Materials and Money

+
I see that with 1.5 they fixed the exploit to earn more materials from create/destroy stuff like maxdoc, emp granade, ozob nose etc....that should be correct in a balanced game except cyberpunk is FAR from it. The "economy balanced" is a bullshit tbh...the money reward in this game is ludicrous, the amount of stuff to buy is insane, prices are insane too, and mostly and more important the activities are LIMITED. You CAN'T FARM in this game and finally on top of all that there isn't even a new game f....ing plus, so you can't restart to finish what you left incomplete. So cheers to have fixed the "bug" so now you can feel the cyberpunk experience at his 20/30% cause you just can't buy cyberware, cars, upgrades or craft your weapons and gear without cheating or until someone find another exploit like the canvas one.

No problem with money nor component on my side (at least since they lower down component price by ten).
And at the end (level 40+), weapons are a great source of money. Each weapons can be sold for about 1K-1.5K eddies. So with a full inventory, you can emptying many drop points (or at least one many times in a row^^)

I see that with 1.5 they fixed the exploit to earn more materials from create/destroy stuff like maxdoc, emp granade, ozob nose etc....that should be correct in a balanced game except cyberpunk is FAR from it. The "economy balanced" is a bullshit tbh...the money reward in this game is ludicrous, the amount of stuff to buy is insane, prices are insane too, and mostly and more important the activities are LIMITED. You CAN'T FARM in this game and finally on top of all that there isn't even a new game f....ing plus, so you can't restart to finish what you left incomplete. So cheers to have fixed the "bug" so now you can feel the cyberpunk experience at his 20/30% cause you just can't buy cyberware, cars, upgrades or craft your weapons and gear without cheating or until someone find another exploit like the canvas one.
I get plenty of credits for hacking access points and there are decent rewards from the side missions and ncpd crimes too. Never been a fan of exploits and I'm glad they've got rid them. You should have to earn your stuff

I get plenty of credits for hacking access points and there are decent rewards from the side missions and ncpd crimes too. Never been a fan of exploits and I'm glad they've got rid them. You should have to earn your stuff
except you can't... Not with this setup. Not everybody have invested in int and can hack terminals. Also you speak to "earn your stuff" while build int are totally broken. I made 3 run always with int and you can completely wipe full areas while hiding in stealth miles away. I decided to avoid int with this new run for this exact reason. Legendary ping, legendary poison, boom, map clean. I just want to play with some challenge and farm credits and mats but there is no such option

I made 3 run always with int and you can completely wipe full areas while hiding in stealth miles away.
Since the netrunner "nerf", now you also can't (or not in stealth).
(maybe you haven't play since a while, because Ping can no longer allow any QH through walls^^)

Anyway, I never "cheated" and always finish my playthroughs with more than 1.5 millions of eddies, spend hundreds K eddies for clothes/weapons/components, buy all the cyberwares possible (with my skills) and most of the cars (but 1.5 millions is enough to buy them all anyway).

But everyone is free to do like he want, so feel free to use cheat > CyberEngine Tweak (CET) and you're good to go (y)

except you can't... Not with this setup. Not everybody have invested in int and can hack terminals. Also you speak to "earn your stuff" while build int are totally broken. I made 3 run always with int and you can completely wipe full areas while hiding in stealth miles away. I decided to avoid int with this new run for this exact reason. Legendary ping, legendary poison, boom, map clean. I just want to play with some challenge and farm credits and mats but there is no such option
I don't go over the top net runner, just enough to be able to hack terminals and turrets and cameras. There are games where I've felt the need to grind or farm, but this isn't one of them.

I agree with the op that the price of weapons and some clothes is up the roof for no special reason (+30.000 eddies). I think that the idea of the stores is precisely to be able to equip oneself/ try new stuff without many complications.
And not all weapons give 1.5k when sold, most enemies carry weapons of 300 or 600 eddies. (Im 50/50, endgame).

I agree with the op that the price of weapons and some clothes is up the roof for no special reason (+30.000 eddies). I think that the idea of the stores is precisely to be able to equip oneself/ try new stuff without many complications.
And not all weapons give 1.5k when sold, most enemies carry weapons of 300 or 600 eddies. (Im 50/50, endgame).
Not all, knives don't indeed but around 1K on average. Anyway, you really think that you don't earn enough money in the game ?
I'd just started in 1.5, level 20, legendary Cyberdeck, Legendary Camo, Reinforced Tendons and about 150K eddies (I haven't completed any GIG nor main mission after Playing For Time). I didn't sell any item except the "jewelry" (new name for valuable junk) and acohol. In my opinion (which is only mine), money is really not a problem at all in this game.

Yep economy is still BS, and IMO it's worst because there's less to pick up in the world and sell after the 1.5 update. They say they increased pay outs. But from what I've seen so far, most pay outs are still less than 10K and prices of gear and weapons are still exorbitant. V is suppose to be a merc for hire, why is he getting paid in pennies?

Not all, knives don't indeed but around 1K on average. Anyway, you really think that you don't earn enough money in the game ?
I'd just started in 1.5, level 20, legendary Cyberdeck, Legendary Camo, Reinforced Tendons and about 150K eddies (I haven't completed any GIG nor main mission after Playing For Time). I didn't sell any item except the "jewelry" (new name for valuable junk) and acohol. In my opinion (which is only mine), money is really not a problem at all in this game.
Really I don't know what game are you playing. Right now I am lvl 28 with the new playthrough. The average pay from an item sold is 300. I have 35000 eddies and i wear rags, white/green cyberware, not a single legendary, not even weapons, and only useful weapon I have I had to craft it and the mats to craft I had to buy dispite i invested lot of perks in crafting to destroy and have mats in return. Never bought a single vehicle, I have made tons of gigs, side jobs, police call and little street turf (or whatever the name is) infact despite I'm lvl 28 I have already 45 street cred, but no money and mats.
I will download cyber engine for sure, even just cause they had the brilliant idea to raise the characteristics point required for many weapons but didn't think to give them back for a redistribution. Not a big deal for me and the others who already made 3 full run. Without a Ng+ the char is now useless since there's nothing left to do but you know...I guess someone was still playing
Post automatically merged:

Also, last thing to add for the "balancing" sake. I have max perk in workshop/mechanic to salvage stuff, do you now how many epic components i get when i salvage an epic item? One. One single fleabag mat. I can't imagine what i get without perks..a kick in the teeth i guess. Do you know how many are needed to craft a weapon? I mean with the perk to reduce the mats needed obviously. Around 30. And we all know that epic and legendary items doesn't exactly raining from the sky.

Last edited:
Also, last thing to add for the "balancing" sake. I have max perk in workshop/mechanic to salvage stuff, do you now how many epic components i get when i salvage an epic item? One.
I think the game expects you to buy your components from shops...at least if they haven't changed it with patch 1.5 they are cheap there. As for breaking stuff for components - maybe in the beginning when you are poor and when you are high level (and have the perk if it is still in the game) to get mods.

Really I don't know what game are you playing. Right now I am lvl 28 with the new playthrough. The average pay from an item sold is 300. I have 35000 eddies and i wear rags, white/green cyberware, not a single legendary, not even weapons, and only useful weapon I have I had to craft it and the mats to craft I had to buy dispite i invested lot of perks in crafting to destroy and have mats in return. Never bought a single vehicle, I have made tons of gigs, side jobs, police call and little street turf (or whatever the name is) infact despite I'm lvl 28 I have already 45 street cred, but no money and mats.
NCPD Scanner Hustles - Really easy money (and free loots/cyberwares), that's my "main" income for now.
And for components, I buy all the rare, epic, legendary that I need (150 rare > about 1.5K eddies, 150 epic > 3K max, 150 legendary > 5-6K). I dismantle too, but mostly you get a bunch of common and uncommon (better to buy the other).

But I wonder, because Cyberpunk is a game where I don't feel like I'm ever short of money (unlike many of other games).
Post automatically merged:

As you can see on my "fresh 1.5" character, I'm not poor, I have money, good cyberwares, good weapons and a bunch of components, (at least enough for upgrade my weapons for a good while). My money take a hit because I bought a bunch of rare components (the most used generally) some crafting specs and apartments but hey... And yes, I look "crappy", but I never expect look "good" before level 30-34 when you unlock epic clothes in shops and be able to wear all the legendary unic clothes.
21-02-2022_12-04-35-5at1i4hh.png21-02-2022_12-05-11-ghkkwcun.png

Last edited:
I found a way for making infinite money. Legendary Yukimura require very low components and have a vendor value of 2700. So, go to a vendor buy all the mats you can, craft the guns, sell the guns until the vendor has no money, skip time, repeat. This method will get money, mats and craft XP.
You need a vendor with orange, purple, and blue. Green/white aren't needed to craft that specific gun

I've always made more than enough eddies just by playing the game. I'm lvl 27 now.. Just dropped 150k on the bike (the yellow one that costs something like 100k) I wanted, some recipes I will never use because I got to get them all and all the mats the teller had in stock and still have 30k left over.

I have an int of 3 and sandevistan so absolutely zero hacking, I've really only cleared out watson and maybe half of japantown and now considering choring through the main quest lines and maybe finish when I am lvl 40. I am on very hard. It really is not that difficult. I am now running around with a fully upgraded psalm 112 MG, I'll play with that and upgrade it for a few levels until I think it is too expensive and then likely switch to fenrir or buzzsaw for a few levels which should last me until around lvl 35 and I start on the legendary crafting.

I had no problems buying out every component from stores. On early levels, like pre-Konpekki you can dismantle gear as it's low value but after that vendoring everything is way better while component are way cheaper.

They fixed the price spread between clothing based on slot - previously things like head or boots could be nearly free, now it's more in line. For some reason Kiroshi mods sell for 10x what other mods sell - 700ish instead of 70ish. So you can mass craft them for profit I guess.

Also if you drive (mostly at night) in some districts and farm spawned gang members you will get quite a lot of generic loot. At 50 it will be for a level 50 character so usually quite profitable to sell :) Generic mobs still respawn but it requires greater distance to trigger it as well. Arasaka warehouse also respawns, just saying ;)

And with armor mod slots limited you often can use epic or even rare gear. If an item has it own bonus like netrunner clothing for netrunning then it will use one of it mod slots so such legendary clothing piece may be inferior to clothing without unique bonus but extra mod slot. Some unique bonuses may be sometimes handy like pants with carry weight increase :D

You just need to invest in a few points for Intelligence OR Tech. I always put at least 11 points into tech (so 14 total) and that's an infinite eddies source and I believe you can get a large amount of eddies with just 7 total intelligence. If you've somehow managed a build without either of these two entire skill chains getting so few points then I suppose eddies will be tougher to come by if you intend to buy everything in the game (I don't think it's possible, actually).

But if you just want to get the stuff you need (i.e. not all the vehicles, which is really only practical if you use tech to make eddies infinitely imo) then there's enough eddies if all you do is just complete every NPCD scanner and job available. Easily. And that was me playing by never selling anything I looted (I always dismtanled it for crafting). If you're not tech based, you just sell everything and you'll make tons of eddies that way too.

The main thing a couple players here don't appear to know yet is the sale value of stuff goes up as your street cred goes up. A pistol I used to sell for eddies was about 750 per but it's now over 1000 as I have gained a number of levels since.

The only reason you needed exploits was to buy everything. You don't need to buy everything. That said, if you do want to buy everything then just put 11 points into tech, get all the relevant perks and off you go: As many eddies as you desire.

Top Bottom