fixer wont send me texts, what do you think of the changed driving?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
I've never had any issues with the pre-patch driving, and I think it would be great to have an option in the settings to set the keyboard input acceleration time to zero. Before patch 1.5, the solution was to shortly and frequently tap steering in order to prevent oversteering. It's one of the few things that I've learned from playing early Need for Speed titles, back in the days. Now since patch 1.5, I'm still trying to get used to the new driving, although I'm convinced that I will manage it.

I've never had any issues with the pre-patch driving, and I think it would be great to have an option in the settings to set the keyboard input acceleration time to zero. Before patch 1.5, the solution was to shortly and frequently tap steering in order to prevent oversteering. It's one of the few things that I've learned from playing early Need for Speed titles, back in the days. Now since patch 1.5, I'm still trying to get used to the new driving, although I'm convinced that I will manage it.
What if there was alternative handling model for those who play on keyboard introducing steering lock, meaning front wheels wouldn't turn all the way but perhaps 50 - 70% of what they turn on analogue input (as we can adjust the angle). How do you think that would impact to experience handling cars on keyboard?

DC9V

Forum veteran
What if there was alternative handling model for those who play on keyboard introducing steering lock, meaning front wheels wouldn't turn all the way but perhaps 50 - 70% of what they turn on analogue input (as we can adjust the angle). How do you think that would impact to experience handling cars on keyboard?
I guess that would also affect the turning radius when driving at low speed, making it difficult turn in the road.

I guess that would also affect the turning radius when driving at low speed, making it difficult turn in the road.
Yeah, it would be a compromise. I don't know if you ever played Forza Horizon 4 but for gamepad there's two settings for steering, normal and pro, major difference between the two being that normal mode having like 25% steering lock, meaning only 25% of front wheel turning angle was available Pro setting increasing available angle to 50%.

Notable thing there is that Horizon 4 had quite big urban area, Edinburgh, lot's of 90 degree turns and it was a bit odd when cruising, yet in terms of accessibility it was a good design as there are lot's of very powerful cars. Introducing that to CP 2077 for those driving on keyboard would mean less options regarding driving line during cornering, starting turning in earlier, outside to outside when going a bit faster and inside to inside becoming more difficult.

Horizon 4 also has entirely different mechanics for those who play on keyboard, some input filtering but I have no way to test that but if someone could break that down it might help forming suggestion around input bottleneck.

Top Bottom