Language pack issue

+
Language pack issue

Hey everyone,

Having an issue with language pack (does not contain russian language) that was available for the country that I currently live in (Ireland). Im playing on PS5. I've completed the game in english and want to replay it in russian once the PS5 version comes out.
Any suggestions - what I can do ? Is there an option to purchase language packs separately for PS5 version of the game ?

Cheers,

Language pack issue

Hey everyone,

Having an issue with language pack (does not contain russian language) that was available for the country that I currently live in (Ireland). Im playing on PS5. I've completed the game in english and want to replay it in russian once the PS5 version comes out.
Any suggestions - what I can do ? Is there an option to purchase language packs separately for PS5 version of the game ?

Cheers,
Honeslty, I don't think so, unfortunately. Even less on console versions :(

Weird, on "physical" copy in Ireland, you can have Russian on it :(
These countries may carry different disc versions with different languages, check with your vendor which disc version they have in stock
Includes: Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, The Netherlands
DISC
VO - English, Russian, Polish
Text - Russian, Czech, Hungarian, English, Polish, Arabic, Turkish
DIGITAL and some DISC
VO - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean
Text - English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Korean

Indeed.
So far the only way I can see is to create a new PSN account with a Russian Region and buy an update for CP2077 for 1600 rubles (which is like 20 eur)

Actually I live in Norway and I don’t find any disc version with Arabic language and I hope I can find Arabic language with PS5 version

Actually I live in Norway and I don’t find any disc version with Arabic language and I hope I can find Arabic language with PS5 version
"Maybe" the best could be to buy on the PS Store and not a physical copy :(
I suppose that the games are installed with (at least) the "langague pack" used by the console (if available).

Last edited:

Hey! I bought the game on a European account (I live in Finland) and would like to ask if there will be a patch with the Russian language for ps5 like the Witcher 3? It was very convenient to download the add-on and play in your native language.

I bought the german blu-ray version of the game in 2020, but the disc did not contain the hungarian subtitle for the game. Because I wanted to play the game on my native language, last year I've ordered the game again from the UK (CUSA 16579), while the german PSN Store version also not contains the hungarian subtitle, and i live in Germany and I have a german account.

I was happy, but i'am waiting very very patiently for the nextgen version, the finalized game. Now finally I've got the free PS5 upgrade, i"ve downloaded the whole game again.

If I start the PS4 version, i can play with hungarian subtitles, but if i start the PS5 version, the hungarian localization miss!!!

I bought the german blu-ray version of the game in 2020, but the disc did not contain the hungarian subtitle for the game. Because I wanted to play the game on my native language, last year I've ordered the game again from the UK (CUSA 16579), while the german PSN Store version also not contains the hungarian subtitle, and i live in Germany and I have a german account.

I was happy, but i'am waiting very very patiently for the nextgen version, the finalized game. Now finally I've got the free PS5 upgrade, i"ve downloaded the whole game again.

If I start the PS4 version, i can play with hungarian subtitles, but if i start the PS5 version, the hungarian localization miss!!!
From what I understand, you install the PS5 version from the german account/store, so hungarian is not included in the PS5 version :(

From what I understand, you install the PS5 version from the german account/store, so hungarian is not included in the PS5 version :(
Yep. But korean and brasilian portuges languages are included in the german store...

I don"t understand the logic behind this whole localization/language suckings. If I pay the price, why can"t choose freely between the available voice acts and subtitles from all over the world? If I want to play with russian voice act with japanase subtitles or italian voice act with dutch subtitles, why don't they let me do???

I've deleted both version of the game, I made a hungarian PSN account, and I try to download again whit this account.

If you have disc and account on the same localisation, it's all good (if not, you won't be able to install the update)
Thanks to Sony CUSA code (but it's the same for Microsoft I suppose, maybe a little less restrictive).

It works! I made a Hungarian profil (what fits for the disc's CUSA code), I upgraded to the PS5 version, I deleted and downloaded the game from the Hungarian store again. After that I signed out with my "temporary" Hungarian account, I signed in with my "normal" German account and finally I can play the game in my native language. It can be done simply, why complicate it too much?

Unfortunately I can"t choose German or other EU (e.g.: French, Spanish, Italian) voice act, in addition to English, only Russian and Polish are available. (and Arab, Turkish subtitle...which are not even the official languages of the European Union.)
This is a serious violation of my rights as an EU citizen. While as a Western European citizen I am free to choose from several languages, as an Eastern European second-class citizen I am not. It’s like not making it available in Spanish in the USA.

Thanks CDPR...

It works! I made a Hungarian profil (what fits for the disc's CUSA code), I upgraded to the PS5 version, I deleted and downloaded the game from the Hungarian store again. After that I signed out with my "temporary" Hungarian account, I signed in with my "normal" German account and finally I can play the game in my native language. It can be done simply, why complicate it too much?

Unfortunately I can"t choose German or other EU (e.g.: French, Spanish, Italian) voice act, in addition to English, only Russian and Polish are available. (and Arab, Turkish subtitle...which are not even the official languages of the European Union.)
This is a serious violation of my rights as an EU citizen. While as a Western European citizen I am free to choose from several languages, as an Eastern European second-class citizen I am not. It’s like not making it available in Spanish in the USA.

Thanks CDPR...
Nice ;)
I don't really think it was a CDPR decision. Maybe more a mix between "localisation" code by Sony (quite the same for MS I suppose) and most speaked languages in this localisation, which could probably end with wierd "language packs".
Honestly, make all langagues (voiced & Subtitles) available as downloadable contents could be the best (like every one have the base game in original version, i.e Polish. And then everone can choose to download whatever he want in a list for subtitles and voiced languages). But we could dream I suppose... :)

Hey CP Projekt Red, maybe you can offer different VO's / language packs as optional DLC (like for Witcher 3)?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks CDPR...
Thanks for the solution, it worked also for me (GER BD version). Unfortunately the save games are not compatible. :(
So if I want to play the game in russian I have to start all over again.
Well maybe for the second run then.
Or CDPR will offer the language packs as DLC.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have the same issue. I bought the GOTY version on the Italian ps store but I need the compatible Russian language pack. I created a Polish account but it seems I have to buy the game again there.
It's my right to play in whatever language I prefer. Can somebody help me please?

Hello,
I have the same issue. I bought the GOTY version on the Italian ps store but I need the compatible Russian language pack. I created a Polish account but it seems I have to buy the game again there.
It's my right to play in whatever language I prefer. Can somebody help me please?
It's usual (on console at least) that each "zone" only provide "specific" languages to limit the size of the games (audio files are quite heavy, so instead of about 60GB for Cyberpunk in this case, it would end with +100/150 GB).
So I could suggest to contact either the Playstation support, either CDPR support :

On a side note, I imagine that you bought the game on the italian ps store because CDPR's games are no longer available on the russian stores... So it could be a little bit more complicated in this case :(

Thanks for the answer. I just noticed that I wrote in the wrong thread since my problem is with The Witcher 3.
It seems that there's no solution and I have to buy the standard edition which has a Russian language pack.
...they forgot to create such language pack for the Goty version 🙁

A solution that allow me to not buy something that I already paid for would be very appreciated

Thanks for the answer. I just noticed that I wrote in the wrong thread since my problem is with The Witcher 3.
It seems that there's no solution and I have to buy the standard edition which has a Russian language pack.

A solution that allow me to not buy something that I already paid for would be very appreciated
Maybe worth try to contact both support anyway ;)
Yep, the link for TW3 support (Playstation)

Hi! I also faced the same problem. I bought goty (didn't know that the versions were different) at a discount, I thought that the language pack would work fine. But no :(
Please tell me how did you solve this problem?

I have the PS4 version of the game with Hungarian language support on the disc. If I upgrade to the PS5 version with my German account from the German Store, the Hungarian language disappears, but if I upgrade with my Hungarian account from the Hungarian Store, it remains.

If I buy Phantom Liberty in the German Store (where the Hungarian language is not available), can I play the expansion in Hungarian with my Hungarian account?

I have the PS4 version of the game with Hungarian language support on the disc. If I upgrade to the PS5 version with my German account from the German Store, the Hungarian language disappears, but if I upgrade with my Hungarian account from the Hungarian Store, it remains.

If I buy Phantom Liberty in the German Store (where the Hungarian language is not available), can I play the expansion in Hungarian with my Hungarian account?
Take it with a grain of salt because I could be wrong, but I guess if you install the expansion from the german store, the hungarian language won't be installed and unavailable for Phantom Liberty (like for the base game).

Top Bottom