Weird lighting in 1.52

+
Hello guys, I haven't had the chance to play 1.5 (and 1.52) until now but when I started playing I noticed something didn't look quite right. Take a look, same place, same settings (as much as possible) same everything.

photomode_27032022_111234.png

and again in 1.52:

photomode_27032022_111734.png

I have no idea what is causing it to look this bad, I tried every setting turning of RT and DLSS, nothing helps. I have the latest nVidia drivers and Windows 10 installed. I'm writing here because I just want to double check if any of you has had a similar issue, perhaps you could go to Empathy and check if it looks similar to mine because I ma frankly loosing my mind thinking it's something on my end.

1648374000305.png

hehe. looks the same, but i believe during the quest is was looking different(ultra settings with no RT here)

Maybe it's due to shadow settings not working properly, delete UserSettings.json can configure your personalized settings again.

It's everywhere on all "lasers".
Lizzie's Bar - Series X - 1.52 - Ray Tracing mode.
(But it seem more realist in my opinion, lasers can only be "seen" when the pass through "something" like smoke, dust particles or vapor)
27-03-2022_15-04-47-pcr4enau.jpg

Maybe it's due to shadow settings not working properly, delete UserSettings.json can configure your personalized settings again.

Try deleting UserSettings.json

No result whatseover, I've had a friend of mine go to Empathy and it looks exactly the same too. I guess it's just part of the changes CDPR did to the lighting system in 1.5
Post automatically merged:

It's everywhere on all "lasers".
Lizzie's Bar - Series X - 1.52 - Ray Tracing mode.
(But it seem more realist in my opinion, lasers can only be "seen" when the pass through "something" like smoke, dust particles or vapor)
View attachment 11295643

It's not just the lasers if you look closely you will see that pretty much all of the volumetric light shafts are gone, the sign "toilet" in the distance is "casting" light in a completely differing manner and everything is washed out blue dipping to black.

It's not just the lasers if you look closely you will see that pretty much all of the volumetric light shafts are gone, the sign "toilet" in the distance is "casting" light in a completely differing manner and everything is washed out blue dipping to black.
Ah ok, yep even the pilars and the bar on the left :(
(And that, I don't get this problem... Or I didn't pay attention the last time, but it's quite noticeable)

My bad, the same "issue" on Series X :(
27-03-2022_16-31-46-inwtd2mp.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys, I haven't had the chance to play 1.5 (and 1.52) until now but when I started playing I noticed something didn't look quite right. Take a look, same place, same settings (as much as possible) same everything.

View attachment 11295598
and again in 1.52:

View attachment 11295604

I have no idea what is causing it to look this bad, I tried every setting turning of RT and DLSS, nothing helps. I have the latest nVidia drivers and Windows 10 installed. I'm writing here because I just want to double check if any of you has had a similar issue, perhaps you could go to Empathy and check if it looks similar to mine because I ma frankly loosing my mind thinking it's something on my end.
Ah this is why I wish the map had proper info on it - where is EMPATHY (dammit said Embers in first post)?

Hey chooms I haven’t had the chance to play 1.6 (and probably won’t be able to for quite some time) but can someone check if the lighting has been fixed? When I reported the issue I was twice reassured it was being looked at.

Top Bottom