Could not Xbox one X; and PS4 pro run the crowd update and the "secret"?

+
Both these machines are more powerfull than their core versions; yes its "old gen" but these machines are not the same.
My computer died a few weeks ago; and I cannot play my favorite game with new features is depressing.

Surerly these upgraded machines could recieve a patch themself to run these features?
I assume the ray tracing is unable to take effect of course; but a crowd AI update? that makes no sense.
Please bring this to devs if possible; or make it visible; would be incredible to play this with all features.
And with the "secrets" that I miss out on also just makes it more sad :(

the secret I dont know; but the update itself; the crowd Ai; can easely run on these upgraded machines. They should not affect like the core machines.

I wish they were more specific as to why old gen can't run it. I mean, the "secrets" can't be that demanding? Full disclosure, I have a ps5.

the secret I dont know; but the update itself; the crowd Ai; can easely run on these upgraded machines. They should not affect like the core machines.
This is one of the features I wanted implemented from the start and I still have a tiny faith they implement it on medium gen consoles but they've come out to say (about old gen in general) it would not be possible. I understand why this feature is heavy. not only do the spawn npc have more data attached to them (some will be these disguised enemies with weapons and abilities; and if combat starts trhough town it will employ all these abilities in conjunction with the other AI features that we do have (so 1 npc draws a weapon back on us, scares a driver that drives off and runs over 3 pedestrians, cops join in...

I understand why this feature is heavy. not only do the spawn npc have more data attached to them (some will be these disguised enemies with weapons and abilities; and if combat starts trhough town it will employ all these abilities in conjunction with the other AI features that we do have (so 1 npc draws a weapon back on us, scares a driver that drives off and runs over 3 pedestrians, cops join in...
Yep it's totally that, it's start with you aiming a single civilian and it finish with a big mess (cops/hostiles civilians/passive civilians who run away/cars who crush into others cars...). Like in the Stream 1.5 :D

Unfortunate, but like you say it seem to be a little thing at first, but it's a lot a little things who work together and finish by become too "greedy". There is no point to implement a feature who could end with <5 FPS (or a crash) by only aiming a civilian.
On why not on XB1x nor PS4 Pro ? It's just a guess, but I think there no real difference in game version (it's the same version on Xbox). On Xbox, the only difference is that somes games include 4K HDR, that's all.

Unfortunate, but like you say it seem to be a little thing at first, but it's a lot a little things who work together and finish by become too "greedy". There is no point to implement a feature who could end with <5 FPS (or a crash) by only aiming a civilian.
On why not on XB1x nor PS4 Pro ? It's just a guess, but I think there no real difference in game version (it's the same version on Xbox). On Xbox, the only difference is that somes games include 4K HDR, that's all.
I know the why but it's disapointing none the less. And if the XB1x or PS4 Pro can do it, I hope they make a separate version sometime in the future

I know the why but it's disapointing none the less. And if the XB1x or PS4 Pro can do it, I hope they make a separate version sometime in the future
Yep we can hope :)
But at least I never see something like that in the past on my XB1x (a special feature only available for XB1x and not for base XB1).
All I saw was : Optimized for XB1x > run better, load faster and incredible visuals in 4K Ultra HDR.

This is one of the features I wanted implemented from the start and I still have a tiny faith they implement it on medium gen consoles but they've come out to say (about old gen in general) it would not be possible. I understand why this feature is heavy. not only do the spawn npc have more data attached to them (some will be these disguised enemies with weapons and abilities; and if combat starts trhough town it will employ all these abilities in conjunction with the other AI features that we do have (so 1 npc draws a weapon back on us, scares a driver that drives off and runs over 3 pedestrians, cops join in...
I would assume that this is a good reason yes; but the xbox one X and Ps4 Pro; runs this game REALLY fluently; I dont expect it to be affected in a heavy way; of course I dont know if the devs testet this; or if the problem is more seperating xbox one X content from a normal xbox and such.

I would assume that this is a good reason yes; but the xbox one X and Ps4 Pro; runs this game REALLY fluently; I dont expect it to be affected in a heavy way; of course I dont know if the devs testet this; or if the problem is more seperating xbox one X content from a normal xbox and such.
Hum, I played on both (XB1x and Series X) and it's like Night and Day :(
The HDD on XB1x (not every players want/can add an SSD, so the game must run on HDD) is already a huge limitation to performance.
And yeah, I don't know if Microsoft allow to provide different version (other than the 4K) for XB1 and XB1x. If Microsoft is against two different version, there is absolutely no chance...

The HDD on XB1x (not every players want/can add an SSD, so the game must run on HDD) is already a huge limitation to performance.
And yeah, I don't know if Microsoft allow to provide different version (other than the 4K) for XB1 and XB1x. If Microsoft is against two different version, there is absolutely no chance...
I seen both; but night and day they dont feel, its quite similar.

are you playing on the 1.51? Is the optimization a lot better? And the graphics? did they take a hit for you?
Post automatically merged:

if the medium gen could handle it they could put this as an optional feature to toggle. Maybe there would even be a way to not allow it to turn on on base consoles if it could be dangerous to them

about the surprises
Has noone come across "situations" in the city? cops arresting people, AVs doing crazy stuff...?

Last edited:
I seen both; but night and day they dont feel, its quite similar.
Both you mean : Series X and XB1x ?
If yes, it's day and night. Simply loading time are divided by 10 easily (the first sentences of the loading screens are not finished that I can push on B button). And performances... no comparaison (I love my XB1x, play a lot on it, but she will stay in its box for sure).
And if you mean XB1x and XB1 (normal which I also have), not as much about performances but able to play in 4K HDR make a big difference (RDR2 on my XB1x and my XB1 is not the same game).

if the medium gen could handle it they could put this as an optional feature to toggle. Maybe there would even be a way to not allow it to turn on on base consoles if it could be dangerous to them
I only suppose that if it was possible, CDPR would add it :(
A little bit like 60FPS on Serie S. CDPR will try, but as it's written, they can't guarantee that it will be possible.

Last edited:
Both you mean : Series X and XB1x ?
If yes, it's day and night. Simply loading time are divided by 10 easily (the first sentences of the loading screens are not finished that I can push on B button). And performances... no comparaison (I love my XB1x, play a lot on it, but she will stay in its box for sure).
And if you mean XB1x and XB1 (normal which I also have), not as much about performances but able to play in 4K HDR make a big difference (RDR2 on my XB1x and my XB1 is not the same game).

I only suppose that if it was possible, CDPR would add it :(
A little bit like 60FPS on Serie S. CDPR will try, but as it's written, they can't guarantee that it will be possible.
No I know. We'll see how it goes. It's disappointing and there's no escaping that. I'm a big fan of the game and especially of what I believe their vision for the game is, that was cut-short on release. I see them now rebuilding in all the good directions (including story reinforcement in places that I also believe might take place) but where I play won't keep up with this full vision.

Top Bottom