Well done CDPR!

+
I was one of your more vocal critics not only because of how the game released but also because I believed you guys when you spoke. In anticipation of Cyberpunk 2077 I bought a new PS4 Pro and a new Samsung 2.5 GB SSD a few months before release and I sold my near perfect PS4.

This comment from me is for the first time I can say that the ice around my cold heart for you has thinned out. I reinstalled the game and I'm actually enjoying myself for the first time. I'll concede that I'm part of the tough to please crowd but I am who I am. Also, criticism from me is to the best of my ability out of respect.

In keeping with that principle, since my experience of the game is now remarkably better, that could only happened if you guys did your part and I would be a hypocrite, at least in my own eyes if I didn't acknowledge your efforts and accomplishments.

Finally, I don't know where the discussion is on the topic of a third person mode these days but if you guys were to add a 3rd person mode as a show of good will to the people, then for me at least all would be forgiven and all the ice will be gone. I'm sure many others would be thrilled as well.

Either way, sincerely well done improving the game. Please, keep up the good work.

Respect for your comment!

The devs have been quite explicit about this. They have said publicly that they are aware of the desire, but they will not be implementing a third-person mode. I think you should pin your hopes on the TPP mod.

To be fair, they have been adding features that people have wanted.

We'll have a NG+ and transmog mode at some point.

Who knows what else might gappen.

The game has definitely made massive improvements in many areas. I just hope that it continues to be something they continue to build and improve on. There is still a lot of room for improvement besides throwing extra storyline/weapons/clothes in.

As for the 'player', the tendency is not to change. This change would mess up Cyberpunk 2077 a lot internally. It involves mechanics that already work well for 1st person. The mechanics involve from coding to a whole - vast - set of animations.

But those who want 3rd person can and should be happy, there is a mod made by someone extremely competent in the area called TPP. Except in fight situations and some more sparse animations (like jumping a fence) it works very well and has a complex animation system. Walk, run, jump, crouch - considered the 'base', so to speak, of 3rd party games. And it does this without 'curling' the legs. Here comes a system of bones and 'rig'.

For those who like 3rd, TPP is very good - I like it and use it in certain occasions, like walking, running around town. The immersion, for me, is huge.

For combat situations, speaking of TPP, that would require much more, besides the animations, to rework the model itself to prepare it for these animations and I, in particular, don't know how this 'model' was made (base, bones , rig, IK, etc) in Cyberpunk. But, of the future, nobody knows.

I'm 'picky' about animation, I'm a 'perfectionist' and I really like TPP.

well done? really?

the game is still filled with bugs now.
I think people have much more level-headed expectations now and just a solid work done makes them happy. I seriously doubt people would've been this positive on launch if CDPR delivered 1.5 quality back then.

They still have many things to fix and they shouldn't stop on patch 1.5. But they addressed the most glaring problems and requests as far as I can tell.

Agreed, as a 50 yo life-long cyberpunk lover, I'm living a dream playing Cyberpunk 2077 and being a tourist in Night City.

Another well done from me…
Been waiting over a year to play this game.

I intentionally waited until enough bugs were sorted out to launch a native PS5 version.

This game is awesome!

The level of detail is incredible. From advertising to NPC dialogue, plot, acting and characters.. all brilliant.

It’s fun and I am totally drawn in to Night City in all its artistic glory.
I can’t say that I have ever walked between missions in any game, ever.

I found myself even looking at the wall artwork in Lizzie’s.

Additionally, I’m compelled to read all the messages and journal entries. The intriguing story combined with stunning visuals is compelling.
I’m happy to be able to save the game, turn it off and come back exactly where I left off. It allows me to look forward to playing and enjoy all the detail at my own pace, in my own time.
So far… truely brilliant guys!

A shame you had a rough launch for what is a truely amazing game 👏

I am going to activate the feedback option. This is a brilliantly designed game worthy of development.

well done? really?

the game is still filled with bugs now.

i mean, it's gone from 19,999,999 bugs to 90,000 bugs which is about average for a big open world release. It may not be anywhere close to perfect but it is MASSIVELY improved and you can give props for the effort. A lot of the quest progression and elements like the romances as well as Fixers no longer feel QUITE so abrupt in their endings.

So it is a measurably improved game.

I think it's better to acknowledge the effort than not as it lets us know we appreciate it.

As for the 'player', the tendency is not to change. This change would mess up Cyberpunk 2077 a lot internally. It involves mechanics that already work well for 1st person. The mechanics involve from coding to a whole - vast - set of animations.

But those who want 3rd person can and should be happy, there is a mod made by someone extremely competent in the area called TPP. Except in fight situations and some more sparse animations (like jumping a fence) it works very well and has a complex animation system. Walk, run, jump, crouch - considered the 'base', so to speak, of 3rd party games. And it does this without 'curling' the legs. Here comes a system of bones and 'rig'.

For those who like 3rd, TPP is very good - I like it and use it in certain occasions, like walking, running around town. The immersion, for me, is huge.

For combat situations, speaking of TPP, that would require much more, besides the animations, to rework the model itself to prepare it for these animations and I, in particular, don't know how this 'model' was made (base, bones , rig, IK, etc) in Cyberpunk. But, of the future, nobody knows.

I'm 'picky' about animation, I'm a 'perfectionist' and I really like TPP.
Third person player model is already there with correct rig. It is the photo mode and inventory model of V. Third person animations for most situations are also already there -> NPCs' animations, they (very probably) use the same rig as photo mode V. The only thing that is missing is to enable or explain to modders how to redirect NPCs' animations to the player character. There are already mods for NPC rigs for the player character, but the PC still uses FPP animations which makes the rig essentially useless.

Third person player model is already there with correct rig. It is the photo mode and inventory model of V. Third person animations for most situations are also already there -> NPCs' animations, they (very probably) use the same rig as photo mode V. The only thing that is missing is to enable or explain to modders how to redirect NPCs' animations to the player character. There are already mods for NPC rigs for the player character, but the PC still uses FPP animations which makes the rig essentially useless.

From a console players perspective, how does a 3rd person mod work with the first person cinematics?

From a console players perspective, how does a 3rd person mod work with the first person cinematics?
I don't think I completely understand your question, but from a technical standpoint, simplified, it just places the camera away from the FPP player model and the mod's script adds the player head to the model. And I think the latest update actually replaces the FPP model with the photo mode model. Animations are obviously unchanged because modders currently do not have excessive control over them.

Top Bottom