Why is customization so limited during the game?

+
All the games I play that you make a character will let you change everyting about you in game, but not this one.
Why is CDPR so F^&*$#^ stingy.
1. Gender. Unable to switch in game (ACV , Elden ring) off top of head can.
2. Can't change body size ( (F)-Breasts (M)-Penis )
3. Can't change Tattoos, but can change Scars? Can change Teeth?
4. Nails color or size, but can change Makeup? Can change hair & color?
5. Can't change Cyberwear.
Just put FULL character creation in game so we can change.
Why can't new cyberwear chan? Hell GTAV has them and that game is so very OLD. They also have 3rd person. For me 3rd person is immeraive part. 1st person is foe fighting. My opinion.
Why is V forced to be Jackies BFF. I rush through the heist just so he dies.
Why is there not an option to end your life at any point after Johnny gets in your head? Silverhand most annoying character.
The roads are just a mess. Traffic always turns into you or just stops. Traffic and Peds are just terrible..
Story OMG. If you start as city kid, you know padrea. He gives you a lift to your first job. At funeral and first time you hit the city he acts like he never met you. Also if you are corpo or nomad you do a job with jackie for him, but as before he acts like funeral is first time you ever met.

I only play after a patch to see what has been fixed and sofar not a whole hell of a lot.
Future games stop promissing anything and people wont be dissapointed when you releases a POS.

1. Gender.
I suppose that you can forget it right now and forever, because "romance" :D
What happen if you romanced Panam, Judy, Kerry or River and then change gender/voice ?
Story OMG. If you start as city kid, you know padrea. He gives you a lift to your first job. At funeral and first time you hit the city he acts like he never met you.
If you are Street Kid, Padre already know you and have a different dialogue line when you enter in Heywood the first time...
Something like : "Hey, V so you're come back ?"
Instead of Corpo/Nomad : "So you're the new ?"
But I agree, during Jackie Offrenda, dialogue lines are the same.

Last edited:
Hell GTAV has them and that game is so very OLD. They also have 3rd person. For me 3rd person is immeraive part. 1st person is foe fighting.
And maybe you can also forget that too (without mods at least).
I really prefer first person view (and by far), but some of my favorite games are in third person view only... (TW3/ME/...) But I don't complaining and avoid to focusing on that because it's simply how these games are designed and intended to be played :)
(If you really can't stand the first person view, maybe better to avoid all the "first person view only" games...)

I don't get this post. April's fools was 7 days ago...why make a post with so much wrong information?
Mostly right :)
But about nails, I could agree with the OP. if you can change the hair color and hairstyle, why not the nails.
So it could be a mistake/oversight or my guess > It's because nails (and tattoos) are the only "things" that you can actually see in game when you play (out of the Photo Mode and the mirrors). So maybe it's not as easy to change these details :)

But about nails, I could agree with the OP. if you can change the hair color and hairstyle, why not the nails.
So it could be a mistake/oversight or my guess > It's because nails (and tattoos) are the only "things" that you can actually see in game when you play (out of the Photo Mode and the mirrors). So maybe it's not as easy to change these details :)

The nail's color should be changeable yes. Honestly, I wish we could have changed V's body as a whole - you know, height and how buff he/she is.

Forum regular
i dont think so, bcos when you go to the ripper doc, you can change whole hands (vanilla, gorilla, mantis blades, nanowire) and its much bigger difference than just nails or its color. So yes, nails should be modificable during the game. and i even vote for tattoos :p

i dont think so, bcos when you go to the ripper doc, you can change whole hands (vanilla, gorilla, mantis blades, nanowire) and its much bigger difference than just nails or its color.
Yes but it was intended and present directly at the release. Unlike of the mirror "changes" added afterward.
But I'm not saying it's impossible, just less easy than the stuff you only see in photo mode or in the mirrors :)

For OP (@Necromancie ) I can only reference to Pawel Sasko (Quest Director) streams where is he explaining many things/decisions which are behind this game. I know for sure they were also talking about 1st person choice in one from them. Below is example only I did not found 1st person part there, but 1 year anniversary stream was imo really a good one

Youtube have his videos commented with timestampts, so do some little search there may give answers.

For OP (@Necromancie ) I can only reference to Pawel Sasko (Quest Director) streams where is he explaining many things/decisions which are behind this game. I know for sure they were also talking about 1st person choice in one from them. Below is example only I did not found 1st person part there, but 1 year anniversary stream was imo really a good one

Youtube have his videos commented with timestampts, so do some little search there may give answers.
first person mode should be just more animation needed with the view of the character in current clothes or appearance

This is silly, but...the only customization (or rather the lack of) that bothers me is underwear.
I'm fine if my character is shown in skivies, but ffs let me wear something nice at least.

Top Bottom