what attribute do you tend to find the strongest? what do you think of cool?

+
Cool is definitely a must have. Aside from the insane effects of Cold Blood perks, there's also the passive effects obtained from leveling Ninjutsu and Cold Blood, which augment your base Health, your movement speed, mitigation chance, universal DPS, Crit Chance, Crit Damage and armor. Cold Blood 18/20 is a must on all my builds.

On my Sword character, I have 18 Reflexes, 18 Cool and Legendary Zero Drag mod, perks that increase speed like Hasty Retreat... all this gives my character a stupidly fast base movement speed that just allows me to zoom around even by walking and destroy everyone in my path without even giving them a chance to shoot, especially if I combine this with Sandevistan on top. Even my crouch speed is ridiculously fast.

This build, mixed with the newly added Byakko Katana offered by Wakako, makes the game incredibly fast and nervous, going super fast and closing the distance immediately with ennemies.

I also have something similar with my shotgun character. With movement perks from the Annihlation tree, with 20 Cool, legendary Zero Drag, and 10 Reflexes, for a fast and destructive Mox shotgun.

(fast movement speed is also handy when you're "farming" bodies to throw in dumpsters to level up Ninjutsu :] )

Last edited:
I could add :
Cold Blood is very useful in combination with other skill because it offer great bonus during combat when you defeat an enemy (like armor boost, health regen boost, QHs reloading time boost,...)
Ninjutsu (stealth) is only useful if you play as stealth indeed. But some perk are good (if you use cold blood, it good to use them) like 15% more damage to human (permanent), poison immunity,...
yeah this time around I haven't even unlocked the first cold blood perk at chaacter level 18. I think that really speeds up the player turning OP, so even though I'm investing in cool with this V he will only experience cold blood much later on

I have used all attributes and find that they all have some insanely good perks, especially now that Body has less useless stuff. It's really well done for the most part.

My 2 most recent playthroughs are Tech/Int (hacking) and Bod/Ref (bladed shotgunner) focussed, but a Int/Cool or Ref/Cool build would also destroy everything. And even after the nerfs a hacking build is insanely strong, just not "oh look at me going through the hardest areas of the game at level 12" strong.

Overall I think CDPR found a good balance, even though I wished they had given Cool another perk tree, something for literal Edgerunners, a low-health perk tree, rewarding you more and more the lower your health drops. The same goes for Tech, but it's hard to expand on Tech without crossing over into Intelligence, so I get that it's just 2 tree's.

Cyberpunk has a lot of freedom and you can go almost any route you want really. The worst you could do would probably be a jack of all trades, a character that is average at everything and doesn't get any of the later perks. But even that will get you through the game.

Legendary short circuit passive effect still exists, even with 1.5 nerfed crit chance it sends things to the Moon. Then your level. If you aren't fighting something that is on your level or bit higher the level difference will cause to one-shot things anyway. Or ping + buzzsaw cheese.

* Body: second heart cyberware is handy if you explode accidentally, and some shotguns are really fun
* Reflexes: useless unless you want blade weapons and 1.5 monowire (or Commrades Hammer)
* Tech: pretty much crafting only, although with armor mod slots nerf it's mostly for unique item crafting, while stores can provide legendary armor and of desired look if force-reset enough times
* Intelect: if you want to be a netrunner it's mandatory + lots of perks. Even after contagion nerf it's god-tier at legendary quick hack level
* Cool: ninjitsu has few handy generic perks and then Cold Blood is always good for any type of build (kind of annoying).
Informative.

I'm currently going through another playthrough focusing on high Body character and playing on normal difficulty it's been good so far. There are many very effective ways to solve combat encounters, but I have used a lot of melee. I haven't paid that much attention to clothing, armadillo mods and that and risk / reward for me is going fast using cover through combat area to beat hostile NPC's fast without getting in crossfire from multiple enemies. In Rancho Coronado (mostly 6th Street) burst from assault weapon flatlines my V in about ~1,2 seconds. In other major story mission Kang Tao sniper flatlined my V with one shot. So it's wise to think of tactics with this sort of build and approach which I find as fun as during my first playthrough back on release day.

Legendary short circuit passive effect still exists, even with 1.5 nerfed crit chance it sends things to the Moon. Then your level. If you aren't fighting something that is on your level or bit higher the level difference will cause to one-shot things anyway. Or ping + buzzsaw cheese.

* Body: second heart cyberware is handy if you explode accidentally, and some shotguns are really fun
* Reflexes: useless unless you want blade weapons and 1.5 monowire (or Commrades Hammer)
* Tech: pretty much crafting only, although with armor mod slots nerf it's mostly for unique item crafting, while stores can provide legendary armor and of desired look if force-reset enough times
* Intelect: if you want to be a netrunner it's mandatory + lots of perks. Even after contagion nerf it's god-tier at legendary quick hack level
* Cool: ninjitsu has few handy generic perks and then Cold Blood is always good for any type of build (kind of annoying).
My previous build I managed to win DFTR on Very Hard without one death and it was exclusively using Widowmaker and I was able to one-shot every target except for the mechs and Adam Smasher (who took tons of hits of course, but I could do a ton of them through cover until the end). That's easily the most difficult mission in the game and I used a Reflexes and Tech build predominantly, so I'd disagree with some of your statements around Reflexes being useless and Tech being crafting only (tech 18 was required to max out Widowmaker, of course, but I think you may have forgotten about the tech side of the tree with the perks that boost its charge functionality enormously; it's not just for grenades, which I never focus on).

My current build is my first that'll have 20 cool and I get the impression, early doors, that it'll be insanely powerful when I'm done.

The thing about this game's skill tree system is that there's not really such a thing as a one-skill focused build and so none of them are "useless" (unless you deliberately avoid spending points and only put them into one skill tree, of course; that would result in some very bad builds late game). Also, it's less a question of how useless any skill is and more a question of how overpowered you become and so some builds just render V somewhat less godlike than others.

So, in my experience, this is much more a question of how you would like to play. A good example that I feel demonstrates this is that I'm well aware that a full netrunner build is very powerful, perhaps even enough to trivialise most of the game. But I dislike the method of game play (you have to stay still and almost pause the game to do everything). So I tried it on my first build and I'll probably never do it again and, ultimately, haven't ever felt I've struggled despite only having 3 INT in the later builds I used.

Last edited:
Reflexes being useless and Tech being crafting only (tech 18 was required to max out Widowmaker, of course, but I think you may have forgotten about the tech side of the tree with the perks that boost its charge functionality enormously; it's not just for grenades, which I never focus on).

Did any of the reflexes perk increased your damage by over 100% ? or best yet, few times?

Majority of your raw damage comes from level - of your character, your gear and then the enemy. And at least previously if you had level advantage even lowest level weapon would annihilate enemies. Slightly better crit chance, crit damage or base damage hidden behind the perks has no build defining value there.

You can use any weapon with 3 reflexes and own the whole city in such state - and it's bad, really bad - but also this is a single player game and just like Skyrim there will be broken builds.

And unique weapons like Widow Maker due to their unique effects are build defining, not some generic perks... not to mention that weapons like Buzzsaw can render all charge weapons "weak". Or Buryas that pierce walls without charge system as well. Or if you have legendary short circuit for it passive effect for normal weapons - things get crazy as well.

Last edited:
Did any of the reflexes perk increased your damage by over 100% ? or best yet, few times?

Majority of your raw damage comes from level - of your character, your gear and then the enemy. And at least previously if you had level advantage even lowest level weapon would annihilate enemies. Slightly better crit chance, crit damage or base damage hidden behind the perks has no build defining value there.

You can use any weapon with 3 reflexes and own the whole city in such state - and it's bad, really bad - but also this is a single player game and just like Skyrim there will be broken builds.

And unique weapons like Widow Maker due to their unique effects are build defining, not some generic perks... not to mention that weapons like Buzzsaw can render all charge weapons "weak". Or Buryas that pierce walls without charge system as well. Or if you have legendary short circuit for it passive effect for normal weapons - things get crazy as well.
None of this supports your proposal that Reflexes is a useless tree and Tech tree is purely for crafting.

I didn't suggest this specific build was the best. I was arguing that it wasn't useless on account that, using it, I was able to complete the hardest mission the game has to offer without dying.

I've always loved the game the only thing that was annoying the crap out of me is the knife throwing perk never used to work finally figured it out tonight 👍so thank you for fixing that one suggestion is made make throwing knives like the grenades and put them in that part of the weapon wheel so we don't have to sacrifice our three guns or katanas if possible even add knives to the store shopping list just a thought for the upcoming update for those of us who like to sneak through areas 👍

None of this supports your proposal that Reflexes is a useless tree and Tech tree is purely for crafting.

I didn't suggest this specific build was the best. I was arguing that it wasn't useless on account that, using it, I was able to complete the hardest mission the game has to offer without dying.
Reflexes do still work technically, but they aren't build defining in any way aside of blades and very few iconic weapons like say Commrades Hammer. You can do the solo ending on pretty much any build and the difficulty will depend mostly on your level, not on generic perks. Reset your perk points and do the mission again without spending them. There will be some differences but still most will be decided by your level.

And my point was that for future balancing this should be adjusted so that so spending points in Reflexes gives visible results. To be good with riffles you should need those reflexes and it perks. Without them there should be severe downsides.

And I did the solo Arasaka run like 2 days ago with Buzzsaw as a netrunner. You don't need perks to shoot things through the wall, or just crit Smasher to the moon with legendary short circuit passive effect. There are edge cases in this game and IMHO if they will be doing more balancing they should limit such outliers as well as make perks/attributes really meaningful. As a netrunner I want V to shoot herself with a shotgun to the face due to how clumsy said build is with guns :D

even add knives to the store shopping list
You should be able to just craft them. Even common or uncommon will be on your level. And as they return to your hand you don't need that many of them. And most melee weapons stores should also sell them already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom