Crafting and upgrading advice

+

Guest 4419821

Hi

I have just started and I need to understand the crafting and upgrading a bit better, so early game I get to my apartment and then I go to wilsons for a free pistol, forgot the name of it now but it was an iconic pistol I think.

In the crafting menus I noticed I had the option to craft the pistol again (think to a better version) or I could upgrade it.

This is where I was bit unsure, I had enough components to craft or upgrade, so is it better to craft to a better tier/class of the same pistol or just upgrade the pistol I got free from Wilsons gun store?

Thanks

Hi,
with higher V's lvl you will get weapons (or clothes) with better stats. 1.5 also added different mechanism how are upgraded items which were granted to V as bonus. There you for sure will want create/craft "actual" new version because V's lvl determines stats for crafted item.

For example shirts added on play start have armour 9, but if you will craft the same shirt on V's lvl 30, you will have on the same shirt armor 100+ and this is really huge difference (especially with all armour changes coming in 1.5). Upgrades are ok for lets say 5-8 V's lvls, if you advance more, then is imo better craft new version and this one upgrade (it will cost you also much less materials, because with newly created item you will start upgrades from "0").

Last edited:

Guest 4419821

Hi,
with higher lvl you will get weapon (or clothes) with better stats. 1.5 also added different mechanism how are upgraded items which were granted to V as bonus. There you for sure will want create/craft "actual" new version because V's lvl determines stats for crafted item.

For example shirts added on start have armour 9, but if you will craft the same shirt on lvl 30, you will have armor there 100+ and this is really huge difference (especially with all armour changes coming in 1.5). Upgrades are ok for lets say 5-8 V's lvls, if you advance more, then is imo better craft new version and this one upgrade (it will cost you also much less materials, because with new item you will start upgrades from "0").

Thanks, so to be clear, at the start early levels say 1-8 its best to upgrade, and after as level up more it's better to craft. Or are you saying its better to upgrade a new weapon for 5-8 levels of V and after I have levelled a lot more its best to just craft.

So the pistol I just got for free, it's best to just upgrade it for now, and perhaps when I reach say level 10 or so, crafting that pistol is better.

Hi

I have just started and I need to understand the crafting and upgrading a bit better, so early game I get to my apartment and then I go to wilsons for a free pistol, forgot the name of it now but it was an iconic pistol I think.

In the crafting menus I noticed I had the option to craft the pistol again (think to a better version) or I could upgrade it.

This is where I was bit unsure, I had enough components to craft or upgrade, so is it better to craft to a better tier/class of the same pistol or just upgrade the pistol I got free from Wilsons gun store?

Thanks
If you upgrade, the stats of the weapons (damages, bonus,...) are increased but not the quality nor the number of mod slot.
For example, the gun from Wilson 'Dying Night), you can keep it in green (uncommon) and upgrade until the level 50. But it will stay in uncommon version so no additional "bonus" and above all no mod slot.
If you craft a better version, so in blue (rare), the stats and bonus will be increased (once), but the gun will gain another bonus (like crit chance, crit damages, ricochet bonus,...) and above all a mod slot. And now, you can continue to upgrade it at each level to increase its stats and bonus.

For know :
Each upgrade cost more than the previous (more you upgrade a gun, more components it cost, but more crafting xp you earn).
Recraft a better version reset the "upgrading" cost.

My advice, keep upgrading your weapons, but craft a better version when you have enough components to do it and to upgrade the next levels (rare gun cost rare components to upgrade, epic weapon cost epic components to upgrade).
In short, if you do it without enough components, yes you will have a nice "blue" gun, but you will be unable to upgrade it the next time you level up.

For Dying Night (wilson gun) upgrade it in "green" for now, and when you will have enough rare components, re-craft it in "rare" version. Then upgrade it, and when you will have enough epic components, re-craft it in epic version. (nd the same for legendary).

Not sure if it's clear :)

Guest 4419821

If you upgrade, the stats of the weapons (damages, bonus,...) are increased but not the quality nor the number of mod slot.
For example, the gun from Wilson 'Dying Night), you can keep it in green (uncommon) and upgrade until the level 50. But it will stay in uncommon version so no additional "bonus" and above all no mod slot.
If you craft a better version, so in blue (rare), the stats and bonus will be increased (once), but the gun will gain another bonus (like crit chance, crit damages, ricochet bonus,...) and above all a mod slot. And now, you can continue to upgrade it at each level to increase its stats and bonus.

For know :
Each upgrade cost more than the previous (more you upgrade a gun, more components it cost, but more crafting xp you earn).
Recraft a better version reset the "upgrading" cost.

My advice, keep upgrading your weapons, but craft a better version when you have enough components to do it and to upgrade the next levels (rare gun cost rare components to upgrade, epic weapon cost epic components to upgrade).
In short, if you do it without enough components, yes you will have a nice "blue" gun, but you will be unable to upgrade it the next time you level up.

For Dying Night (wilson gun) upgrade it in "green" for now, and when you will have enough rare components, re-craft it in "rare" version. Then upgrade it, and when you will have enough epic components, re-craft it in epic version. (nd the same for legendary).

Not sure if it's clear :)

Thanks, that clear.

Does Vs level have any effect on stats of weapons, for example does a pistols stats level up along with Vs level, or are they completely separate?
What the other guy said, sounded like Vs level has an effect on the stats of weapons.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, that clear.

Does Vs level have any effect on stats of weapons, for example does a pistols stats level up along with Vs level, or are they completely separate?
What the other guy said, sounded like Vs level has an effect on the stats of weapons.

Hope that makes sense.
Nope only the level of the item have an impact (V have, but just only because you can only upgrade/craft an item at V's level).
So at the same level, a common gun will deal the same damage than a legendary one.
But the legendary one will have more mod slots and more additional bonus (but it will cost rare, epic and legendary components to upgrade).

And the "upgrade cost" is set at the moment where you loot/craft an item.
So :
A common gun looted at level 5 will cost the same amount of components to upgrade at level 6 than a common gun looted at level 45 to upgrade at level 46.
To follow the example, this common gun looted at level 5 upgraded to level 46 will deal the same damages than the one looted at level 45 (and upgraded at level 46). But it will cost an insane amount of components to upgrade (each upgrade cost more and it's exponential...).

Last edited:
In earlier patches if my V was going to be a techy, I wouldn't have problems upgrading the quality of iconic weapons if I had the initial blueprint for it (the Dying night didn't have for example, you always needed the previous weapon to upgrade to next quality). In Dying Night's case I prefered to upgrade in green until my character was at a certain level before upgrading quality because it received a big upgrade in dps and you can't roll back quality or craft a new one from scratch. So if I wanted to keep that gun relevant until tge end of the game I'd think long term. But then when realizing the game would get easy after a certain level I stoped dping this also, after level 20 I prefered not to upgrade anything/pick weapons from the floor but maybe now on 1.5 I can get back to enjoy crafting longer

Top Bottom