Crashing post character creation

+
Hi all,

I've just downloaded the game on my new PC. Game boots fine, after creating my character and saving - It starts to load then flatlines.

1. All my drivers are up to date.
2. I have checked / verified the files.
3. I turned off my AV software just to see if for whatever reason that had an impact.
4. I read previously there was some audio issues relating to A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio. - None of these are in my services so not applicable.
5. I have reinstalled the game twice, same issue.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

EDIT:

SETUP:
CPU - 7-12700KF
GPU - 3070 TI
RAM - 32 GB DDR4 @ 3600
Driver - 511.79 (14.02.2022)

Kind regards,
Dazz

Last edited:
At first, make sure that you tried all of these steps :
And maybe also try to :
Launch the game directly from the .exe
If nothing work, you can send a ticket to the support > "Contact Us" button" (the sooner, the better) With a DxDiag.

Annoying :(
Another guesses, I doubt it would resolve it, it's worth a try.
- Try another Lifepath (if something "block" on one, in case).
- Can you try to rolling back your Drivers to a previous version, like this one > 497.29 (instead of the very last one).
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest Game Ready drivers using the following link: https://www.geforce.com/drivers
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

Annoying :(
Another guesses, I doubt it would resolve it, it's worth a try.
- Try another Lifepath (if something "block" on one, in case).
- Can you try to rolling back your Drivers to a previous version, like this one > 497.29 (instead of the very last one).

Sadly did not resolve the issue, thank you for taking the time to give me the suggestions much appreciated!

Sadly did not resolve the issue, thank you for taking the time to give me the suggestions much appreciated!

I spent a week trying to fix the 1.5 PC patch CTD issues myself. In the end I reverted my game back to before the patch 1.5 and now it runs great.

What version did you revert back too?

Rev 1.31 I am very sure, I did a back up of the games folders right before I "upgraded" to 1.5 (and it's hot patch.) Hotfix did not work either but then I do not have any of the audio software or the drivers that hot fix was for. But I tried it anyway desperately to get 1.5 working.

Rev 1.31 I am very sure, I did a back up of the games folders right before I "upgraded" to 1.5 (and it's hot patch.) Hotfix did not work either but then I do not have any of the audio software or the drivers that hot fix was for. But I tried it anyway desperately to get 1.5 working.
Reverted back to previous versions (1.31 & 1.3) both did not work for me either :(

Just another guess, 'cause I remember issues for some players with loading screens (Panam's quest). Maybe try to lock your FPS to 30 (back in the day, I don't know why, but it worked to pass this loading screens).

Also make sure you are not overclocking any part of your hardware.
All is stock, just built the PC, not tampered with anything :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Worth a try, I've just bought this game this isn't a very good start for me :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom