PS5 - Unable to get free Upgrade from Disk Version

+
Hello,

I have Cyberpunk Collector's Edition for PS4 with the following CUSA codes:

CUSA-16579 (Play Disc) + CUSA-25194 (Data Disc) (Region 2)

My account is from Portugal which is included in Region 2.

I and several other people from these countries (Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands)
are unable to acquire the upgrade for free and are being forced to pay for it which is unacceptable since this upgrade like you have mentioned several times before was supposed to be free for everyone that acquired either a Digital version or a Physical version.

This is affecting several people who are in the same situation and being reported on Cyberpunk 2077 reddit thread (link below):

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/stcvlm
Can you please help with this issue?

Best regards

For that, it could be better to directly contact the support ;)
(Contact Us button)
I already did :D
But thank for your quick reply
I suppose all people in the same situation need to wait and see if CD Projekt and Sony can fix this issue and also report the situation on the link you provided.
Anyways thank you so much for your help!

Think most in Europe have this problem. I see hundreds of reactions on different gaming websites.
Since one hour ago I could freely upgrade my CULA 16579 version (Dutch and I have a Dutch account). But now it keeps asking for the play disc. It's in my PS5, i can play the PS4 version with it. But not the PS5 version. Simply says insert play disc.

Yeah seems that way. Been trying to find online also if there was already an official answer from CD Projekt but nothing. We have to keep reporting it to support in hopes they will fix it
Post automatically merged:

Think most in Europe have this problem. I see hundreds of reactions on different gaming websites.
Since one hour ago I could freely upgrade my CULA 16579 version (Dutch and I have a Dutch account). But now it keeps asking for the play disc. It's in my PS5, i can play the PS4 version with it. But not the PS5 version. Simply says insert play disc.
Managed to acquire the free upgrade some minutes ago but the odd thing is on PS store it still says the PS5 version can be acquired for 24,99 euros. I am now downloading PS5 version and see if I can actually play it haha

Last edited:
Really annoying, but the most annoying is that both Sony and CDPR are not responding in any way to all the users complaining about this issue. Looking at all the people reacting on it, all of those people bought the disk version in the country they live in and their PSN account is bound to. Next to that, it's highly unlikely that the vendors in those countries ALL imported a wrong version (more likely; they were supplied a wrong version, or they just forgot to bind the CUSA 16579 to the upgrade path).

As title, I have CUSA-16579 which seems to be for the netherland region. My store acount is the netherlands I live in the netherlands and bought the game in the netherlands.

what is the status on this? Support doesn't even send a default reply about my ticket, so as far as I know my support request just ended in a inbox somewhere and doesnt look like I will be replied to.

As title, I have CUSA-16579 which seems to be for the netherland region. My store acount is the netherlands I live in the netherlands and bought the game in the netherlands.

what is the status on this? Support doesn't even send a default reply about my ticket, so as far as I know my support request just ended in a inbox somewhere and doesnt look like I will be replied to.
You will never receive an automated answer from the support. Even if it could take time (maybe even more now... due to the 1.5 release and the PS4 state...), you will receive an answer directly by someone. But I'm quite sure that CDPR work hard on these problems now and I have no doubt that they'll try to solve it as soon as possible.

You will never receive an automated answer from the support. Even if it could take time (maybe even more now... due to the 1.5 release and the PS4 state...), you will receive an answer directly by someone. But I'm quite sure that CDPR work hard on these problems now and I have no doubt that they'll try to solve it as soon as possible.
Pretty vague answer. At least good to know there is no automated response. why though, just a "your ticket has arrived" mssg would go a long way in communicating their desire to fix reported issues.
A lot more then that "LeKill3rFou" on the forum really believes they are working on it.

Would be nice to get some official word on the issues that are presenting themselves after 1.5.

Same here,.. dutch CULA-16579, Dutch account, dutch version, dutch box. ... could update to free version but now keeps asking for the play disc... It's inside the PS5. I can perfectly fine play the PS4 version but thats not what i want :)

FIXED: Need to resotre all licenses and it works.

Last edited:
Pretty vague answer. At least good to know there is no automated response. why though, just a "your ticket has arrived" mssg would go a long way in communicating their desire to fix reported issues.
A lot more then that "LeKill3rFou" on the forum really believes they are working on it.

Would be nice to get some official word on the issues that are presenting themselves after 1.5.
A member who receive an answer by the support, so the support say that they look into the issue ;)
(I imagine if the support answer tickets in order, it can take a good while to respond to all, probably thousands tickets if not more)
Just updating you guys on the ticket I generated yesterday reporting the problem. After being asked for the cusa code and my psn region, the agent contacted me again today and asked for my psn ID and replied that they are looking into the issue. Regarding the region incompatibility issue that you raised I think this is just the cause of people not being able to upgrade to ps5 version, but I'm not so sure if it's also what is causing the problem of corrupting the game on ps4, because the cusa code on my disk is 16596 and my psn is American, both are from the same region and I still have the problem. I also don't believe that this problem affects the save, because the game doesn't even open after the update, and you can also use the ps+ cloud system to re-download some old save

A member who receive an answer by the support, so the support say that they look into the issue ;)
(I imagine if the support answer tickets in order, it can take a good while to respond to all, probably thousands tickets if not more)
You are just repeating yourself at this point.

So I will spell it out for you, you are a random person on the Internet not a authority when it comes to support for this game. It would be knice to get any official reply on any of this.

So next time you post a reply try to get some sources. Not just saying "someone got a reply, so they are working on it".
That is just a silly response.

You are just repeating yourself at this point.

So I will spell it out for you, you are a random person on the Internet not a authority when it comes to support for this game. It would be knice to get any official reply on any of this.

So next time you post a reply try to get some sources. Not just saying "someone got a reply, so they are working on it".
That is just a silly response.
Ok, so wait an answer from the support or an official announcement. Good wait, have a nice day ;)

Same here,.. dutch CULA-16579, Dutch account, dutch version, dutch box. ... could update to free version but now keeps asking for the play disc... It's inside the PS5. I can perfectly fine play the PS4 version but thats not what i want :)

FIXED: Need to resotre all licenses and it works.
Hi, I got the same problem. From Belgium. Can you explain how you fixed it? Restoring all licenses? Thx!

I've been looking into this one as well. it seems that the following countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands (the smaller countries) have recieved: (PlayStation Box Code: CUSA-16579 + CUSA-25194) I got mine from bol.com at launch day (more than a year ago). but those CUSA are for eastern europe region and will not work in western europe. I have several complains/disputes running now:

1. Opened a dispute with bol.com for delivering a game from in the wrong european zone. but as the launch was more than a year ago I probably don't have any rights for a dispute at this point.

2. With Sony for disrupting the European trade region and imposing CRM within the european economic space (which is a violation of european rights). Because lets face it Europe is now divided in Eastern Europe + UK and the Western Europe. <= no reaction yet.

3. With CD project red for "possibly" screwing up the spread of the disks to the retailers and its my impression the smaller countries (see the list above) where just filled up with CUSA disks meant for Eastern europe as they have no native language support on the disk anyway (so why bother right). <= no reaction yet.

The reaction from Bol.com obviously was: "we do not sell games from the wrong region - but will get back to it"

All in all when you have paid the full ammount (retail price) at launch and side aside the game to wait for the patch you are actually skrewed. Its a real same and 3 parties are pointing to eachother.

Update:
Sony responded that they cannot do anything about this problem as they cannot change the CUSA region match and are not in control of the disks. So they pointed me back to ProjectRed as the party who has to fix this. Unfortunately no reaction from ProjectRed on this.

Last edited:
Well after looking around and restoring my licenses for the ps5 I could finally boot up de ps5 upgrade. But now if I try to load my game and import the save from play the ps4 version on the ps5 it gives me a corrupted save file... Help?

From the netherlands, got home and I can download the upgrade! Hopefully I can play it when downloaded, but I'll cross that bridge when I arrive.

Top Bottom