Gripes for CDPR (#2)

+
Again, these are all minor stuff since there are numerous threads griping about the big stuff. So think of it as piddly stuff that can (probably) be easily cured.

After completing The Heist and moving out from Watson, I made a quick stop by the Afterlife and did the dialog with Claire about the "Jackie Welles" (with a splash of love, of course). Claire's dialog says that the first one is on her, but nothing showed up in my inventory and the only drinks on her menu were the Johnny Silverhand and David Martinez. I need to be clear that this was IMMEDIATELY after heading out from Megabuilding 8. I'm skipping the initial meet with Takemua, skipping Regina's first vehicle offer, I avoided any interactions with anyone in Megabuilding 8 (OK, I headshotted the guy beating on his girlfriend in the hallway, but only because I didn't have anything handy that was more painful), but was on my way to Delamain to start "Human Nature" so I went out through the garage (more on that in a bit). In my last playthrough (post 1.5) she did put one in my inventory and had a couple or three for sale, but not this time, so I'm guessing that there's some trigger other than the dialog that needs to fire before it happens. It should be a reasonably simple fix if you're of a mind to tackle it.

As far as the "Human Nature" bit goes, the dialogue between V and Johnny after getting smacked by the rogue Del was just a bit too chummy. Remember that in the current game, this is happening after the initial encounter with Johnny in V's apartment, but before the talk with Johnny following the Takemura meeting at the diner. The only thing I can suggest is that the text message saying V's car is back in the garage be delayed until after the meeting with Takemura and Johnny at the diner.

The "Dirty Biz" job from Regina has the quest object spawned almost from the start of the game. If the player is doing some serious early exploring, they can walk right in and pick it up because there is no one around. In and of itself, it's not a major problem, but there is no option in speaking with Regina to tell her that you already have the object if it's picked up early. The player still has to go back and make their way through the Maelstromers to the room where it is supposed to be retrieved (there's nothing to pick up because they already have it), and then leave the building. I'd suggest not having that object spawn until the job is available.

And before anyone jumps in the comments with "CDPR never reads this stuff, anyway," you don't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. Yes, it's low probability, but it's not zero probability.

And before anyone jumps in the comments with "CDPR never reads this stuff, anyway," you don't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket. Yes, it's low probability, but it's not zero probability.
To be sure that CDPR is aware and receive an official answer, the best is to directly report it to the support if it's not already done ;)

It just seems like they didn't spend enough time to tackle edge cases like they did in Witcher 3.

It just seems like they didn't spend enough time to tackle edge cases like they did in Witcher 3.

Yeah, I'd tend to agree on that. The big stuff gets the lion's share of the wrath (deserved or not), but it's the little stuff that makes a story or game work well. So I'm kind of hoping that pointing out some of this little stuff (which is why they're "gripes" rather than something stronger), will make it a better game. They're minor enough (move a trigger here, change the spawn on an item there, etc.) that they'd qualify as minor mods in most other games. I'll keep my fingers crossed since the game really does have a lot of potential; it's just not quite there yet.

They still haven't fixed/removed the "May it serve you well".
Yeah, true enough. I'm still not sure whether that's because they forgot to give that line to the voice actor or because they just wanted to mess with us by keeping the placeholder. Either explanation works, but it's definitely among the better WTF moments.

Ive got a gripe. My game is now unplayable. At first my phone went red after Small Man, Big Mouth, so i couldn't call anybody or answer messages. I've managed to make the phone blue again by doing a cyberpsycho mission but the game still thinks im in a call so i cant use a joytoy, cant jack in to anything and anytime i call it doesnt get answered just hangs up. This is so frustrating. Came back to the game hoping the next gen update would be less buggy but this is just unplayable.

Top Bottom