1.5 Visual Tech Analysis

+
Looks way better on PC - very solid and sharp but I have hit on FPS and its lagging a lot when opening map for a first couple of seconds.

What I noticed so far:

- DLSS looks way better than before. No more "blur" or at least not as much as before. Even performance @1440p looks quite good!
- DLSS got a sharpening slider!
- DLSS texture bias has been properly implemented this time, probably part of what gives the DLSS a better look now
- DLSS now doesn't mess up your inventory character look with massive blur
- Mirrors have been updated with some "smudge" on them? Why?
- RT lighting, especially on psycho gives more "pop" for lack of a better word
- Shadows got a big boost with RT, no more blocky shadows!
- HDR is now actually worth turning on
- Performance is better and more stable than before
- I could swear some of the cutscenes got new animations, like with Kirk, but it might be wishful thinking so I won't :ROFLMAO:

I manually updated DLSS to 2.3.7, is so much better than vanilla (2.3.4). That said i get worse perfomance now in 1.5 but my CPU is very old (6700k OC + 3070Ti) so i cant really cry about it...

Last edited:
For the hitching? i generaly play with v sync on and some other tweeks not that it will ever hit 98 fps in this game but.
I did as well, but the screen tearing has been practically eliminated. I restarted my PC after roll back and the hitches I was experiencing are gone at the moment. Averaging 56FPS in the open world in Kabuki and City Center on a 3080Ti.

I did as well, but the screen tearing has been practically eliminated. I restarted my PC after roll back and the hitches I was experiencing are gone at the moment. Averaging 56FPS in the open world in Kabuki and City Center on a 3080Ti.

Unfortunately my old 6700k is getting me 29 fps sometimes when crowded. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

Looks way better on PC - very solid and sharp but I have hit on FPS and its lagging a lot when opening map for a first couple of seconds.

Yeah i noticed this. Opening char creation too. Its seriously an issue now.

Last edited:
HDR was perfect for me before 1.5 now it's too damn dark. Even the non-HDR version it's too damn dark. I have an LG C9. I was using 750 nits, 300 paper white, and 2.2 tone mapping midpoint, and the game looks fantastic. Booted 1.5, and now everything is too dim. Raised paper white to the max (500) barely light enough. That's very unfortunate.

HDR was perfect for me before 1.5 now it's too damn dark. Even the non-HDR version it's too damn dark. I have an LG C9. I was using 750 nits, 300 paper white, and 2.2 tone mapping midpoint, and the game looks fantastic. Booted 1.5, and now everything is too dim. Raised paper white to the max (500) barely light enough. That's very unfortunate.

Its your TV. LG OLEDS darks are very, well, dark. The game looks beautiful in my HDR monitor or my SONY OLED, definetively more vivid.

Last edited:
- Performance is better and more stable than before
Unfortunately it's the opposite for me. Before the patch I basically hit a rock solid 60fps.
Now I'm in the mid to low 50s in quite a lot of places with identical settings.
The game definitely does look better now though.

Last edited:
@BabaBooey88 Thanks for doing this analysis, it looks interesting :)

For me it seems like the patch does take a hit on performance, but I will test it again in the coming days.

Idk what to think about this,i wanted 2 things "transmog system for clothes and maybe game +" thats all.So for me this is simply disappointment.All other things are cool,but look in this game is huge for me.I dont want look like moron from asylum becouse i have to use items with highest armor stats.I dont get it why they simply ignore people what want this in game,im pretty sure that im not alone.So we wait half year to get green markers on map and shiny wheels.Dont get me wrong i gonna play it but im not happy at all.
People want different things and while and nobody is forcing you to look like a moron from an asylum. My V actually wears fitting clothes and I'm playing on the highest difficulty setting w/o any problems.

Likewise, many people wish for NG+ but there are also those who love these new changes.

HDR was not working perfectly before because it was broken. This can be proven and I hope the current HDR implementation did fix these issues. Note please that I'm not arguing that you found the old HDR more pleasing, I do however argue that HDR was not working properly.

Ray-traced reflections seem bugged on my system.

With
with RTX reflections.jpg

Without
without RTX reflections.jpg

Also weird bright flash upon exiting the map
exiting map.jpg

I'm very glad that the next gen patch hasn't been irrelevant for the PC version. I almost thought we would be doomed. :coolstory:
There are even some PC-specific changes, which we love to see!

That being said, those glowing tattoo sleeves are definitely a bug. There's basically no shadow on her tattoos. There's also no shadow at her armpit:

Have you tried removing all mods and/or tweaks?

@moderators, maybe move to Technical\PC ?

Ray-traced reflections seem bugged on my system.

With
View attachment 11281159

Without
View attachment 11281162

Also weird bright flash upon exiting the map
View attachment 11281165
Oof. What's your resolution and DLSS setting? That looks blurrier than it did at launch. The bloom is something that will take a while to solve apparently. That's RT loading in and being antagonized by the game's exposure adaptation.
Post automatically merged:

I'm very glad that the next gen patch hasn't been irrelevant for the PC version. I almost thought we would be doomed. :coolstory:

That being said, those glowing tattoo sleeves are definitely a bug. There's basically no shadow on her tattoos. There's also no shadow at her armpit:

Of course, no mods at the moment. As for the shadow - That may be more correct. There's a lot of light from different angles coming in right there. Overall RT is more visibly present, we're talking scenes in 1.31 were it was practically invisible to them looking almost like Metro Enhanced, but you don't have the solid deep AO that's out of place like 1.31.. at least not as much. Hopefully that means we won't be seeing any of this anymore.
20220215021325_1.jpg
20220210194847_1.jpg

Last edited:
3080 and 11700k here. I can no longer run it with the raytracing at Psycho or DLSS quality at 1440p and keep the fps at 60, but it does look a lot better. But at least they added the DLSS sharpness slider so now even Balanced can look good.

4k, settings are maxed out, DLSS on performance, clean install. Haven't experienced it prior the patch.
I haven't seen anything like that on my end, but I also haven't had rain pop up. They've certainly changed the weather variables because I've had two sandstorms so far...never had that happen in any previous release, ever. How does it look with DLSS sharpening? If I see this I'll share my findings. That does look pretty bad, especially at 4K. Ouch.

Playing on a series s and i love how everything looks now.

I know i don't get the full visual upgrade but pleased any way

Just installed. DLSS at (just over) 1080p actually looks almost identical to the raw, non DLSS output now apart from a few antialiasing issues on closely spaced straight lines. That is a real achievement given that at that resolution it looked like *£#! before. Well done.

+ heat shimmer from bike exhaust. I LOVE this.

PS EXCEPT that DLSS looks WAY too soft in the mirror. My poor, beautiful V.

Last edited:

You are correct! My apologies. Earlier I thought you were speaking about the AO not being present, but indeed; she isn't casting shadows at all! I'll need to check out the scene again later, as I would guess it's because there's one of those light/shadow occlusion boxes now clipping into the scene. I'm noticing some other issues as well.

Now the AO is more tightly restricted by the presence of cast shadows. It was of course before mind you, but it would appear the introduction of RT Local Shadows may be fiddling with how AO is regulated. Lights that don't have shadow casting turned on completely break RTAO, meaning assets all over the place are 'hovering' at night. When riding with Dex, AO isn't preset in the moments of a strong ambient light.

My current guess as to what's happening in this instance; The car must be in sunlight so the vehicle can cast a shadows on itself because vehicles have occlusion boxes inside of them. So if the vehicle is in the cast shadow of another objects, or perhaps this is Dex scene specific, the RT is broken because of how it's currently being regulated...Maybe. Anyway - This effect in Dex's car is exacerbated by there being a strong, cool light they have attached to the vehicle to simulate ambient sky lighting...

Eyes still glow with RT turned on, that being said... the rendering has so greatly improved that in lots of moments RT lighting is even less attractive than before when all things are considered. Some moments are still a dramatic change(sometimes welcome, sometimes...invasive), but not as much as before. SSAO and diffuse lighting appearances have been considerably improved. The cost to wowy factor loses balance further when you lose AO completely at come moments - ofcourse it still looks "better" in the most cases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom