might be wishful thinking so I won't :ROFLMAO:

Man. Night and day for me in the visual departments. All stemming from small changes here and there (Baaboey is pointing them all), but everything pops more now, less oddities and on. Great work.

Some loss of performance, but I am more than happy with the trade off.

Top Bottom