I can’t get the Charles Buck discount

+
I’ve been trying to get the discount from the Ripperdoc, Charles Buck. I say the first line, “I know where you get your goods”, but then he never speaks again. I’m not able to interact with him in any way, including to buy cyberware. It is very similar to this post https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kgc4an . That post recommended reading the email, which I’ve done multiple times in multiple orders. Nothing ever allows me to interact with him again. I keep restoring saves before I confront him to ensure I don’t lock him out completely.

I’ve done the hard reboot and waited for the cache to be cleared. It didn’t help.

Did you look at the files on the PC terminal downstairs?

I did this yesterday and got the discount so it is at least working on one instance.

Just to be sure, you talk to him right after have completed the GIG from Regina (GIG: Last Login) ?
I ask because I always do it right after completing the GIG, and it always work.
(You must read the message on the computer in the basement near the corpse, get out in his clinic and chose during the dialogue "I read your message").

I did read the files on the PC where Charles is chewing out Maelstrom for stealing. I've read it a dozen times in different orders. Even tried using fast travel, coming back...nothing. I never get a chance to even select "I read your message", because I can't interact with him at all. He just sits there stretching. I can't even buy cyberware from him.

I did read the files on the PC where Charles is chewing out Maelstrom for stealing. I've read it a dozen times in different orders. Even tried using fast travel, coming back...nothing. I never get a chance to even select "I read your message", because I can't interact with him at all. He just sits there stretching. I can't even buy cyberware from him.
In fact, from my experiences, you can "only" say that during the GIG. When you get out the basement by the clinic door, normally a dialogue start and he say that "he have nothing to do with the scavs and they forced him". And at this moment you can respond "I believe you", "I don't believe you" or "I read your message and I know the truth".
I think, if you didn't do it during the GIG and comeback later, I won't work (by it's a guess, I never try).

Anyway, it could also be a bug. So if you don't use mods and if you want, you can send a report to teh support for help (including a save file can be a good idea).

So I can say, it was not during the Last Login gig. I can't do that yet as Regina hasn't offered it. Some of this is starting to line up, because there was nobody in the building. No opposition. I just snuck in the top floor window and walked through, which I found odd. I even got the laptop for the gig, but of course, I can't do anything with it.

So I guess I will wait till the gig officially happens and try again. But it is probably a bug, because they shouldn't allow you in until that gig, or you can make Charles unresponsive.

So I can say, it was not during the Last Login gig. I can't do that yet as Regina hasn't offered it. Some of this is starting to line up, because there was nobody in the building. No opposition. I just snuck in the top floor window and walked through, which I found odd. I even got the laptop for the gig, but of course, I can't do anything with it.

So I guess I will wait till the gig officially happens and try again. But it is probably a bug, because they shouldn't allow you in until that gig, or you can make Charles unresponsive.
you should report it, before the gig I had access to the ripperdoc, after the gig, I got the discount, it does seem sneaking in early by gaming the meta could well have broken the ripper doc for you. Charles really isn't that big of a deal TBH, I used to use him for cheap leg cyberware but this playthrough I noted they had already dropped the price of them in 1.5 it was only like 6k I saved which in the great scheme of the game is nothing.

Report it though as this is likely something easily missed during testing.

It's already weird that you have access to the basement without starting the GIG. Generally, when a GIG is not available, all the doors are closed and enemies are not present in the area.

Guest 4561861

It's already weird that you have access to the basement without starting the GIG. Generally, when a GIG is not available, all the doors are closed and enemies are not present in the area.
I noticed this playthrough that there is a door to the area, but V as yet didn't have the technical score to open it. Before 1.5 that gig would pop up when V got close to the building. Now, with the spacing out of the gigs, this probably wasn't even noticed or considered.

Top Bottom