Crazy graphical error.

+
Crazy graphical error.

I have had The Witcher EE for a while now and I got a new computer and recently decided to install it. I patched it to 1.5 and whenever I launch the game These lines start flying all over the place. All the lines are coming from characters from what I can tell, but they just shoot out and race all over the screen. I have no problem actualy running the game as it was on high and had no lag whatsoever. I can also run much newer games on pretty good settings. I have windows 7 and any help would be greatly appreciated PS: I would take a screenshot but print screen isnt the key for that so I cant figure it out.

Mocker67 said:
I have had The Witcher EE for a while now and I got a new computer and recently decided to install it. I patched it to 1.5 and whenever I launch the game These lines start flying all over the place. All the lines are coming from characters from what I can tell, but they just shoot out and race all over the screen. I have no problem actualy running the game as it was on high and had no lag whatsoever. I can also run much newer games on pretty good settings. I have windows 7 and any help would be greatly appreciated PS: I would take a screenshot but print screen isnt the key for that so I cant figure it out.
read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

i have the same problem. I got The Witcher- enhanced edition platinum edition. i don't have to download patch 1.5 any more because its already in it. but everytime i try to play the game i get these weird graphical problems that only come from characters. So if some one knows how to fix this plz say and don't give a link. just say straight how to fix it.
the problem is the big black line in geralt. further the game works perfect.

AH nevermind any more people i found the problem with the graphical spikes. It means you don't got the latest directX

If we "knew" what the problem was and is we would be more than glad to tell you how to fix it but since there are more than a million different configurations of pc components,software,and hardware not to mention the viruses trojan programs and all sorts of malware it`s just not that easy which is why we ask you to read certain posted links as it helps us help you as we are not professionals we are volunteers who understand what it`s like to experience problems with games and computers and try to help others experiencing similar issues. I am very glad to hear you solved your problem and i will post the links so that others may benefit from itJune 2010 directx can be found here2010 VC Redistributables can be found here note that 64 bit systems need both X86 and X64 versions

tommy5761 said:
If we "knew" what the problem was and is we would be more than glad to tell you how to fix it but since there are more than a million different configurations of pc components,software,and hardware not to mention the viruses trojan programs and all sorts of malware it`s just not that easy which is why we ask you to read certain posted links as it helps us help you as we are not professionals we are volunteers who understand what it`s like to experience problems with games and computers and try to help others experiencing similar issues. I am very glad to hear you solved your problem and i will post the links so that others may benefit from itJune 2010 directx can be found here2010 VC Redistributables can be found here note that 64 bit systems need both X86 and X64 versions
Tommy5761. I used to do directX 2010 myself you will keep a little bit of dead pixels in it that in NPC a black hole comes. In CD 2 you can find a map with directX. If you use that 1 then the black lines are removed and the graphic's are perfect then.

ghostsword5 said:
Tommy5761. I used to do directX 2010 myself you will keep a little bit of dead pixels in it that in NPC a black hole comes. In CD 2 you can find a map with directX. If you use that 1 then the black lines are removed and the graphic's are perfect then.
So you used the directx from the disc is that the enhanced or platinum edition also if you don`t mind me asking what is your OS and service pack if any. I know that 2010 directx and vc 2010 can alleviate crashes. The reason i`m wanting to know is the wall next to my computer needs another post it note so that it will be filled and no need to paint it . No but seriously i do keep post its as a handy resource material

I have exactly the same problem as ghostsword, currently running on Windows 7 with a Radeon HD 5970, but I get a lot of these spikes. It looked okay in the beginning but once I entered the castle this occured. Have the newest driver installed and currently running the Witcher with the newest patch.

Jeantjuh said:
I have exactly the same problem as ghostsword, currently running on Windows 7 with a Radeon HD 5970, but I get a lot of these spikes. It looked okay in the beginning but once I entered the castle this occured. Have the newest driver installed and currently running the Witcher with the newest patch.
You can try updating the VC redistributables found here if you have a 64 bit system you need both X86 and X64 versionsThe latest Directx update can be found hereIf that doesn`t work then you can also try ghostwords fix

Top Bottom