What do you think of the conversations and moments that are continuously repeated within Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Last night I was able to verify something that is not corrected either, it is the npcs that commit suicide in Night City. It is another animation prepared for us to see.

Some of the times that I have found them walking around the city, I have heard the cry of falling but nobody falls, I look up and see the npc floating in the air.

For some reason it gets stuck on the drop and the sequence doesn't complete. The suicide of the inhabitants of Night city is an interesting detail, but seeing it floating in the air is another punch in the face.

Please need fixing, just like the npcs that we find in the air levitating or those that have half their body stuck inside the floor or the wall. Also very annoying to see two npcs merging.

I think it's good that we talk about these little details that make us all laugh but take away from the realism of the game.
Weird, never see that. But I already see these dudes fall, crash to the ground and go away like if nothing happen :)
Unlike the dialogues, these events only happen one time when you pass nearby.

Weird, never see that. But I already see these dudes fall, crash to the ground and go away like if nothing happen :)
Unlike the dialogues, these events only happen one time when you pass nearby.
certain. Those that fall to the ground disappear instantly. It would be really nice to see the trauma team picking up the body.

These repeated conversations were present in the Witcher 3 as well. Take a walk in Novigrad or in some villages and you'll see a couple of such repeated scenes. I don't think these are placeholders for additional content, it's just CDPR's way of world-building and creating lore background for the game.
It's true though that these are a bit annoying after a while. Just too few were designed, maybe due to lack of time and resources.
If they designed, say, about 100 of such very small conversation scenes triggering around Night City, each only once, it could be enough to fill the space with a sense of a living world for a decent number of gameplay hours. Using some random npc models would help with the time needed for creation of those things. However, there would be quite a significant amount of additional work for dialogues, voice acting and theme concepts for these scenes.
I think they will add at least a couple along with the story DLCs.

Some of those convo's indeed are a bit immersion breaking. Such as those 2 police officers in H10 that continuously discuss 'that incident'
Would be nice to either have some alternate conversations between them.

And there several more of these instances.
Also it would be nice if vendors could have a few different encounter sentences when you visit them from second time onwards.
They either say the same thing or nothing.
Specifically clothing and weapon shops.

There should be 2-3 separate conversations repeated for characters that you pass often such as the police in Building 10. That would help with immersion.

There should be 2-3 separate conversations repeated for characters that you pass often such as the police in Building 10. That would help with immersion.
I agree. And there is, at least, one instance of this inside h10, 2 male npcs (that spawn in different models) siting on a table

I'm not sure if adding 2-3 more conversations to these characters would fix the issue in the long run. After a while you would end up with the same immersion breaking problem, only now instead of one repeated dialogue they would use three. Maybe it would be a semi-fix for the groups placed in less visited areas, but, keeping the example with the two cops in V's megabulding, the ones encountered more frequently would become as annoying as they are right now.
The only, although toilsome, solution would be to create a large number of separate conversation groups which would spawn only once for the player to meet them.

I'm not sure if adding 2-3 more conversations to these characters would fix the issue in the long run. After a while you would end up with the same immersion breaking problem, only now instead of one repeated dialogue they would use three. Maybe it would be a semi-fix for the groups placed in less visited areas, but, keeping the example with the two cops in V's megabulding, the ones encountered more frequently would become as annoying as they are right now.
The only, although toilsome, solution would be to create a large number of separate conversation groups which would spawn only once for the player to meet them.
I don't know if this one time only system works or they would get triggered when the player was racing by and then not come again.
Ideally for me these npcs fixed in popular areas would have like 3 conversations per act; some or all could even amount to a full story. Also not only have more conversations but might help if they despawn more frequently, less npc working hours XD

You might as well miss any other background features from the game world, while racing by. It's on the player how they experience the environment - you can miss a shard, a poster, a tv show, an npc with a visual backstory in some alley, if you for example rush through the game, or just didn't happen to visit this or that particular spot on the map during the whole playthrough. There's a difference of course that these static environment elements would remain there for the entire game while these discussed conversations would trigger only once. But hey, all the more reason to replay the game and be surprised by a random event you haven't seen on your previous playthrough. Besides, these conversations are nothing related to quests, just background "stories". For me, the "only once" mechanic would be actually the impression of a "living" game world.
Each to their own though (y)

"WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CONVERSATIONS AND MOMENTS THAT ARE CONTINUOUSLY REPEATED WITHIN CYBERPUNK 2077?"

Learned to play with it. Could imagine that at some point it is up. But I preferably have repeating NPC text and speeches than absolute silence and nothing there at all.

The issue with that is that you could end up with Elder Scrolls style conversations which, although were random, were known for being completely non-sensical and meaningless. Around 3 small conversations which could rotate is doable and makes the game less immersion shattering.

These interesting conversations could be generated in certain phases of the main story and only if you walk near them, once played they should not be repeated. They would give credibility. If you keep coming back to that place later you can have a variety of 30-40 interesting conversations that are randomly chosen by the system and with random npcs. Cyberpunk 2077 already does it, the npcs that walk or make a pose are different every time you play.

I have noticed that in the Afterlife pub there are many more varied and higher quality meetings and conversations, while in other points of interest they do not exist or are repeated over and over again.

A review and rebalancing of that work would be nice, which is undoubtedly interesting, improves our interest in the life of Night city and would get Cyberpunk 2077 out of the standard of absurd dialogues of npc like Skyrim in many moments.

I'm talking about delving deeper into the life that Night City should have on its own as a megacity.

The issue with that is that you could end up with Elder Scrolls style conversations which, although were random, were known for being completely non-sensical and meaningless. Around 3 small conversations which could rotate is doable and makes the game less immersion shattering.
Well, I didn't say anything about random and non-sensical, nor meaningless conversations, did I? These conversations would need to have certain context, exactly like the ones that already exist. CDPR have proved already that they can create many good quality background stories in the game world, so I'm missing your point. The only problem would be that it would require a lot of work - that's absolutely true. That's why I doubt they would add much of that stuff at any point in the future, although there's a good chance for a couple more with story expansions.
But the concept of adding three repeatable conversations to the same characters wouldn't solve the issue. Sorry, I'm not buying that. Maybe if we enlarged this number to, say, 6, 8, 10? Assuming that you as a player would pass these characters just a couple of times during your playthrough, that would maybe work, in theory.

As for Edler Scrolls, in case of Oblivion I agree, that would be true about these conversations being meanigless and very random. Poor execution for sure. In Skyrim though things were handled quite similar to what we have in CP2077. Certain people in towns have context-based dialogues with each other, but these are repeating themselves very often, although actually less regularly than here in Cyberpunk. I have a fresh memory of this feature, because I've been playing Skyrim again lately.

Post automatically merged:

"WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CONVERSATIONS AND MOMENTS THAT ARE CONTINUOUSLY REPEATED WITHIN CYBERPUNK 2077?"

Learned to play with it. Could imagine that at some point it is up. But I preferably have repeating NPC text and speeches than absolute silence and nothing there at all.
Like I said, each to their own. I liked these conversations for the first time. For the second time it's just artificial and immersion-breaking, more than silent strangers on the street, which are quite often silent in real life too, aren't they?

Last edited:
Very good observation. There shouldn't be any static events. If it's an arrest or crime scene analysis (or anything else generic), it should be timed.

Ideally, there should be a few hundreds of scenes that happen around the city in various (possibly pre-defined) spots at random. For example, some generic arrest. You bump into a scene, but the next time you return to the place, nobody should be there. And there's some random chance a similar scene can be encountered somewhere else in the city. It makes the city feel alive and moving.

Very good observation. There shouldn't be any static events. If it's an arrest or crime scene analysis (or anything else generic), it should be timed.

Ideally, there should be a few hundreds of scenes that happen around the city in various (possibly pre-defined) spots at random. For example, some generic arrest. You bump into a scene, but the next time you return to the place, nobody should be there. And there's some random chance a similar scene can be encountered somewhere else in the city. It makes the city feel alive and moving.
We know they have done such work. Surely you have found an area guarded by police with a dead person on the ground and when you return again they are gone. On the other hand, that same situation with trauma team if it is permanent, they are all the time in the same places without moving. I am sure that there simply has not been time to develop its cycles and activities. It happens with police, trauma team and mad tax. Working on them, their cycles of activity and the interesting conversations scheduled for the npcs is the key to increasing the quality of Night City.

As a fan myself, I don't see these issues as an unsolvable bug. They have already shown that they are capable of improving the game, I simply want our conversations to support them moving forward, everything that is to come can only be better, now they have time and the game is much loved and has incredible potential thanks to the playground they have created. Keep surprising us!!!

It currently has 40,917 concurrent players on Steam, they have doubled their players in 7 days. We are all waiting for your advances and works.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't say anything about random and non-sensical, nor meaningless conversations, did I? These conversations would need to have certain context, exactly like the ones that already exist. CDPR have proved already that they can create many good quality background stories in the game world, so I'm missing your point. The only problem would be that it would require a lot of work - that's absolutely true. That's why I doubt they would add much of that stuff at any point in the future, although there's a good chance for a couple more with story expansions.
But the concept of adding three repeatable conversations to the same characters wouldn't solve the issue. Sorry, I'm not buying that. Maybe if we enlarged this number to, say, 6, 8, 10? Assuming that you as a player would pass these characters just a couple of times during your playthrough, that would maybe work, in theory.

As for Edler Scrolls, in case of Oblivion I agree, that would be true about these conversations being meanigless and very random. Poor execution for sure. In Skyrim though things were handled quite similar to what we have in CP2077. Certain people in towns have context-based dialogues with each other, but these are repeating themselves very often, although actually less regularly than here in Cyberpunk. I have a fresh memory of this feature, because I've been playing Skyrim again lately.

In a perfect world with infinite resources and the game polished in every other way, I could see a huge number of conversations which are marked off never to be heard again once the player has activated them… which I think is what you are suggesting.

This won’t happen in the real world though because CDPR have too many other problems to fix than to voice and reanimate more than 10 different conversations on random NPCs with context, etc… I was trying to provide a realistic and doable solution with the 2-3 revolving conversation idea which is superior and more immersive to the one conversation we have for most NPCs.

I suppose it’s possible to do around 10 very short conversations which is what we see in games like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided which is centred around a small hub area where you are constantly passing the same NPCs.

Some repetitive conversations might be annoying - like famous cops at megabuilding - but I totally understand a limitation of a game. Its just not possible to record thousand dialogue options. But place like V`s home should be done more carefully because its a location that people are going back quite a lot (judging by some dev statements I think that they might underestimate how important apartment will be for players) so probably some extra variations of NPCs talking would be needed in that area.

@outy I think we didn't understand each other maybe. I'm quite certain as well, which I have already stated, that it's rather unlikely that CDPR would be able to undertake such a task - with many additional conversation scenes - due to limited resources, and, like you said, more pressing matters. Theoretically though it would be an ideal solution, or a part of, to make Night City feel more alive.
Sure, 3 revolving conversations for the same character group is better than one, I guess, but it still bears the same fundamental problem: unrealistic repetitiveness. This is only my personal opinion, or preference, but I would rather that those policemen in V's buidling (and any other such group) fell silent after exhausting their lines or just disappeared from the area. Much more realistic than hearing even 4 or 5 same dialogues over and over again. Maybe it would work to some extent in areas visited less frequently, but places like V's megabuilding are not among them.

If we assume that, say, 10 short convos for the same group were created, question is how it would work: in a simple round from convo #1 to #10, or just randomly? #1 to #10 seems safer, at least for a while, if the player doesn't visit the place too often. Random version seems to have a risk of bringing the issue to the table quite fast.

Last edited:
@outy I think we didn't understand each other maybe. I'm quite certain as well, which I have already stated, that it's rather unlikely that CDPR would be able to undertake such a task - with many additional conversation scenes - due to limited resources, and, like you said, more pressing matters. Theoretically though it would be an ideal solution, or a part of, to make Night City feel more alive.
Sure, 3 revolving conversations for the same character group is better than one, I guess, but it still bears the same fundamental problem: unrealistic repetitiveness. This is only my personal opinion, or preference, but I would rather that those policemen in V's buidling (and any other such group) fell silent after exhausting their lines or just disappeared from the area. Much more realistic than hearing even 4 or 5 same dialogues over and over again. Maybe it would work to some extent in areas visited less frequently, but places like V's megabuilding are not among them.

If we assume that, say, 10 short convos for the same group were created, question is how it would work: in a simple round from convo #1 to #10, or just randomly? #1 to #10 seems safer, at least for a while, if the player doesn't visit the place too often. Random version seems to have a risk of bringing the issue to the table quite fast.

I would say that a potential solution could be that the player experiences one conversation which is triggered at a certain point during the story arc then never repeated again.

An example could be that the first of 5 conversations would be triggered at the prologue when you first experience exiting V’s megabuilding. The second would be after Jackie’s death. The third could be after you meet the Aldecados, and so on…

The only jarring and noticeable conversational loop is the two cops in V’s megabuilding. There are probably several more NPCs that require more lines but those cops sure stick out like a sore thumb.

I roleplay so I end up in V’s apartment a lot and come across those cops constantly which is a little annoying.

It is ironic that the ES and Bethesda's Fallout game engine actually had "controls" or "flags" in the dialoged system to prevent that IF the Dev had taken the time to set the controls up for each NPC. There were dozens of controls, some included things like time of day, events that happen in the game, a flag that only allowed the dialog to be said only once, what location the NPC was in, who the NPC could see in the area and what other NPC were doing ALL KINDS of controls. But setting them up to be clever for each NPC would have been a lot of work.

Bethesda did in fact set some up as I have described, mostly important NPC and some companions.
And normally any mod made companion the mod maker would have all this set up as well.

Hopefully CDPR has similar controls in their system, so mod makers can "fix" it later.

Top Bottom