PS5 save file corrupted

+
Hi,

I played this game on release on my PS4 pro and when I got the new PS5 in januari 2021 I played Cyberpunk once on it. After playing it once on PS5 I deleted the game (not the save files) to create space on the SSD. Today I downloaded the new PS5 version of the game.

When I started the game the ‘load game’ part was empty. So I pressed square to import my save files. But now it says that I have a corrupted PS4 save file on my PS5 (see attached file).

Is there anyway to continue playing my PS4 save file (that worked on my PS5 last year on the pre 1.5 build)? I don’t want to start all over again as I finished the main story and wanted to try out the next gen version on my existing save file.

Attachments

• 7D177025-F419-4F95-BA1B-4BBD0D860C34.jpeg
    7D177025-F419-4F95-BA1B-4BBD0D860C34.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
For now, Playstation "stuff" seem to be quite "broken".
Maybe better to report it to the support (Contact Us button) and wait for an update (and keep your save preciously, it shouldn't really be corrupted).

Hi,

I played this game on release on my PS4 pro and when I got the new PS5 in januari 2021 I played Cyberpunk once on it. After playing it once on PS5 I deleted the game (not the save files) to create space on the SSD. Today I downloaded the new PS5 version of the game.

When I started the game the ‘load game’ part was empty. So I pressed square to import my save files. But now it says that I have a corrupted PS4 save file on my PS5 (see attached file).

Is there anyway to continue playing my PS4 save file (that worked on my PS5 last year on the pre 1.5 build)? I don’t want to start all over again as I finished the main story and wanted to try out the next gen version on my existing save file.
Same problem here... If you find a solution. Let me know :)

Hi Mitch,

I found a fix on youtube and it worked! It takes some time tough ( because you need to install the old PS4 version). I deleted the corrupt save file on the PS5 version, so it was completely empty. Than I installed the PS4 version on my device as well. So now I had both versions on my PS5.

I booted up the PS4 version and it worked fine and showed all my save files. I than loaded my save and played around for like 1 minute. Than I saved my game and below on the screen it showed me the option to export my save file. Pressed the button, quitted the PS4 version and and booted up the PS5 version.

Back in the PS5 version I could now succesfully import my save file. I do believe you can only import 1 save file and not all of them. So I used my most recent save file. After this you can delete the PS4 version to free up some space again on the SSD.

I hope this works for you as well! :D

Attachments

• 964D8950-C00C-4246-B5C9-BA6345C46EDB.jpeg
    964D8950-C00C-4246-B5C9-BA6345C46EDB.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 110
For now, Playstation "stuff" seem to be quite "broken".
Maybe better to report it to the support (Contact Us button) and wait for an update (and keep your save preciously, it shouldn't really be corrupted).
This is pointless. They won't respond.

This is pointless. They won't respond.
They will, but not as quick as you maybe expect, but I can assure, they will respond. I received an answer for all my reports, sometimes the day later, sometimes a week later and sometimes more... The days after the release of a big update, it's totally useless to think that you will receive an answer directly after sending a ticket...
(Provide an answer to thousands reports in one day is almost impossible...)

They will, but not as quick as you maybe expect, but I can assure, they will.
(Provide an answer to thousands reports in one day is almost impossible...)
Making a statement admitting your mistake and giving a time window for the fix on the other hand, is pretty easy.

Making a statement admitting your mistake and giving a time window for the fix on the other hand, is pretty easy.
Yep, but write manually an answer to thousands and thousands report in two days is not that easy.
Giving a time window when you don't know how/why it happen, it seem even less easy.
Apologize about something that is maybe not your fault is also not a good idea (until you really know you're the cause of the problem). Like I said, it could also be Sony... (for now, we don't know).
But I will avoid to argue with you more. Seem useless ;)

Yep, but write manually an answer to thousands and thousands report in two days is not that easy.
Giving a time window when you don't know how/why it happen, it seem even less easy.
Apologize about something that is maybe not your fault is also not a good idea (until you really know you're the cause of the problem). Like I said, it could also be Sony... (for now, we don't know).
But I will avoid to argue with you more. Seem useless ;)
Was this an argument?

So color me this. Why aren't they warning people to not buy the PS4 disc version at this point?

And it's definitely CDPR's fault. Normally you would test a patch completely before releasing it.

And it's definitely CDPR's fault. Normally you would test a patch completely before releasing it.
Last post with you ;)
The patch work, because it's the same as the digital version. The installation or the verifcation of the game don't (which happen each time that you launch a game to verifying if it's an official game or if there is an update available).

Hi i have a problem too with one save ps5 , my corpo save lv 13 get the same time played of my nomad 50 fully trophy / mapp clean, if i do a new save with my corpo, the time played stay like the time nomad ... but it's not very important ;)

Top Bottom