the cops are too dumb

+
the cops/trauma team is simply too dumb. they are bascially siding with those enemies when im basically doing their jobs. Many patches later and this is not addressed. whenever i attack one of maelstrom or any gang and suddenly there is an cop nearby that is looking for me and then it's an crime report. extremely frustating when i'm just trying to enjoy the game.

Woah, now. Better watch it. You take this any further and you're turning the game into GTA. Cops taking 10 slugs to the back as they stare you down for walking too close is completely immersive and lore friendly, buddy.

Cop system is still untouched yet. Probably it'll remain same now as it doesn't add anything, unless any expansions involve some cop stories.

What about the NCPD no longer patrolling Pacifica, the game says it specifically Pacifica is NO LONGER in the NC jurisdiction, but hit one civilian by accident during a firefight even though the gangers were blowing them up with grenades and BAM! ya don f'up now! The 5-O is on your case immediately!

What about the NCPD no longer patrolling Pacifica, the game says it specifically Pacifica is NO LONGER in the NC jurisdiction, but hit one civilian by accident during a firefight even though the gangers were blowing them up with grenades and BAM! ya don f'up now! The 5-O is on your case immediately!
Not tested, but in Pacifica, instead of cops, it's supposed to be mercs who "appear" if you have a bounty.

I've never had cops attack me for killing gangers. You sure you didn't hit one of them, or a civilian by mistake?
only a group of cops, and a handful of Maelstrom gang with no civilian in sight. i can't even sneak headshot with an overture as suddenly everybody is alerted despite being hidden and the cop just know my hidden location.

only a group of cops, and a handful of Maelstrom gang with no civilian in sight. i can't even sneak headshot with an overture as suddenly everybody is alerted despite being hidden and the cop just know my hidden location.
Yep, it only concern "random" dudes (gangs/cops/...) who can spot you even if you attack them in stealth. But no problem with enemies in NCDP Scanner Hustles nor GIGs nor quests.
Best advices that I can provide, don't start any fight with "random dudes" near Cops, don't walk near cops too close and maybe report it if you want :)

I've only had that problem when shooting at gang members while I were outside areas where the NCPD asked for help. When using my netrunner hacks there are no problems.

Only time i've had a problem with cops is

If i kill a citizen
If i kill a gang member in sight of a cop but that gang member is doing nothing illegal IE just standing/sitting about talking
If i have a gun out or run past cops there "suspicion" lvl increases until they attack, if i walk by normally nothing happens.

There are several times that I have come across NCPD in a shootout with gangoons and fired on the gangoons, did not see the police tbh, and the NCPD opened fire on me and called backup as well completely ignoring the gangoons.

I'm having a very, very, hard time believing some of the comments in this thread.

In one of the, repeatedly, scripted shootouts; I wandered in there just to see if anything had changed about these "totes random encounters of a living breathing city." The officer and Maelstrom were standing around like a group of actors, unaware that the director had finally arrived, idling in place. Instead of shooting one another after realizing I was on set, the gangers immediately aggro'd me... and the officer became suspicious of my behavior as they riddled my cover with rounds and one even tossed a grenade which caused the police cruiser behind me to combust. He was onto me though, steadfast in his resolve to get to the bottom of who stepped on that wad of tissue paper. He'd finally had enough of my antics and began firing away. I would've helped him had he just done his job, instead he died that day... prompting the NCPD to descend upon me and it was shoot out at the Okay Corral from there.

police_01.jpgpolice_02.jpgpolice_03.jpgpolice_04.jpg

No - the police system in this game is not fine, nor reasonable, or even consistent.

Last edited:
I'm having a very, very, hard time believing some of the comments in this thread.

In one of the, repeatedly, scripted shootouts; I wandered in there just to see if anything had changed about these "totes random encounters of a living breathing city." The officer and Maelstrom were standing around like a group of actors, unaware that the director had finally arrived, idling in place. Instead of shooting one another after realizing I was on set, the gangers immediately aggro'd me... and the officer became suspicious of my behavior as they riddled my cover with rounds and one even tossed a grenade which caused the police cruiser behind me to combust. He was onto me though, steadfast in his resolve to get to the bottom of who stepped on that wad of tissue paper. He'd finally had enough of my antics and began firing away. I would've helped him had he just done his job, instead he died that day... prompting the NCPD to descend upon me and it was shoot out at the Okay Corral from there.

View attachment 11295091View attachment 11295094View attachment 11295097View attachment 11295100

No - the police system in this game is not fine, nor reasonable, or even consistent.
Maybe a problem somewhere :shrug:
Because I complete this NCPD Scanner Hustles few hours ago (just near the "hospital") and when I arrived in the area, the cops and the Maelstromers were already fighting each others...
Then when I showed my face (detected by Maelstromers, not by cops), maelstromers started to shoot on me instead of cops, obviously. Then after beating the maelstromers, the cop remaining simply walk around and simply "ignore" me (I was able to loot everything in the area and even put all the maelstromer bodies in containers for xp without any problem...).
Post automatically merged:

-----------​
Better than words, two "random" events formerly indicated by stars on the minimap in Waston (stars were removed in 1.5), with cops vs maelstromers. In both case, I simply run in middle and killed the maelstromers as fast as possible without paying attention to cops. At the end and during the fight, cops don’t paid attention to me (and even in the last one, a cop thanks me for the help before take his phone^^)
First one:
25-03-2022_08-03-45-uid2jzl1.jpeg25-03-2022_08-04-47-bq5hzsdb.jpeg25-03-2022_08-09-10-0v3rexud.jpeg25-03-2022_08-05-27-5z4nwfw0.jpeg25-03-2022_08-10-05-eckhe1qu.jpeg
Second one:
25-03-2022_08-17-08-1eowwclp.jpeg25-03-2022_08-13-40-ma42gokb.jpeg25-03-2022_08-14-28-lut2aobf.jpeg25-03-2022_08-15-12-chqgiufb.jpeg25-03-2022_08-16-44-wrtchv15.jpeg
But I suppose as always, I’m damn lucky and cops are nice only on my game… :shrug:

Last edited:
Only time i've had a problem with cops is

If i kill a citizen
If i kill a gang member in sight of a cop but that gang member is doing nothing illegal IE just standing/sitting about talking
If i have a gun out or run past cops there "suspicion" lvl increases until they attack, if i walk by normally nothing happens.
When I first started playing this game, I got into a lot of trouble with the cops because I hadn't figured this out yet.

Yep, it only concern "random" dudes (gangs/cops/...) who can spot you even if you attack them in stealth. But no problem with enemies in NCDP Scanner Hustles nor GIGs nor quests.
Best advices that I can provide, don't start any fight with "random dudes" near Cops, don't walk near cops too close and maybe report it if you want :)
This was during one of the Regina Gigs: Rite of passage - a headshot to one of those maelstrom ended up a cop chasing me which they shouldn't during the gig.

There are several times that I have come across NCPD in a shootout with gangoons and fired on the gangoons, did not see the police tbh, and the NCPD opened fire on me and called backup as well completely ignoring the gangoons.
Same here except if I use my cyberpunk quickhacks. So, don't shoot, just hack.

Top Bottom