Ludonarrative dissonance

+
This is Jackie and V's goal from the beginning and why they're doing all of the side content that is 90% of the game. What's the point of accumulating Eddies if you're going to be dead in a month?
Just a joke, but in my current playthrough in 1.5 (very hard and just after Playing for time), no good weapons, no good armors/clothes, no cars, no cyberwares and not too much eddies (so almost nothing)
> to not be dead today or tomorow and maybe have chance to find a way :cool:
Post automatically merged:

More seriously, it's the question : If you will die "soon" what do you want to do ? Stay closed at home in a hole and wait until your death sadly or try to live as best as you can ?

Last edited:
I was going to edit my post about that :D
For some it could be earning a bunch of eddies, for others it could be driving insane cars, for others it could be fighting gonks with no fear, for others it could be bying apartments...
...and apparently for others it also could be joytoys (y)

Oddly, I'm not kidding when I say one of the biggest issues of the game up until this point was the fact that you didn't have stuff you could buy and that was a reason why the game suffered a bit in roleplaying. I remember SAINTS ROW 2 of all things and GRAND THEFT AUTO IV where part of the "rise to power" was acquiring increasingly nice home bases that you could build up.

Symbolically in Saints Row, your nightclub went from being a hovel underground into an incredibly hot nightclub drenched in your gang colors.

The Rogue/Go it Alone Endings have you have a mansion but you can't appreciate it because it's only in the endgame.

Oddly, I'm not kidding when I say one of the biggest issues of the game up until this point was the fact that you didn't have stuff you could buy and that was a reason why the game suffered a bit in roleplaying. I remember SAINTS ROW 2 of all things and GRAND THEFT AUTO IV where part of the "rise to power" was acquiring increasingly nice home bases that you could build up.

Symbolically in Saints Row, your nightclub went from being a hovel underground into an incredibly hot nightclub drenched in your gang colors.

The Rogue/Go it Alone Endings have you have a mansion but you can't appreciate it because it's only in the endgame.
Like I say in other threads, this patch is the one where we clearly see that features can be added.
But now, maybe they will add somes contents in each patch (it a huge step if you ask me^^).

On a side note, in the Sun ending, V is damn rich... V travel from the penthouse to the AfterLife in a Delamain flying AV... (so in the "story", it make sense that you can't acquire this luxious penthouse before).

Like I say in other threads, this patch is the one where we clearly see that features can be added.
But now, maybe they will add somes contents in each patch (it a huge step if you ask me^^).

On a side note, in the Sun ending, V is damn rich... V travel from the penthouse to the AfterLife in a Delamain flying AV... (so in the "story", it make sense that you can't acquire this luxious penthouse before).
what i dont like about it is that you cant keep it. The return too the PONR is a real breaker for me. Id rather just keep going after and keep what i earned during the ending(would also be better for playtimes, since you cant do all endings on 1 char.).

mind you, it opens the question of "How did you get rich?"

My theory is either Rogue left you her fortune (maybe in the sense you found her vault o cash in the back of Afterlife) or Alt Left a 100,000,000 eddies in your bank account.

mind you, it opens the question of "How did you get rich?"

My theory is either Rogue left you her fortune (maybe in the sense you found her vault o cash in the back of Afterlife) or Alt Left a 100,000,000 eddies in your bank account.
What I suppose (only a guess), it's Rogue let to V the AfterLife, the penthouse (plus the key to go on the AfterLife roof) and all her contacts, jobs and mercs. With that, V could make money very easily.
Her bank account, I suppose she let that to her son ;)
what i dont like about it is that you cant keep it. The return too the PONR is a real breaker for me. Id rather just keep going after and keep what i earned during the ending(would also be better for playtimes, since you cant do all endings on 1 char.).
Yep I don't understand too.
Even with no PONR, nothing prevent me to save before to take the elevator and complete all the endings anyway :)

What I suppose (only a guess), it's Rogue let to V the AfterLife, the penthouse (plus the key to go on the AfterLife roof) and all her contacts, jobs and mercs. With that, V could make money very easily.
Her bank account, I suppose she let that to her son ;)

Yep I don't understand too.
Even with no PONR, nothing prevent me to save before to take the elevator and complete all the endings anyway :)

Yeah, before the apartments, my biggest hope was they'd redo the penthouse so you could buy it in-game for 100K Eddies.

Also, is it just me or did they add a elevator to the garage below Megabuilding 1?

Was it just there and I didn't notice it?

Last edited:
I can't said, I never took a look on it :(

I only found out about its existence because some of the Fixers gave me cars that were waiting for me down there.

EDIT:

I also think getting rid of like 90% of the junk items scattered around and "trash loot" also adds to the storytelling of Cyberpunk 2077.

Things that Make Sense:

"V stealing fat rolls of cash and drugs [med kits] from dead gangsters."

Things that Do Not Make Sense:

"V stealing coffee cups and hamburgers presumably partially eaten by the people he's just murdered like a deranged homeless woman."

Its one of the resons i think that the Expansions will happend midgame. So you cant have the house and all the cash. Or if you go nomad you leave the city. Or your just dead :D

I do think the Crystal Palace is so heavily foreshadowed that it has to be set there.

Yeah, before the apartments, my biggest hope was they'd redo the penthouse so you could buy it in-game for 100K Eddies.

Also, is it just me or did they add a elevator to the garage below Megabuilding 1?

Was it just there and I didn't notice it?

It was always there. You can also access the garages of some buildings from the highway.
It is assumed that after "destroying" the Arasaka tower for the second time you are a living legend and have done much higher profile jobs that's why you are a millionaire.
Especially in the ending where you enter shooting alone through the front door...

Would it have been so that V didn't have only a month or so to live, it would have made the game and story very different.

For the sake of keeping JS. Let's say the devs at the very least wanted to keep JS, then instead of it being V who got the chip it would have been Jackie. And you now would have seen Jackie shortly start changing and that imo would have been a more interesting approach. Especially if your choices WITH Jackie would have had different results.

And you would have still been allowed to keep the same overall story arch, plus you would have ACTUALLY formed a friendship with Jackie.

But I guess that would have made it so that you never saw what JS looked like and never seen Keanu Reeves beautiful face. I still think to some degree that was at least the initial sketch, but because the devs wanted you to see JS they just offed Jackie. The thing is, up to that point when you wake up with JS in your head, the story was actually interesting in multiple other ways than just "who is JS".

Would it have been so that V didn't have only a month or so to live, it would have made the game and story very different.

I'm not mocking you but that's a bit like saying, "If the Galactic Empire didn't exist then Star Wars sure would be different."

I mean, yes, it's the plot.

It also runs into the fact that if the player character doesn't care about Jackie Wells then the story doesn't exist the way you describe it. It's one of the things I still see in a lot of Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 discussions. They're annoyed the game insists they care about their closest biological relatives. I assume the reason they made YOU dying is because, "Not dying" is a primal universal motivation.

As I have already said in other posts, Viktor is a neighborhood doctor, who runs his clinic in the back of an esoteric shop, perhaps he made a mistake with the date XD.

As I have already said in other posts, Viktor is a neighborhood doctor, who runs his clinic in the back of an esoteric shop, perhaps he made a mistake with the date XD.

Eh, I have the headcanon that V finishes the game with SECONDS to live in the Alt-Cunningham endings. They're dying at the foot of Mikoshi.

So you can do it all in a few weeks.

I have a much bigger issue for all that effort for six months extra time.

I 100% think 1.5 has gone a long way to correcting the problem with, "Why is V beating to death people with a bat for money when he's dying?"
I'm simply never going to agree with the idea that making NC more immersive solves the problem that an immersive NC is at odds with the game's plot

The frustrating thing is these little additions are things I'd love to see if the game wasn't about a doomed protagonist with less than a month to live

I'm simply never going to agree with the idea that making NC more immersive solves the problem that an immersive NC is at odds with the game's plot
Every players don't have the same feeling :)
In RDR2, Arthur is about to die, but I can go playing poker, hunt for better stuff, fishing for... (no reason^^)
In ME1, I can explore many planet (for find rare minerals^^) and doing random quests when I know that I have to join Ilos urgently for stopping Saren.
I can continue, but that's the idea.

Top Bottom