New Steam Repository

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't be another rampant speculations thread and as a consequence won't be updated, but I have noticed a new repository on Steam created today. This new repository goes by the name of cdpr_internal_dev0 and I would be quite interested what it is used for...
My guess would be to simplify testing? One branch for the devs to test new features, one branch for the qa to test patches and fixes of the public build? Simpler if those are both on the same system so qa&devs have same reference?

Well,they will keap to update the game...mi consensus is that now,that the game is stable wi will get on free dlc for month and also small patchs...talking becouse of the way CD works with kind of stuff...

My guess would be to simplify testing? One branch for the devs to test new features, one branch for the qa to test patches and fixes of the public build? Simpler if those are both on the same system so qa&devs have same reference?
Possible, although there might be better ways to share the current build of the game. At least Miles mentioned in a podcast once that they have nightlies and that the can very easily test the changes they have made. So, the devs are testing constantly anyway, but then again it might be testing in relation to Steam perhaps?

Well,they will keap to update the game...mi consensus is that now,that the game is stable wi will get on free dlc for month and also small patchs...talking becouse of the way CD works with kind of stuff...
I agree with that notion and I also hope this is true. As others have mentioned a while ago, they wanted to have a big bang in terms of patches and I think 1.5 was this big bang. Because honestly, they would have been able to accomplish all the changes in 1.5 with faster, incremental updates but they chose not to. Now, they might go in the direction of pushing changes as soon as possible, but we should not expect anything as massive as 1.5 anymore. I'm not counting the expansions though, of which I would dare to bet that the first one will arrive in 2021.

Given that one of my hobbies since 2020 seems to be tracking the Steam repositories associated with Cyberpunk 2077 I have noticed the following:
1647375152652.png

When the new repository (cdpr_internal_dev0) was added it was ahead of the testing branch in terms of the build ID. However, today there was a jump where the QA repository got ahead of the dev branch. I assume this could be a sign that the next patch might be imminent and I also think it could be likely that this new patch will include further DLCs.

Given that one of my hobbies since 2020 seems to be tracking the Steam repositories associated with Cyberpunk 2077 I have noticed the following:
View attachment 11292631

When the new repository (cdpr_internal_dev0) was added it was ahead of the testing branch in terms of the build ID. However, today there was a jump where the QA repository got ahead of the dev branch. I assume this could be a sign that the next patch might be imminent and I also think it could be likely that this new patch will include further DLCs.
Thanks for sharing!

However, today there was a jump where the QA repository got ahead of the dev branch.
If it's an incremental build ID and not related to repository state then if they have a lot of dev builds then the next QA build with minor fixes will have a higher build ID but still will be behind vs dev branch in terms of contents.

If it's an incremental build ID and not related to repository state then if they have a lot of dev builds then the next QA build with minor fixes will have a higher build ID but still will be behind vs dev branch in terms of contents.
True, this could also be the case. Given we do not have any insight into CDPR's development style neither possibility can be ruled out. Personally, I still find it noteworthy that QA is suddenly ahead of DEV though, but it might not mean anything in particular.

True, this could also be the case. Given we do not have any insight into CDPR's development style neither possibility can be ruled out. Personally, I still find it noteworthy that QA is suddenly ahead of DEV though, but it might not mean anything in particular.

I know GDC is more of a behind the scenes conference then a E3, but does GDC do reveals every now and then? Cdpr will be talking about Cyberpunk there.

I know GDC is more of a behind the scenes conference then a E3, but does GDC do reveals every now and then? Cdpr will be talking about Cyberpunk there.
I have never seen nor heard of any kind of reveal at GDC. This conference is purely from game developers for game developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom