PS4 Game Disc not recognized on PS5 after Update (Game updated to 1.52)

+
Played about an hour when it first came out and then put it away. Recently updated to the PS5 version. When I insert the PS4 game disc into the PS5 it tries to mount but gives me an error of "Can't recognize the disc. make sure it's not damaged or dirty, and that it's not inserted upside down." The disc is clean, no scratches(and inserted the correct way) ... all my other game discs load fine. .... any ideas?

Doesn't the upgrade make the disk obsolete? I play on pc. I thought the upgrade changed it to the digital version, and you'd only need the disk once.

Unfortunately on the PS5 it requires the Disc to be in the machine to play the game, even though the data is on the hard drive.... I assume it is an anti-piracy thing.

"Maybe" you can try :
(me that's what I would do in this case. And I suppose that you can play a disc version of a game "offline" on Playstation)
- Disconnect the console from internet.
- Uninstall the game completely.
- Verify if when you insert the disc when your console is "offline", it is recognized or not.

If not, it's not from the update for sure.
If yes, install the game, then reconnect your console and apply the update.

There was a big thing about that here recently. Are you sure you're updated to the latest patch and all that?
Updated to the latest game and PS5 updates.
Post automatically merged:

"Maybe" you can try :
(me that's what I would do in this case. And I suppose that you can play a disc version of a game "offline" on Playstation)
- Disconnect the console from internet.
- Uninstall the game completely.
- Verify if when you insert the disc when your console is "offline", it is recognized or not.

If not, it's not from the update for sure.
If yes, install the game, then reconnect your console and apply the update.
Will give it a try.... did just discover that if I just put the game disc in without launching the game, the PS5 still can't read the disc.... maybe somehow my disc has gone bad?? I have checked it again and no smudges or scratches ... I wonder if there is anyway to get a replacement disc?

Updated to the latest game and PS5 updates.

Will give it a try.... did just discover that if I just put the game disc in without launching the game, the PS5 still can't read the disc.... maybe somehow my disc has gone bad?? I have checked it again and no smudges or scratches ... I wonder if there is anyway to get a replacement disc?
I'd say try what kill said, and if that doesn't help, submit a ticket to the support website and see what they say.

Did you leave it running a long time? Overheating can warp the disc.

Honeslty, I think the "best" it's where you buy it (I imagine, with proof of purchase, it should be possible).
Purchased when it came out Oct 2020 so I think the return window has expired.

I'd say try what kill said, and if that doesn't help, submit a ticket to the support website and see what they say.

Did you leave it running a long time? Overheating can warp the disc.
Only had the disc in the machine when I played about 2-4 hours when it first came out (Oct 2020)... been sitting in it's case since then. How do I open a support ticket?

Purchased when it came out Oct 2020 so I think the return window has expired.

Only had the disc in the machine when I played about 2-4 hours when it first came out (Oct 2020)... been sitting in it's case since then. How do I open a support ticket?
Honestly, you can try to contact the support, but I have doubts :(
Where you bought it, if the disc seem to be in perfect condition but is not recognized/readable, I think it would be possible to ask for an "exchange".
I don't really know which category.

I’m probably having the same issue with my PS4 disk on PS5. Idk why. My disk is clean af and I played when I upgraded to the PS5 version of the game. Today I tried to play but this error show up. I also tried other disks and they worked perfectly.

Support page doesn’t let me send a report. They only elisted solutions for “Hot Issues”.
36BF2681-D720-4DB4-8E69-0AA73F620D87.jpeg

If it is the disk and you cannot get a free replacement I have seen the game on sale now for as little as $10. You should not have to pay again after already buying it but then I have 5 separate copies of Oblivion CD sets because they were very cheap and I wanted the back ups just in case.

I’m probably having the same issue with my PS4 disk on PS5. Idk why. My disk is clean af and I played when I upgraded to the PS5 version of the game. Today I tried to play but this error show up. I also tried other disks and they worked perfectly.

Support page doesn’t let me send a report. They only elisted solutions for “Hot Issues”.
View attachment 11300755
I found something which could help :
(but I'm not sure that CDPR support can really help about this problem...)

Apparently, sometimes it could help to :
1. Power down your console. Do not enter Rest Mode.
2. Wait for the lights on your PlayStation to turn off completely and unplug the power cable.
3. Wait minimum 2 minutes.
4. Plug the power cable back into PlayStation and turn the console on.

View attachment 11300755
That's the same screen... I am able to launch the game, load my continue... I can hear the CD drive spinning on and off (also a disc icon at the top of the screen) about a minute into playing all stops and that screen pops up!

I found something which could help :
(but I'm not sure that CDPR support can really help about this problem...)

Apparently, sometimes it could help to :
Thanks, tried the shut down method but no luck

If it is the disk and you cannot get a free replacement I have seen the game on sale now for as little as $10. You should not have to pay again after already buying it but then I have 5 separate copies of Oblivion CD sets because they were very cheap and I wanted the back ups just in case.
Thanks, I missed the $5.00 Bestbuy sale here in the USA... may do that in the future.

Top Bottom