Suggestion for Bullet Ricochet

+
I realize this skill isn't something used at all by most players and part of the reason is it just takes too many tries to hit a target and then if they move you have to do this all over again. There's no easy way to balance this without it feeling like a smart gun so my these are my suggestions to make this somewhat more playable but not OP:

1. You have to first tag the target - this is necessary to add some level of difficulty vs a smart gun where you can just aim and shoot or even see targets through a wall. It's still possible with a tech build but most likely you won't be dumping points into intelligence if you are going for tech.

2. Once the player finds a path that does hit the target, highlight this path and 2 others based on the number of ricochets. So for example I find that sweet spot and hit the target but two other path now become visible and the arrows now change color and you can switch between these to hit the target from multiple angles:

Red - 1 ricochet: 100% accuracy but damage is reduced by 50%
Orange - 2 ricochet: 75% accuracy but damage is reduced by 25%
Purple - 3 ricochet: 50% accuracy but damage is 100%

If the target moves then you already have them tagged so you skip that but you'll need to find the path to hit them again. I'm using a tech build on my 3rd playthrough now and my main weapon is a handgun with ricochet but I often just get frustrated and switch to shooting the target through the object just because it takes too long.

Last edited:
I played a little with ricochet, and if I remember, the first "red line" always aim (or almost) an enemy available (even if the ricochet trajectory seem very weird). I had only to aim the ground for example, and I could kill an enemy from a corner without any line of sight :)

And honestly it was quite fun, my best one (not possible now in 1.5).
Trajectory : the ground (news paper) > the chair > the wall and finally the dude :D
(don't loke the red trajectory, as soon as the chair was broken, it's "glitch"^^)

I played a little with ricochet, and if I remember, the first "red line" always aim (or almost) an enemy available (even if the ricochet trajectory seem very weird). I had only to aim the ground for example, and I could kill an enemy from a corner without any line of sight :)

And honestly it was quite fun, my best one (not possible now in 1.5).
Trajectory : the ground (news paper) > the chair > the wall and finally the dude :D
(don't loke the red trajectory, as soon as the chair was broken, it's "glitch"^^)
yea there are points where you can get a clear shot but then there are others where you'd empty an entire clip and not hit anything. At the same time if you're in close proximity you can just aim at the ground and just unload on them but at that point you may as well just aim at the target, it's very weird how they have it now. It's either OP or it misses completely, I think this should be focused more on strategic play for those that don't want to go in guns blazing

yea there are points where you can get a clear shot but then there are others where you'd empty an entire clip and not hit anything. At the same time if you're in close proximity you can just aim at the ground and just unload on them but at that point you may as well just aim at the target, it's very weird how they have it now. It's either OP or it misses completely, I think this should be focused more on strategic play for those that don't want to go in guns blazing
I didn't try in 1.5 yet (and with silencer, no ricochet now...)
But I will for sure :)

Top Bottom