New Game+ explanation needed

+
That's how it worked in TW3. I liked the implementation. In games that don't scale up for NG+, people commonly increase the difficulty level. For CP2077 there's a better option, at least for me. There's an excellent mod that removes level scaling from everything, so you don't end up with enemies that have 10K hit points, or guns that do 10K damage. It makes the entire game more balanced from start to finish. Or at least it did before the 1.5 patch. After it gets converted to 1.5, I'm assuming that it will again.

Anyway, most people adjust the difficulty. Other people seem to enjoy breezing through the game with a powerful character, and just seeing what they can do. Either way works for me -- whatever gives people continuing enjoyment from the game.
Sadly [we console players] don't have the luxury of mods that you PC players have .Not trying to be mean it just sucks that we can't use them :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
What do mods have to do with NG+? The functionality was available across all platforms.
It was a response to my post, where I said that a mod for CP2077 allows me to create my own version of NG+, escape the gear grind, way overpowered, or way underpowered balance problem that can come from level scaling, particularly when combined with NG+. So, it's my fault that the topic came up. Sorry.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I did find the Ciri bits tougher than normal in NG+ - in particular her escape from Novigrad. For some reason I just couldn't complete that part, it took me many tries. I don't recall having such difficulty in my normal playthrough.

Simple. People want to replay the game with all of the abilities that they unlocked the first time, without starting over as a level 1 baby.

My solution is even simpler though. I just use console commands to give myself all of the abilities I want at the start of the game. Add crafting schematics and crafting resources, and I also have all of the weapons that I want. Equals NG+ for me.

That's good and all but not something console players can do and to me, seems like a cheat or an exploit and for me, would take the fun out of the game, but if that's how you want to play, then more power to you man.

That's good and all but not something console players can do and to me, seems like a cheat or an exploit and for me, would take the fun out of the game, but if that's how you want to play, then more power to you man.
^This Basically. I hope it's coming next patch because I'm dying to start a new playthrough already and starting over from scratch is a no go for me..

It was a response to my post, where I said that a mod for CP2077 allows me to create my own version of NG+, escape the gear grind, way overpowered, or way underpowered balance problem that can come from level scaling, particularly when combined with NG+. So, it's my fault that the topic came up. Sorry.
Ah -- missed it.

I personally want an NG+ because the game is too damn short. The RPG element of the character development feels unbalanced to me compared to the length of the game. It somehow doesn't satiate me. The game is already over by the time I'm end-game'd out. Minor sides like gigs get old fast, and the thought of having to go through all that again just to get the money I need and the stuff I want to try just to re-run the game, makes me feel tired.

^This Basically. I hope it's coming next patch because I'm dying to start a new playthrough already and starting over from scratch is a no go for me..

I was of the same mindset tbh, i.e. I don't want to start playing again until NG+ is in there, but I've had so much time away from CP2077 that I've forgotten how to play it and my last save is at the Nocturne OP55N1 mission, so I'm tempted to just start another Nomad playthrough anyway, hopefully by the time I'm done, NG+ will come out in the next update/patch.

I want NG+ so when im done with my first playthrough i can play again with some advantages! If not ill play again anyways on a new charecter caue im loving the game. ONly started playing after patch 1.5 on xbox series x

Creating NG+ isn't limited to having a max character at 50, with all weapons and stats intact. I don't know if you've played The Witcher 3, but how CDPR implemented NG+ there was pretty good. It's also a possible basis for how NG+ can be implemented in this game. So this is how NG+ worked in Witcher 3, as far as I remember, I haven't played the game in a year:

- You start at whatever level you left off at the normal playthrough. Doing every side quest and side activity netted you around level 50-54. The max level of the game is 100 w/ Blood and Wine installed, 70 if you only have the base game, and you cannot reach max level in normal playthroughs. The game wasn't even made, I'm assuming, for NG+, because NG+ was the final free DLC that was only added by popular demand, again, if I'm remembering correctly. CDPR can always up the max level in CP 2077 by 10-15, adjust EXP gains, etc.
- You keep all your equipment, items, some potions, stash, and money. Story items, books, trophies, crafting recipes, and Gwent cards are taken away.
- New tiers of crafting recipes become available, best example is Witcher gear. Normal playthrough has normal Witcher gear, NG+ has the title of "Legendary" next to the Witcher gear. It's the same gear, just with additional mod slots and level scaled.
- You can get the hardest difficulty achievements/trophies in NG+, so that's also a benefit for achievement hunters that don't want to start a fresh playthrough on the hardest difficulty.

If CDPR ever plans to add a NG+, which I hope they do, they have to plan it carefully. CP 2077 has a different progression model than Witcher 3. They can also add benefits, like all NCPD dispatches completed in the normal playthrough are completed in NG+, stuff like that, even then though, they need to consider all the crafting specs, mods, etc. that are only available in those jobs. There's a benefit to NG+ for people that want it, just remember, it's an OPTION, you don't have to do it if you don't want to, its just that the option is there.

I don't care about NG+ either, the only thing I'd like to do is keep my custom V, don't care about the stats or equipment, I just want the model.

Mass Effect used to have a character code that you could enter and it'd be your custom characters attributes, something like that would be appreciated, or just an option to load the character in.

Not going to say they shouldn't put a new game + in though, because there's obviously an appetite for it.

So I am not trying to be a jerk, but why not just load in your very first save game then? That would then have the model appearance you want but almost none of the rest of the game so you can start again same looks new story? :shrug:

So I am not trying to be a jerk, but why not just load in your very first save game then? That would then have the model appearance you want but almost none of the rest of the game so you can start again same looks new story? :shrug:
Because why would I want to undo all my hard work in Having to regrind to get everything AGAIN??? That's just BS.

Because why would I want to undo all my hard work in Having to regrind to get everything??

Huh? soooo... that was not for you * , why did you think it was? Or was that just an opportunistic reply?
I actually agree with you and others that want NG+.
Although I never used such a thing and may never. I did not know it existed, not in any of the games I played anyway.

* for the player that wanted to start a new game with the same character model but NOTHING else and was wanting to do the grind again.

Huh? soooo... that was not for you * , why did you think it was? Or was that just an opportunistic reply?
I actually agree with you and others that want NG+.
Although I never used such a thing and may never. I did not know it existed, not in any of the games I played anyway.

* for the player that wanted to start a new game with the same character model but NOTHING else and was wanting to do the grind again.
I'm generally not a fan of NG+. I've played through TW3 5 times, but it was always as a new character. I fiddled with NG+ just to see how it worked, but had no interest in actually playing like that. I normally play games very slowly and just enjoy the experience. I'm not really interested in trying to "get to the next part" quickly. Quite the opposite, I tend to take a lot of time to just wander around, explore nooks and crannies, take time to immerse in the world.

By the time I finish with a game that takes me 50 to 100+ hours to complete, I'm done with that character and usually want to try a totally different build. So far, the only games that I've actually played NG+ on are Dark Souls 1 and 2, Salt and Sanctuary, and Dragon's Dogma. Started an NG++ on DS1, but never finished it.

For myself, I've nothing against including and NG+ mode for Cyberpunk, but I'm very unlikely to ever engage with it. I'd rather have additional content that expands on the standard game, new questlines, new areas to explore, that sort of thing.

I'm generally not a fan of NG+. I've played through TW3 5 times, but it was always as a new character. I fiddled with NG+ just to see how it worked, but had no interest in actually playing like that. I normally play games very slowly and just enjoy the experience. I'm not really interested in trying to "get to the next part" quickly. Quite the opposite, I tend to take a lot of time to just wander around, explore nooks and crannies, take time to immerse in the world.

By the time I finish with a game that takes me 50 to 100+ hours to complete, I'm done with that character and usually want to try a totally different build. So far, the only games that I've actually played NG+ on are Dark Souls 1 and 2, Salt and Sanctuary, and Dragon's Dogma. Started an NG++ on DS1, but never finished it.

For myself, I've nothing against including and NG+ mode for Cyberpunk, but I'm very unlikely to ever engage with it. I'd rather have additional content that expands on the standard game, new questlines, new areas to explore, that sort of thing.
NG+ is intended to be a dlc so its just like the outfits or guns, which don't expand on anything either. I think they need NG+ or something to do until actual content drops for the game. you can only do story so many times until you just get too bored to play the game at all

NG+ is intended to be a dlc so its just like the outfits or guns, which don't expand on anything either. I think they need NG+ or something to do until actual content drops for the game. you can only do story so many times until you just get too bored to play the game at all
There is no official word on it yet. But I'd be surprised if it's not being considered. I'd also imagine that will likely be handled as DLC if it happens. It's always something that's in demand, and IMO, the gameplay systems seem to lend themselves to the mechanic.

We'll just have to wait and see. Definitely more to come!

There is no official word on it yet. But I'd be surprised if it's not being considered. I'd also imagine that will likely be handled as DLC if it happens. It's always something that's in demand, and IMO, the gameplay systems seem to lend themselves to the mechanic.

We'll just have to wait and see. Definitely more to come!
its in the game files and everyone knows its in the game files to not deliver it would be yet another blemish on the stain that CDPR left with a lot of players

its in the game files and everyone knows its in the game files to not deliver it would be yet another blemish on the stain that CDPR left with a lot of players
Don't assume anything. Lots and lots and lots of stuff that can be "found in game files" is experimentation, there for testing purposes, leftover from prior iterations of an engine, or simply stuff that was already cut. I'd guess that NG+ will eventually be introduced, but it's just a guess.

There is no official information available about NG+ for Cyberpunk 2077. Any information people may come across at this point is speculation. If NG+ is formally announced, it will come directly from CDPR.

If you play on PC, you can make a NG+ by yourself. Just download cyber engine tweaks, the simple menu mod, start a new game, and give your character 49 attribute points. There you go, level 1 with all your attributes maxed, go nuts on Very Hard and self imposed rules.
You could add perk points too but I like to have to unlock those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom