Crash Instantly if Journal (J)

+

nebuul

Forum regular
I just completed the quest where you
help Mitch drive Scorpion's body off a cliff
. Afterwards, my next quest was auto-queued as "M'ap Tann Pelen." I've hit a game-breaking problem, though. If I go to my quest journal ("J" key), my game will instantly crash. I can open inventory, backpack, any other screen, but opening the journal is 100% instant crash. I even opened my map, found a side quest, and did that first. The journal still crashes me instantly.

Anyone else seen this issue? I run no mods whatsoever.

I just completed the quest where you
help Mitch drive Scorpion's body off a cliff
. Afterwards, my next quest was auto-queued as "M'ap Tann Pelen." I've hit a game-breaking problem, though. If I go to my quest journal ("J" key), my game will instantly crash. I can open inventory, backpack, any other screen, but opening the journal is 100% instant crash. I even opened my map, found a side quest, and did that first. The journal still crashes me instantly.

Anyone else seen this issue? I run no mods whatsoever.
Very strange :(
So if it's only in journal, you are able to select different quests on the map without crash ?
Anyway, you can try at least these steps and if nothing work, send a ticket to the support for help ("Contact Us" button).

nebuul

Forum regular
Very strange :(
So if it's only in journal, you are able to select different quests on the map without crash ?
Anyway, you can try at least these steps and if nothing work, send a ticket to the support for help ("Contact Us" button).
Yeah, it sucks. I've updated my video driver, windows update is current, and I've done a complete fresh uninstall/reinstall of the game.

Same problem as well. I haven't been able to play because I can't turn in quests or carry on anything.

It also happens if I try to open the phone and use "tab" to get into the messages section.
Post automatically merged:

**EDIT** @here I logged in and was able to go on and I did the next main mission section. Then I saved, in a new area, opened up journal and messages without any problems. Try just moving forward in another quest. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Jep1st

Forum regular
Does this happen on a specific point in the game or does it happen all the time? E.g. if you start a new game and then use it, does it still happen?
I loaded some old saves and tried using J to open journal in a few points in my previos run and current run and even during the quest you mentioned but it works fine.
It's also possible that one of the small updates that were released during the week and were only a few kilobytes in size might have had a glitch during installation.
You could also try reloading a save prior to when the problem started and see if the crash issue replicates itself once you reach the same spot where it did it the first time.

Top Bottom