Consoles NEED Gyro Aim Support for Cyberpunk 2077

+
This game has some extremely solid feeling weapons especially when you pull the trigger on a PS5 controller with the haptic feedback. You can feel the weight of the gun and there is satsifaction with the sound and animation on top of it.

BUT a lot of that becomes wasted with the iffy controls during combat when using a controller. Especially with ADS where micro aiming is quite a nuisance and gunplay is a bit faster-paced in close quarters. Obviously, ADS sensitivity is bugged but even then, there seems to be inconsistencies with how deadzone operates or something along those lines. Its hard to tell but something is definitely "off."

That being said, Gyro Aim is starting to really take off in some communities. There were subreddits and tweets that topped the list for Playstation commending Horizon: Forbidden West for including Gyro Aim--which honestly made combat so much better with it. Then we have Fortnite that had a major update which promoted its very detailed implementation of Gyro Aim.

Its far from a gimmick and the community has grown quite large in support of it. When you finally adapt to this mechanic and become proficient at it (plus the devs implement it EVEN semi-properly), it truly is much better than traditional stick aiming. It solves some problems where traditional sticks struggle with constantly. It brings that level of intuitive control that mouse has to a controller.

With that being said, CDPR, you absolutely need to look into implementing Gyro Aim for console players.

Now, Im not saying it should replace other methods. God no. The issues with sensitivity should still be resolved because not every player likes Gyro Aiming. There also should be good support for Keyboard & Mouse on console for those who want that. Its simple: expand accessibility. Give players options to best fit their preferences that gives them the best experience. And "aiming" controls in a Shooter are definitely up there in my book as being important to creating a solid experience.

In the end, there is a ton of support on other forums for Gyro Aim in this game and Cyberpunk 2077 could truly be a better experience if it existed.

Sadly the Xbox, new and older gen doesn't have any sort of gyroscope/support at all. So just adding it to the game wouldn't be enough. For PS4/5 users though it should def be a thing, I agree with you.

No it is a gimmick & would only work for ps5
If you have ever used it (giving time to adapt to it of course), you would know its not a gimmick. And seeing how its become quite popular, its worth developers of shooters to look into implementing it. Hell, Epic Games began promoting it for Fortnite which i dont even like but is still quite popular of a game.

Youre right, Xbox does not have Gyro tech but PC (for those who use controller) and PS5 would utilize it. But I have brought this topic up on reddit before and theres quite a few people who agree and would even help them get back into Cyberpunk if gyro aim was implemented.

Last edited:
If you have ever used it (giving time to adapt to it of course), you would know its not a gimmick. And seeing how its become quite popular, its worth developers of shooters to look into implementing it. Hell, Epic Games began promoting it for Fortnite which i dont even like but is still quite popular of a game.

Youre right, Xbox does not have Gyro tech but PC (for those who use controller) and PS5 would utilize it. But I have brought this topic up on reddit before and theres quite a few people who agree and would even help them get back into Cyberpunk if gyro aim was implemented.
Just because people agree with you or that it’s popular doesn’t mean something isn’t a gimmick. I mean… that is the definition of a gimmick.

Stick control is fine and does the job well enough.

Just because people agree with you or that it’s popular doesn’t mean something isn’t a gimmick. I mean… that is the definition of a gimmick.

Stick control is fine and does the job well enough.
Lol you thinking "its a gimmick" doesnt mean its a gimmick either. Its being implemented by demand, not a trick to push sales.

First off, its objectively been proven its superior to traditional stick aiming by PC players who have developed Gyro Aim software and done testing between the two methods. Only incredibly aggressive aim assist keeps up much like the situation between controller and K&M.

Second, Nintendo has been utilizing gyro aim tech for quite some time effectively. Splatoon 2 for example had over 12 million sales and over 70% of the players stuck with gyro aim. If you go to their main forum, gyro aim is strongly recommended by the player base ESPECIALLY if you want to play competitively. Breath of the Wild was also incredibly popular with its use of Gyro Aim.

Since then, Sony's developers have began incorporating more and more into their games (Days Gone, TLOU2, and Horizon). A company with access to Gyro tech since PS3 days. Hell, when it came out that Horizon had Gyro Aim, the subreddits top posts were about that for a week lol. Nintendo of course has been pushing it into many of their games because of the growing demand. A superior method of playing is wanted by groups of players. What a surprise!

So the community more than exists. The fact you think its a gimmick is kinda hilarious. If its such a gimmick, then why is Epic Games implementing it into Fortnite (a game with still one of the top concurrent player counts) and spending money on advertising it? They would have never touched this without the demand. Here is the guy they brought in to help build it for them. The very person who designed software on PC for gyro aim since thats his method of playing.

Last edited:
Lol you thinking "its a gimmick" doesnt mean its a gimmick either. Its being implemented by demand, not a trick to push sales.

First off, its objectively been proven its superior to traditional stick aiming by PC players who have developed Gyro Aim software and done testing between the two methods. Only incredibly aggressive aim assist keeps up much like the situation between controller and K&M.

Second, Nintendo has been utilizing gyro aim tech for quite some time effectively. Splatoon 2 for example had over 12 million sales and over 70% of the players stuck with gyro aim. If you go to their main forum, gyro aim is strongly recommended by the player base ESPECIALLY if you want to play competitively. Breath of the Wild was also incredibly popular with its use of Gyro Aim.

Since then, Sony's developers have began incorporating more and more into their games (Days Gone, TLOU2, and Horizon). A company with access to Gyro tech since PS3 days. Hell, when it came out that Horizon had Gyro Aim, the subreddits top posts were about that for a week lol. Nintendo of course has been pushing it into many of their games because of the growing demand. A superior method of playing is wanted by groups of players. What a surprise!

So the community more than exists. The fact you think its a gimmick is kinda hilarious. If its such a gimmick, then why is Epic Games implementing it into Fortnite (a game with still one of the top concurrent player counts) and spending money on advertising it? They would have never touched this without the demand. Here is the guy they brought in to help build it for them. The very person who designed software on PC for gyro aim since thats his method of playing.

Gimmick - to equip or embellish with unnecessary features, especially in order to increase salability, acceptance, etc.

It’s unnecessary. And I’ve played BotW and found it bothersome. It’s going to end up just like kinetic and move - a fad that fades, with a cult following because…

it’s a gimmick :)

How hard will it be to implement? If not very, then I don't see any reason not to do it. More options rarely hurt.

Gimmick - to equip or embellish with unnecessary features, especially in order to increase salability, acceptance, etc.

It’s unnecessary. And I’ve played BotW and found it bothersome. It’s going to end up just like kinetic and move - a fad that fades, with a cult following because…

it’s a gimmick :)
Lol sure. Thats your opinion.

Question for you: do you think players should have more or less accessibility options to improve their personal gameplay experiences?
Post automatically merged:

How hard will it be to implement? If not very, then I don't see any reason not to do it. More options rarely hurt.
Dont know. But theres a large community on PC that have created third party software and it can convert nearly any shooter or game with aiming to utilize Gyro Aiming through PC. Theres players on Destiny and Halo that have done that because they prefer controller but gyro aim allows them to keep up with K&M players vs traditional stick aiming.

The gentleman who Epic Games hired as a 3rd party contractor helped create and implement Fortnites Gyro Aim with the Flick Stick mechanic (which is slick for hardcore playing) and he mentioned to me its more of a matter of developers taking the time to implement into their engine. I also know Sony has began implementing into more of their exclusive games in the last year or so. Was actually surprised how many people on reddit were ecstatic when Horizon FW had gyro aim lol.

Last edited:
Lol sure. Thats your opinion.

Question for you: do you think players should have more or less accessibility options to improve their personal gameplay experiences?

It is my opinion.

not sure how a gimmick gives added accessibility. Can’t use a controller? KB+M is always there. More customizable, too.

If you can’t use a controller then that precludes the use of gyro aim, doesn’t it?😉 ;)
In case youre wondering, Jame Shield (Senior Product Planner for Xbox Hardware) asked people on twitter just recently what they wished their Xbox controller had and one of the more common responses was gyroscope technology for gyro aim (along with haptic feedback triggers and rechargeable batteries). [...] Demand is asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is quite enough with the thoroughly non-constructive argument about whether gyro aim is a gimmick or not. One post deleted and another one edited.

If you're not going to even try to contribute to the actual topic then please do not post.

Never used the gyro enough to get used to it (used it once I think) so I can't tell whether it would benefit me in combat in CP77 but one place I'm sure I'd use it in the game would be in the menus. CP's menu is such a drag on sticks

Playing with gyro definitely improves the game. Its not like you walk around steering and looking around with gyro. But only when you press aim to fine tune the aiming. I find it very helpful. I always played shooters on pc, but I don’t want to invest in a high end game pc anymore. I played a couple of years on ps4 and recently got a ps5. Gyro aiming is not a gimmick like wii mote or things like that. Its truly an evolution for the controller. Saying it’s a gimmick would be the same as calling mouse aiming a gimmick. The first 3D shooters only used keyboard and only featured sideways aim with keys.

just bumping this to voice my support for it! I have some accessibility issues that would really be assisted by the addition of gyro on PS5 :(

Love the game otherwise.

just bumping this to voice my support for it! I have some accessibility issues that would really be assisted by the addition of gyro on PS5 :(

Love the game otherwise.
Thx. Sorry about your accessibilty issues. Another major reason Gyro needs to become a standard for controller players to say the least. Ive been heavily vocal on forums about it. I remember chatting with a guy on Discord who had only 1 hand and Gyro also helped him be able to play shooters for once on PC and do so competitively in multiplayer. Was a neat story and cool to see his custom Dualshock controller.

Yeah I pretty much only play shooters now that have Gyro. Even though Im good with stick aiming, Gyro is just insanely more intuitive and fun. I REALLY want to get back into Cyberpunk once the DLC drops but the lack of Gyro Aiming and the current, semi-clunky (imo) stick aiming controls are putting me off from picking it back up honestly.

This game would be FANTASTIC with Flick Stick Gyro Aiming. God especially with Flick Stick, I feel like you could have some amazing gameplay moments haha.

Top Bottom