1.5 Ongoing Bugs List - [1.52]

+
Updated to 1.5 and started a new run, can't even get past the first mission 'The Rescue' after finding Sandra when you walk into the elevator with Jackie and he tells you to call Wakako the call key just does not work. Tried rebinding, loading an earlier save, restating the game. Nothing worked.

I didn't experience this bug in my earlier run when the game first came out and I cannot progress with the story.
Can you try to delete your UserSettings.json in case (above all you used or use mods)
C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json

I will try that but I don't use mods. I will try it though, thanks for the tip
Post automatically merged:

Can you try to delete your UserSettings.json in case (above all you used or use mods)
C:\Users\YOU\Appdata\CDPR\CP77\Usersettings.json
Tried that and it not only tanked my FPS but I get the prompt to press T to access phone menu and still nothing happens when pressing T

Last edited:
I will try that but I don't use mods. I will try it though, thanks for the tip

Tried that and it not only tanked my FPS but I get the prompt to press T to access phone menu and still nothing happens when pressing T
Weird :(
(verify that a brand new UserSettings.json was created and also : Verify integrity of game files in case)
So if you press or hold the "phone" key, nothing happen ? Very annoying.
At least, the sooner the better, you can send a ticket to the support for help (with DxDiag)
And I could suggest a clean reinstall of the game (without forgetting to remove all the files/folders who may be not removed by the uninstaller in the Appdata folder).

Last edited:
Changes made to the overhead damage numbers setting do not persist after a saved game is loaded. When the 'Damage Numbers Mode' and 'Overhead Damage Numbers' are not set too the same value, the 'Overhead Damage Numbers' setting is ignored (which may be by design?), but if they are set to the same value the numbers, accumulated, individual, or both, are correctly displayed over the enemies heads, at least until a saved game is loaded, at which point it reverts back to only using the setting under damage numbers as though the overhead setting was set to 'none'. This is even the case if you make the change, save the game, and then immediately load that save. This effectively renders the overhead damage numbers setting unusable. I general having two settings that only work when both set to the same value is pretty confusing, instead of just having an 'show overhead' checkbox or something.

Playing on ps5 and I’ve run into a bug with Regina Jones’ Scrolls Before Swine gig. I go to the location on the map and nothing happens. I don’t get a phone call and the location’s a locked warehouse I can’t interact with. I’ve tried reloading saves and restarting the game but nothing seems to make a difference.

Playing on ps5 and I’ve run into a bug with Regina Jones’ Scrolls Before Swine gig. I go to the location on the map and nothing happens. I don’t get a phone call and the location’s a locked warehouse I can’t interact with. I’ve tried reloading saves and restarting the game but nothing seems to make a difference.
Stupid question, but I have to ask anyway.
You have the icon on the map ? (the GIG is available).

I ran into this issue, I just reloaded the save and it fixed it... TO be clear I DID NOT reload an OLD SAVE, I used the same save, I just quit to main menu and then resumed game and that fixed it... Maybe I got very lucky but that worked for me so It couldn't hurt to try.

Stupid question, but I have to ask anyway.
You have the icon on the map ? (the GIG is available).
Yeah, it shows up on the map and I’ve had no problem doing previous gigs for Regina. I’ll play around with it some more today.

To update: I reloaded a few old saves, but it seems whatever happened occurred soon after I unlocked the gig and I’m not losing 10 hours of progress. I’ve done a few side missions and gone back to the gig marker, as well as starting a new save file before quitting to the main menu and reloading. Also tried going to sleep in case that did something. No fixer call, no change in the state of the warehouse. At this point I’m moving on. Maybe I’ll circle back once I’ve cleared the map and see if anything’s changed. Hopefully a patch fixes it in the future, or I’ll get to play it for the first time when I do a second playthrough.

Last edited:
I am likewise having the same issue. I have completed the shooting range, but never received the text, to my knowledge and per the Robert Wilson log in my texts, that he is now having his sale. He's changed his store up, its plastered with the signs et, just never offering the new guns/mods.
And then, when I played today, I went and slept in my bed, then advanced time a bit further, sum total more than 24 hours passed and Wilson had both new guns in his inventory. Of course, later on when i visited him, nothing there again.. so, dunno what's going on, but it's weird.

I think Dakota is completely broken after 1.5, That or I'm just very unlucky.

I finally went back and finished "Gig:No Fixers" someone suggested driving into the garage in first person view as a potential fix for the bonus objective not working, I tried it and still it failed. But ok it's just the bonus decided to leave it alone and continue no big deal.

I purchased the Car sitting at her garage because I was right there so why not, then went to her next gig "Sparing Partner" finished it, got the reward spoke with her on the phone everything seemed fine, but now her other Gigs will not trigger for me, No text nothing. I tried progressing other missions, I tried reloading old saves, I quit and went back. I tried NOT buying the car first and going to the Gig and then completing it. I time skipped. Nothing seemed to correct it.

So at current I've rolled back to the save right before doing "GIG: No Fixers" and I'm just going to avoid Dakota until the next patch/hotfix I still have plenty of other stuff to do unless the next update takes a really long time to come out.

Found a bug with the gun you get from Takemura during your ride/shootout against Arasaka assassins. If you have enough materials you can keep upgrading that gun way past what your level is. At character level 9 I ended up with a gun that had 540 dps/almost 200 damage per shot.

No clue if anybody else noticed that before, so I thought I'll leave it here.
In case nobody noticed it before all credits go to me, and you're morally obligated to give me all credit, as well as all you eddies.

I don't know if that is a bug, but are you guys also getting a huge fps drop when approaching those plastic curtains, those you can also find in V's toilet? I think it is connected to the ray traced reflections, but it wasn't happening before patch 1.5 got released.

It's not necessarily a bug buy during the Ebunike section of Chippin in when you get a certain distance up the boat Rogue goes running in like a madwoman to kill the dude. The problem is it makes it impossible to listen to the audio recordings of Smasher and the Militech CEO. No matter what I do, sneak, run in cloaked, run in not cloaked etc there's never enough time to listen to the recordings and the optional objective fails. This has only happened since update 1.5.

It's not necessarily a bug buy during the Ebunike section of Chippin in when you get a certain distance up the boat Rogue goes running in like a madwoman to kill the dude. The problem is it makes it impossible to listen to the audio recordings of Smasher and the Militech CEO. No matter what I do, sneak, run in cloaked, run in not cloaked etc there's never enough time to listen to the recordings and the optional objective fails. This has only happened since update 1.5.
For me since 1.31, it's always impossible to scan/interact with anything in the area, the fight start as soon as you get close enough (in 1.23, it was possible).

PC Version. i-11700, RTX 3070, 128 GB RAM, Gen 4 Samsung SSD. I have a list of a few here:

My most important one: I have PAX on my weapons and Target Analysis on my ocular cyberware yet my shots are still lethal. I have attempted to use a weapon without PAX but with Target Analysis and I have used PAX without Target Analysis. Weapons used, Overture, Archangel, Skippy (before the 50 "kills" switch), and Overwatch. A high percentage of the time, I'd say over 60% my shots are lethal. This DID NOT occur before 1.5.

GIG: Guinea Pigs - 3 bugs involving Joanne Koch. Sneaking up behind her, while her braindance is still on, and utilizing non-lethal take down does not proceed with the next step in the quest. I have shot her while the braindance on, with a non lethal weapon, and it has killed her. Carrying her up to the roof and setting her down to clear the enemies, immediately after opening the door (where the crates are next to the door) she has "exploded" and disappeared which makes progress impossible. All 3 of these are repeatable. I have experienced these bugs previous to and after 1.5.

I am sure it has been mentioned many times but the HORRIBLE slow down entering and leaving the map. Giving it a few seconds each time and it clears up but it is horrendous. I have deleted the User json file (a fix listed in a few places) and lowered all settings as low as they can go to test. And still occurs. This DID NOT occur before 1.5.

Driving through the city I have encountered numerous cars that have seemed to fall from the sky or appear from nowhere crashing. Driving along and I hear a crash. I look over and there a car is crashing as if it fell from the sky. Nothing to the side or in front or behind. Just crashing, usually upside down and always on the sidewalk away from the road where there were previously no vehicles at all. This DID NOT occur before 1.5.

GIGs: Multiple Gigs. Placing the body in the trunk of the waiting vehicle and the vehicle "sticks" unable to move. The quest does not proceed. Loading a previous save usually fixes this. This DID NOT occur before 1.5.

A little funny bug, I don't know how this car ended inside of this building. There is no way to enter here :D
12-03-2022_04-27-46-1nyq43ym.png12-03-2022_04-28-06-oyk2ewcz.png

lol

Someone can help me? Photomode crash every time when i try to make photo with space button

lol

Someone can help me? Photomode crash every time when i try to make photo with space button
Just a guess : Can you can try by disabling your antivirus temporarily ?
(maybe it block the process to create files in the screenshot folder).

Top Bottom