Patch Notes 10.2

+
it's valentine day, will meteorite powder be half price again? <3
Post automatically merged:

I just played ranked 3 matches and forfeited 2 times in r1, that's where this game is to me atm.

Last edited:
Against what deck?
i played MO and mirrored and had bad draws and forfeited a few matches, so i started whining here but then i went back to the game and changed my deck some and then did rank up 1 step on the ladder but then i lost 5 matches in a row and again changed deck with mixed success, still on rank 3 atm, it's just not MO season i guess...maybe i'll change faction for ladder, NR looks strong, SK is an option and NG has a very good deck as well.

i played MO and mirrored and had bad draws and forfeited a few matches, so i started whining here but then i went back to the game and changed my deck some and then did rank up 1 step on the ladder but then i lost 5 matches in a row and again changed deck with mixed success, still on rank 3 atm, it's just not MO season i guess...maybe i'll change faction for ladder, NR looks strong, SK is an option and NG has a very good deck as well.
SY midrange jackpot is still a thing, despite the nerf.

Also, sy off books midrange is pretty good too (i am playing more off books - since i want to complete the master contract - and is performing very well, i think even better than jackpot, at least for me).

SK has the "normal" alchemy druid deck. The sigvald crazy 100+ points alchemy, selfdamage and, of course, pirates.

NR has inspired mages, inspired siege and stockpile siege.

For me those are the best decks.

Also we still have some NG good decks, like assimilate thing, the "status" deck with ball, clog, hyperthin and mill.

SC has some good combinations, almost all of them involving saskia.

MO - pffff - nothing. ...oh,wait, MO has the meme vampires fleders spawn, the meme triple gernichora and the old kelly/ciri thing, wich is laughtable in this meta

Playing as MO, there is no tools against new trash in Patch 10.2, still only old crippled Imlerith Wrath is a joke, the Imlerith itself is outdated.
Vampires are whipping boys who are beaten by everyone in da face, they are being thrown by lock abuse, poison and other removers.
Non Devo MO is worst thing to play, but there is no other way atm.
Gerni is garbage in new Patch since there is too many DD potential.
As i mentioned in almost any post, MO lacks synergy,removers,alternative cards to play non Devotion, what can I say there needs a complete rebalancing/rework.

Playing as MO, there is no tools against new trash in Patch 10.2, still only old crippled Imlerith Wrath is a joke, the Imlerith itself is outdated.
Vampires are whipping boys who are beaten by everyone in da face, they are being thrown by lock abuse, poison and other removers.
Non Devo MO is worst thing to play, but there is no other way atm.
Gerni is garbage in new Patch since there is too many DD potential.
As i mentioned in almost any post, MO lacks synergy,removers,alternative cards to play non Devotion, what can I say there needs a complete rebalancing/rework.
yes, the only deck that was cool to play and you think you were actually playing monster were the old relict deck (the rest its just a mix betwen neutrals and some gold monster and leaders). Despite the old relict was tier 1 i still dont think it deserves all the nerf it had. For me if they back self eater to 6 power it would be good and i dont think the deck would be so op (or the card itself)

I am very surprised to have seen no comments on what appears to me to be one of the most broken deck types I have seen since I started playing Gwent over two years ago. Perhaps I am not playing at a level where the deck is effectively handled; perhaps the problem is that one of the big combos is still being played as a greedy / all-in meme instead of a tool in a consistent deck.

I have found that an SK battle trance deck with a balance of big threats — Knut/ Sigvald, Dracoturtle (also great with Mardrome), Arnaghad (another excellent Mardrome target), Melusine (massive carryover and self-damage engine), Artis (alternative trigger for Sigvald and self/damage-removal engine), Vidkarl and other self damage cards together with Sigrdrifa’s Rite and Fucusya to replay threats and Bride of the Sea (to replay Mardrome if not Sigrdrifa) has so many huge threats as to be almost uncounterable. And my version is far from optimized.

Is there a reason Sigvald is not now a major balance problem?

rrc

Forum veteran
SC has some good combinations, almost all of them involving saskia.
What good combinations ST has? ST has the same deck it has been having for more than 6 months. Symbiosis is the only viable deck and that falls flat against any SK and SY decks. The same Symbiosis with one or two cards changed for the top end gold. This is the only thing ST has ever had in sooooo long. Yes, it had GT for one month. If any ST deck gets as good as the SK decks, it gets nerfed to death.

Lets not pretend that ST has many combinations. Symbiosis with Oak, Symbiosis without Oak, Symbiosis with Etrial+Maruga, Symbiosis without Etrial+Maruga, Symbiosis with Shaping Nature, Symbiosis without Shaping Nature. This is not "good combinations" at all.

Once in a while someone pissed with all the greedy non-sense that is happening might go for no unit PS or Traps PS and quickly realise that no amount of control is good enough to control all the greed happening and then switch back to Symbiosis or some other factions. The big revamp ST had was couple of bronzes on Handbuff which was played for 2 weeks and then vanished.

Who wants to bet that CDPR will buff Warriors to be playable and competitive before they touch any ST dead archetypes like Elves, Dwarfs, or Harmony? SK had Alchemy, Rain, and Pirates and yet the have got the 4th deck playable with Self-Wound. Meanwhile ST has been playing Symbiosis for many many months. Next patch surely MO will get Wild Hunt or Vampire buffs and ST will get couple of dead cards playable without touching the archetype they are supposed to help.

:shrug::giveup:

Lets not pretend that ST has many combinations. Symbiosis with Oak, Symbiosis without Oak, Symbiosis with Etrial+Maruga, Symbiosis without Etrial+Maruga, Symbiosis with Shaping Nature, Symbiosis without Shaping Nature. This is not "good combinations" at all.
I think Symbiosis is too common among ST players - should get a nerf :cool:

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I am very surprised to have seen no comments on what appears to me to be one of the most broken deck types I have seen since I started playing Gwent over two years ago. Perhaps I am not playing at a level where the deck is effectively handled; perhaps the problem is that one of the big combos is still being played as a greedy / all-in meme instead of a tool in a consistent deck.

I have found that an SK battle trance deck with a balance of big threats — Knut/ Sigvald, Dracoturtle (also great with Mardrome), Arnaghad (another excellent Mardrome target), Melusine (massive carryover and self-damage engine), Artis (alternative trigger for Sigvald and self/damage-removal engine), Vidkarl and other self damage cards together with Sigrdrifa’s Rite and Fucusya to replay threats and Bride of the Sea (to replay Mardrome if not Sigrdrifa) has so many huge threats as to be almost uncounterable. And my version is far from optimized.

Is there a reason Sigvald is not now a major balance problem?
People seem to put SK as very strong in the meta, probably T1 but not game breaking.

I have a question though, since I see him more often, how do you counter Arnaghad? What is the order that actions are taken, when I play a unit that places a lock on him, will he get the lock first, or destory the unit first?

People seem to put SK as very strong in the meta, probably T1 but not game breaking.

I have a question though, since I see him more often, how do you counter Arnaghad? What is the order that actions are taken, when I play a unit that places a lock on him, will he get the lock first, or destory the unit first?
Deploy happens first before other abilities of the cards that are on the board already.
He’ll be locked, no damage would be dealt after that lock.

Deploy happens first before other abilities of the cards that are on the board already.
He’ll be locked, no damage would be dealt after that lock.
Thanks! That makes sense, so deploy would go before him and order with zeal after. What about SY Tribute abilites, does count as deploy I would assume?

What good combinations ST has? ST has the same deck it has been having for more than 6 months. Symbiosis is the only viable deck and that falls flat against any SK and SY decks. The same Symbiosis with one or two cards changed for the top end gold. This is the only thing ST has ever had in sooooo long. Yes, it had GT for one month. If any ST deck gets as good as the SK decks, it gets nerfed to death.

Once in a while someone pissed with all the greedy non-sense that is happening might go for no unit PS or Traps PS and quickly realise that no amount of control is good enough to control all the greed happening and then switch back to Symbiosis or some other factions. The big revamp ST had was couple of bronzes on Handbuff which was played for 2 weeks and then vanished.

Who wants to bet that CDPR will buff Warriors to be playable and competitive before they touch any ST dead archetypes like Elves, Dwarfs, or Harmony? SK had Alchemy, Rain, and Pirates and yet the have got the 4th deck playable with Self-Wound. Meanwhile ST has been playing Symbiosis for many many months. Next patch surely MO will get Wild Hunt or Vampire buffs and ST will get couple of dead cards playable without touching the archetype they are supposed to help.

Yeah, I had myself a bit of laugh when I read that, too, but then maybe from MO perspective it's true (though I always seem to lose to Vampires).

The things is, Symbiosis isn't even good anymore, either. It WAS good there for a couple of months, famously the ONLY good ST deck, but that was too much to handle, so they nerfed it once, nerfed it twice, and now it's no longer relevant. It just can't hang, Oak or no Oak. Then, of course, there was Milva for one month. So very OP. Not to mention popular. Had to be put down. I'm glad I didn't pay any money for that card, lmao.

I played pretty much every conceivable ST archtype this season, and they are all weak. It's been a while since ST was this blatantly uncompetitive against the meta across the board.

Good old harmony...:sad:Even if they put Mystic Echo back, it would still be weak.
Hehe, I managed to get to pro rank this season with Harmony, by cutting out Waters AND Saskia, but that was probably mostly because all of the siege and jackpot decks have moved on through the ranks by then. It was a nostalgic sort of fun to play it. Once there, though, that deck just gets rolled.

Well, i will anser your post with some simple things.

I have put SC almost in the bottom, just a little better than MO. So yes, SC has some good combinations, almost all of them incluiding saskia, the rest its just shit. But even that, i think its better than MO, just that.

So, after all, i agree with you, SC its bad in this season

Yeah, I had myself a bit of laugh when I read that, too, but then maybe from MO perspective it's true (though I always seem to lose to Vampires).

The things is, Symbiosis isn't even good anymore, either. It WAS good there for a couple of months, famously the ONLY good ST deck, but that was too much to handle, so they nerfed it once, nerfed it twice, and now it's no longer relevant. It just can't hang, Oak or no Oak. Then, of course, there was Milva for one month. So very OP. Not to mention popular. Had to be put down. I'm glad I didn't pay any money for that card, lmao.

I played pretty much every conceivable ST archtype this season, and they are all weak. It's been a while since ST was this blatantly uncompetitive against the meta across the board.
Yes, in MO perspective. I just want to say MO is trash, but SC is it too, i know

Syndicate needs to be f**ckin nerfed... It is just impossible that you receive coins with every damned move and can turn the tide of batte even with 1 card at a low provision cost...

I think Van Moorlehem servant is pretty strong now compared to 4 provision cost.

Last edited:
Top Bottom